MR11 Gatekeeper

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Acestar, Sep 10, 2015.

1. CMDante

So we can blame the engine and not the gun for being hard to see, easy enough.
    I still think that changing more than one thing at a time will throw us back to the Striker/Fracture problem all over again. Start small and give it some vertical recoil at range. I see no reason that the VS should have a monopoly on high-velocity weapons, so that needs to stay the same for now.

Regarding the Prowler... Don't even think about nerfing it, I can all but guarantee that if that tank is adjusted down flocks of TR will just quit the game altogether, it's the only thing we really have left and it's already seen some pretty sizable nerfs(Not that those weren't warranted). It's not fair to blame our crappy equipment on the Prowler, especially because the TR having a Tech Plant by no means makes them scary all of a sudden, the numbers will attest to that. If ONLY the TR have one, well then it's no different than of ONLY the VS or NC one.

NC and VS have competent infantry based AV and(no matter what they like to pretend) very solid tanks as well, I see no reason why the TR can't have the same. People like to claim that prowlers win 100% of tank duels, which is simply not the case. Not 10 minutes ago my 2/2 Prowler with a Vulcan came across a 2/2 Vanguard with a halberd. I was shooting into his side, him into my nose. He won in a few seconds, without the use of his shield. So what's the problem here?

But that's getting off topic; the GK is in a fine position now. Could it use some tweaks? Sure, the reload is too short and the projectiles not rendering is lame from any angle, and maybe some vertical recoil would be fun. But taking a machete to the velocity, the drop, the bloom and the magazine is going to royally **** the TR over again and we'll be back to square 1.
  2. Flag

Yet they've done that repeatedly with the Magrider, and that's fine?
  3. CMDante

Magrider is the easiest tank to use, the slipperiest and the only one that can climb mountains. So yeah, it should have the least firepower.
  4. Moridin6

dude its sooooo slow, can Barely get places the others cant, and the thing youll hit when trying to dodge And keep your lame fixed cannon on target.. sigh. its terrible
  5. Villanuk

Can i ask a simple question to you. You are an expert in tanks and the DPS, TTK etc etc,

So are you saying the GK is OP and if so, then the stats above don't show this, unless in your expert opinion they do, so can you explain why to us less educated please but in a simple way, nothing to technical just a simple explanation?
  6. Villanuk

I must admit i find the maggie more difficult to use than the NC and TR but thats just a personal thing. I always secondary gun on the mag. Indeed its gets where no one else can and short range its dam good, but the cof on the saron i think is just to much at range. If you fire quick then 20% of the projectiles just naff off in their own direction.

I think its needs adjusting for long range ( saron ) and i know the stats show its in a good place, but in actual game play its harder to use than the enforcer and GK at distance. I dont think it needs much just a little tweak.

***** Disclaimer *****

Yes VS im sticking up for you and ive not taken any illegal substances and no animals were harmed in this post.
    • Up x 3
  7. CMDante

It is slow, but it has the magburner to get out of dodge quickly(So it's the hardest to C4) And it can shoot up very steep walls with the same ability to just spam HE shells at a spawn room. It's not a bad tank by any stretch, it just does slightly less damage than the others in exchange for being SO maneuverable.
  8. Moridin6

if it was a worthwhile exchange for anything Other than spamming at spawn room doors id be fine with the trade.. anti tank? find a flat field and Maybe you can dodge
  9. Flag

It's OP because it does too many things too well without having a drawback for the enemy to play around.
    It has extreme accuracy relative to its peers (the velocity and close to non-existent CoF and Drop), damage is high (not extreme, but substantial and far from "bad" as some people make it out to be) and in part because of the first point it's extremely ******-friendly. There's nothing that really benefits from someone being a better player, which is a bit of a shame.
    The lack of the "burst" or "alpha strike" akin to the saron mag dump or the halberd shot isn't a weakness, just a "lack" of an advantage.

So in short, it's too easy to use, and too all-around good with no actual weakness. One of these things has to go, one way or another.

----

If you're curious on what constitutes a weakness, the CoF bloom (and recoil that doesn't reset) on the Saron would be such a weakness. Or the notable drop on the Enforcer, and having to manage the reload (there's room to **** up, making skill an important factor).

Or rely on the opposition being awful. As recent as half an hour ago I engaged a prowler around 80-100 meters and managed to make him miss both his shots, twice. :cool:
  10. CMDante

There are tons of ways to use improved mobility. Sadly, camping spawns is by far the most common :(
  11. Silversharp

Okay, so how long is it gonna take? a month of happyface farming?

Fresh stats:
    Harasser:
    [IMG]

MBT:
    [IMG]

I love to hear now TR saying Gatekeeper is on the right spot now. No its fkin not. NOT.
    Its incredibly overperforming, Aphelion is kinda ok, and Mjolnir - no comment - see for yourself.
    Yes i just logged out after losing 3 sundies being shot from out of render distance. Rage over.
  12. Flag

But don't you see? It's fine because Fractures, and Orions, and Vanguard shield.

/s
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

Where the **** are you pulling your data from & what are you using to base your "feelings" on?

Which section are we supposed to look at?

YOU BASING YOUR ARGUMENT ON FEELINGS DUE TO RAGING.
  14. SwornJupiter

Being shot from render distance is not problem that is specific to the gstekeeper.
    • Up x 1
  15. Silversharp

Numbers after "All BRs" is individual kills column. Inspiring.

Yes and no. No because i trialed both 3 guns and only as tr i was able to harass solo-yolo all armor columns from miles. They didnt even know what hit them. This thing even shreds esfs let alone libs and gals with ease.
  16. Leftconsin

That is number of kills. It only shows that the Gatekeeper is more popular than the Aphelion and Mjolnir. Look at the number pulled! Look a little further over and you find that Mjolnir has higher kills per hour and higher vehicle kills her hour! Not only are you cherry picking data, but you are cherry picking data that is meaningless to your argument! You also have the problem of comparing the wrong weapons. The Gatekeeper is completing the cycle of Enforcer - Saron. So you should be comparing the Gatekeeper to them. Check this out:
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=q4kph&weapon1=802875&weapon2=6123&weapon3=6126
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=vkph&weapon1=802875&weapon2=6123&weapon3=6126
    We have a strange anomalous bump at hour one, but then the Gatekeeper joins it's counterparts quite nicely.

The conclusion I draw from that data you brought up (which is how many vehicles are being pulled with those weapons) is that more TR want to try out the gatekeeper than VS or NC are trying their new toys.
    • Up x 3
  17. Scr1nRusher

You ended your sentence with "Inspiring". Oh boy, your one of those guys.....

Also when it comes to MBT platforms, keep in mind the playstyles & ES abilities

The high GateKeeper usage is due to the "new and shiny" effect happening & the over hype.

Someones over hyping what actually happened.
  18. Scr1nRusher

Thats a very logical & rational conclusion, which if you consider player habits makes sense.
  19. RainbowDash9

lets not forget that the gatekeeper is basically the only good ranged gun us TR have... i mean theres the halberd, but why use that anymore?
    • Up x 1
  20. Vaphell

there is a good ranged weapon and then there is an out of whack, op ranged weapon.
    Nobody needs an easy mode, 500m/s AV weapon to stay competitive. Some edge in the velocity department? Be my guest, maybe 10-20% over the competition - nothing outrageous but also nothing to scoff at. Almost doubling the numbers of the competition? Now that is ridiculous.

Also a poor excuse. When some vanu says that prorion is their only good LMG nobody gives a ****, because when the ony good X is also the top dog in the race everybody flocks to it.
    • Up x 3