The gatekeeper is more like an AV pre-nerfed PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scorpion97, Sep 9, 2015.

1. HamOnRye

Hey windowlicker - You invited the comparison with the whole" You probably aren't a good shooter with the GK, do ya". Don't complain when I throw it back in your face.

I have a better handle on both infantry shooting and vehicle shooting. The stats make that very clear. Again, you made the comparison so don't complain when you get called out on it.

Name one AI weapon for vehicles that doesn't have splash? Your claiming that the gatekeeper (no splash) is as bad as the old PPA (which did have a large splash). And when the old PPA got nerfed, one of the major things they did was reduce the splash damage. You go to say its the accuracy and no drop, so if that's the case we need to nerf the Saron and Enforcer cause they have the same accuracy and no drop.

For the record your shooting sucks. I will also be making fun of your horrific KDR from here on out cause you invited it!
    • Up x 1
  2. FBVanu

Are you saying the Saron can not hit or kill infantry? Your Saron must be broken then, 'cause mine does it just fine.
    • Up x 1
  3. Scorpion97

I'm not the only one with this point of view and my point here is:we complained about a weapon that was with perfect accuracy and no drop which made it able to kill people from infinite range

And here comes a second generation of an AV weapon with different name but with almostly the SAME stats of a nerfed one

Please make sure you are playing with non TR factions enough and you specifically shouldn't argue on GK because remember what you told me last time when I asked you why did you change your avatar?!!

As for the LMG part..feel free to open a hundredth thread about them but don't come up again and talk about something away from the thread topic please
  4. Scr1nRusher

Balance shouldn't be about feelings which are finicky.
  5. SwornJupiter

Faction traits were blurred a looong time ago.
    TR are no longer the faction with highest rof, NC don't always pack the biggest punch with their weapons - this argument is irrelevant
    • Up x 1
  6. ronjahn

Can I have your Enforcer? Mine has plenty of drop and requires skill to shoot accurately because of the low velocity and ROF.
  7. SwornJupiter

Popular opinion =/= fact.
    I do play a lot of VS because I think that their toys are particularly interesting. Perhaps you shouldn't be a hypocrite and play some TR for a change. You will understand that the GK has NO WHERE NEAR the AI potential you claim it has.

And as pointed out, you are comparing apples and oranges. Right now, the Aphelion is outperforming the Vulcan by 100%. Go onto PS2 Oracle and tally the total number of kills for both. Aphelion is sitting st over 8k at its peak while vulcan is peaking at just under 4k. So should we nerf the Aphelion? No, because its too early to say or do anything.

Let the dust settle and then we'll discuss balance instead of this mindless crusade you have going against the GK.
  8. helicoil

I don't like to patronize threads like this but I can't help it heh.

I agree with FBVanu your Sauron must be broken Scorpion97. I have no trouble killing infantry with it. You just can't be a spaz an try to unload the whole clip because yah, you are not going to hit the broad side of a mountain. (Ok I exaggerated a bit there ;))

I did get spawn camped by a pack of marauding prowlers sitting about 150 ~200 meters away. Yeah they can kill you fairly quickly with the GK. Trying to pick them off with my lancer... did not work so well for me. BUT the game is 3D, so there is always the C4 Fairy. I paid them a little visit with the help of a high flying Valk and well... they turned tail and ran! Imagine that...

Give the Hyphilion a try, let a NC harasser with the fridge kill you for pitty and leave the TR to play with their new toy.
    • Up x 1
  9. RainbowDash9

its not as good as you think it is, but i use it mostly for one manning my harrasser from range so i dont really know.
    • Up x 4
  10. HamOnRye

That was hyperbole on my part to make a point. The GK has a drop as well but as long as the OP is pretending it doesn't we can pretend the Enforcer doesn't have it either.
    • Up x 1
  11. Scorpion97

I said this because your "dummy" phrases tells me that you think aiming with the GK is hard which is totally untrue

that's not what I saw in your stats,you main infantry

since when did enforcer has drop?since when did saron has zero bloom?every weapon of those got just ONE of the 2 which make them balanced.the canister is an AI secondary with no splash and the PPA was nerfed not because of splash ONLY but because of the combination of all good stats which includes splash and accuracy,why did they nerf its accuracy otherwise?!

goat's argument confirmed
  12. RainbowDash9

how about instead of arguing with scorpion, we just show him from the TR perspective. ALL HAIL YOUTUBE!!! chop chop people.
  13. SwornJupiter

It's going to bother me if I dont expressly point out how bloody stupid this thread is
  14. Scorpion97

I just see some sort of imbalance,why the GK should get no drop like the saron with zero bloom and 30 rounds?

dpm of GK

30*170=5100
    h-version,30*160=4800

saron in both

6*284=1704

can you even see the HUGE difference in DPM?

all I want from saron is

1)no bloom

2) increase mag size to 8 or make it upgradable

3)change CoF reticle

where is the imbalance here?
  15. RainbowDash9

hence why im trying to put it to an end lol
  16. Scorpion97

im going to consider myself stupid and see a video that prove otherwise -_-
  17. Scorpion97

they do hit infantry but not overtime like the GK
  18. Scorpion97

oh well,Im gonna wait for 3 more months..trust me,you will find at least 10 more threads saying the same thing

the Vulcan and aphelion are both balanced correctly

Vulcan is 800rpm,167 dmg with 90 rounds

aphelion is 400 rpm,200 dmg with 50 rounds and because its clip is almostly half the Vulcan's,it has no drop and fire that plasma strike when stoping after 5 shots
  19. ronjahn

Seems that the Enforcer is being left out of this conversation and as NC tryhard, I can't let that stand!
    Now that everyone has a CQC and a long range option, I'd like them to review performance over the next few months and balance them all out. IMO Enforcer needs:

1. 10 rounds in mag---- since the only reason it got nerfed to begin with was explained as "reasons" and "it was doing its job"
    2. Reduced drop or faster velocity---- The rounds drop way to much for a long range weapon and the rounds move so slow. One or the other would be fine.
    3. A laddered reticle---- If they add this, they can go ahead and leave the drop and velocity as is. I've been asking for this since they originally changed the reticle when they redesigned it.
  20. RainbowDash9

NO LINES FOR YOU!!!!