The gatekeeper is more like an AV pre-nerfed PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scorpion97, Sep 9, 2015.

1. MasterOhh

The only thing I'd like to be changed on the GK is giving its shots a tracer or smoke trail and add some damn audio feedback for when you are being hit by the GK. Those two are clearly bugs and need to be fixed asap. Other than that, I'd say give the new weapons a few months until their new shinyness is worn off and then compare them again.
    • Up x 1
  2. sebastian oscar post

can you guys just discus something else like a deployable communications tower instead?
  3. SwornJupiter

A thread like this was already closed because scorpion's argument was already crushed by every other contributing person in the thread. This case is closed. We were agreed not to discuss balance for a few weeks until the new weapons find their place in the game. But we all know what's going to happen... Scorpion will open another GK OP thread. Again.
    • Up x 1
  4. sebastian oscar post

ok this s**t is going to come back so why don't we open a discussion thread on possible ANT deployable's like the coms tower above?
  5. Dfog

You are actually ********. The alert is 15 minutes in and there are zero fights on the continent. This is a classic case of "indar was getting ghost capped while everyone was fighting somewhere else and people are now just switching over to indar for the alert" or its graveyard hour. Come on, man. The other guys posted a screen shot of a populated alert with ~15 minutes remaining, which means there has been plenty of time for each faction to duke it out. Please don't insult people's intelligence with your poor attempt at misinformation.

The GK is good, but NOT OP. Sure, its velocity could be toned down a bit, but why nerf it to make it a niche weapon? Because TR can't have anything good?....????
  6. ohknoh

It's the deadliest longrange secondary mounted on the deadliest longrange mbt. It's quiet, difficult to identify, and exceptionally easy to use.

It's a point and click weapon used against the tank who's only "advantage" is maneuverability.

gimme a break.
  7. SwornJupiter

`
    Only stats will show how it performs in live combat - and in order to get reliable statistics that are truly reflective of what goes on on the live servers, we need to wait a few weeks until the dust settles. Right now, it's new and it's 'shiny' - hence why it's being pulled so often.
    Give it a couple weeks until it finds its niche in the game and then discussions about balance are appropriate.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scorpion97

So you want me to wait for some more weeks to judge about the GK,well if it's about time so be it :p

P.S. Storm's post..should have posted the stats before I start the thread tho
  9. Scorpion97

That's what said..tone down its velocity a little..not nerf........
  10. Scorpion97

Just becouse everyone disagrees with me..doesn't mean it's a confirmation that my arguement is invalid
  11. SwornJupiter

It's really simple how it works on these forums - so simple that I dont understand why you dont get it.
    If your argument is sound, it will merit praise and support. If your argument is unsound, it will merit scrutiny and criticism.

Things that are characteristic of an unsound argument:
    - Poor structure
    - Absence of fact
    - Incorporates selective interpretation and confirmation bias
    - Absence of any supporting evidence
    - Too subjective in nature

And finally, remember that as the OP, the onus is upon YOU to prove why your argument is valid or should be accepted as the truth.
    The onus is NOT upon the community to negative your claims.
    • Up x 1
  12. FBVanu

Not entirely, no, but it is a good indicator that your arguments may not be on point, thus inviting counter points.
    If your arguments were on point, nobody would argue with you.

The comparison that you made from the Gatekeeper to the old version of the PPA, is entirely wrong.
    As the Gatekeeper has no splash, it can not be compared to any weapons that derive the majority of their kills from splash.

That means that you need to find an alternative comparison, analogy that would allow you to underscore your argument for a reduction in velocity, damage or any other aspects of the Gatekeeper.

For many players on this forum, especially those of us who play all three factions, the Saron is still more deadly than the Gatekeeper. If you can find an objective argument to counter that, then we will certainly consider it. However, I can not find one.
    If the Saron is deadlier in close range, then it is perfectly valid and balanced if the Gatekeeper is more dangerous in long range.
    Those two scenarios do even each other out, they are balanced.. as you can either disengage from long distance, or not get caught in close range. It's a L2P issue at that moment.
    Balance does not mean that two items are equally good, effective or easy in the exact same situation. It means that each might have a slight advantage, in two different sets of circumstances. Then it is up to the player to create those circumstances.

As of now, in both of these threads about the Gatekeeper, there is not one solid argument that shows a definitive and rational reason why the Gatekeeper should have any of its features reduced at all. Not one.
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

Forumside pls.

You are going full R-TRD lately.