[Vehicle] inb4 Gatekeeper gets nerfed into the ground

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SW0V, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seaker Drone

IT is extremely balanced! Do not even think of it as being nerfed... if you have played VS or NC you would realize it is just like the sauron and enforcer combined.

There is absolutely nothing broke about it other than every person on the TR has one at this point.
    • Up x 2
  2. HamOnRye

I generally hate to think the worst of people but this does seem to be the case doesn't it? Looking at the features of the new TR weapon, it doesn't seem out of line at all.

Yet the hordes of NC/VS forum warriors here pretend like its the second coming of ZOE.
    • Up x 12
  3. helicoil

Having personally gotten utterly destroyed by this new weapon while trying to use the VS counter (aka Lancer) I'd have to say its quite good at AI at rage. Not to mention that prowler can unload 2 tank rounds as well. You simply cant get enough lancer shots on target before they move. Whats more is that the lancer reticle has a tiny amount of zoom I was trying to hit what looked like to me an AV turret. All the while eating super fast rockets and tank shells.

I did not really have a counter as NC, they just sat at long range raining streams of red. Some of the gunners were even so good they could take out my guided rocket mid flight... You could flank but most of the time they were positioned in areas that would make that certain death. Trying to met out mighty justice with the titan left me running for cover most of the time.

Attack from the air! well no lol you'll get blasted even using hornets.

About the only counter I found was to kamikaze Gal or bail from a VERY high altitude cert pinata and C4 fairy it to death and hope to god the gunner was not asleep.

Yet I'll still hold my judgement for a while longer. Its amusing to me to see all the complains. If it's broke time will tell, then then buckle up and think outside the box.
    • Up x 1
  4. Villanuk

We have the striker, so your going nerf everything to the level we can counter with that?
  5. Pelojian

1)lancers can do the exact same thing to tanks now and in the past so i fail to see what the issue is. one lancer will at most kill if not deter likewise a cautious lancer user will only be deterred by a tank repeatedly shelling near their position

2)really gosh they are doing the exact same thing the VS and NC have been doing for years! sitting at long range with a long range weapon!!

shooting down a NC guided rocket isn't hard if the user can't fly the rocket in such a way to be hard to predict it's flight path.
    • Up x 1
  6. helicoil

Bro I said nothing about a nerf... lets not get too fired up. I was just pointing out that is a good weapon and the TR are using it in creative ways. Just because its good != OP You just have to be smart about it.

There is insufficient data at current and I even stated I will wait till later. For redundant redundancy sake I'll say it again. I am going to hold my judgement till later.
  7. helicoil

Firstly a lancer is kinda weak, its cool but weak lol. Before you get all riled up, yes they are amazing in numbers. But see pre nerf strikers controlling entire quadrants of the map to see how awesome groups can be. ANYTHING in a group will have an awesome amount of power. The lancer is just better suited to this because its a relatively low damage weapon and its "point and click" though I've yet to master that... Probably because I rarely use it.

Second, well shoot... ya caught me. I don't really play my NC a lot so I think my experience is valid to this discussion. If I had a hard time most likely a lot of others will too. Especially since the NC tends to attract a lot of the newer players.

Think I'll add this to my forum sig... There is insufficient data at current and I even stated I will wait till later. I am going to hold my judgement on the GK till later.
  8. KesTro

Get over your TR victim complex. You want to know what resigning to saying your faction is UP means? That you're bad. Just because you don't want to use the tools you're given doesn't mean they aren't there. Fractures can be pinpoint accurate at range and don't you even dare say lock down MAX doesn't count. What we have here is a faction wide case of the 'git gud's with the notable exceptions of course. Not everyone who succeeds as TR is MLGPRO, they worked on getting better instead of how many words per minute they could jam out on the forum.
  9. SwornJupiter

Nobody is saying that TR is UP, in fact quite the opposite. There have already been cries by the NC/VS that the Gatekeeper is making TR OP. See the irony in that claim?
    • Up x 3
  10. SwornJupiter

It's not only ironic, but hypocritical. The two factions with the most complete arsenal complaining when another faction (whose AV department is lacking) is being fixed. wtf?
    • Up x 2
  11. KesTro

I'm talking about the TR in general, not the Gatekeeper. It's obvious the thing needs some balancing.
  12. SwornJupiter

It's not a victim complex when it's objectively bad...
  13. Dharnia

If they want some balance on the long range AV weapons how about giving back the NC's 2 shots in the Enforcer and reducing or removing the CoF on the Saron I think that would even out all the long range AV weapons. (Also increase the sound effect on the Gatekeeper it's waaaaaay too quiet)
  14. asmodraxus

How about increasing the Projectile speed of the Saron and Enforcer to be the same as the Gatekeeper and raise the Halberds to 475m/s.
  15. axiom537

No, because that would be OP...But that is not the only issue, the gatekeeper also does not suffer from drop or COF Bloom, something both the Enforcer and Saron have, respectfully.

The Gatekeeper needs it's velocity reduced to 300 m/s & it should suffer from COF or Drop. Personally, I think giving it a drop makes sense, because a COF penalty on a weapon that needs to fire a lot of low damage rockets fast, would be a horrible mix and probably ruin the weapon.
  16. FBVanu

Yeah, the Halberd was always too slow..
  17. RadarX

Closing this one up! Please be sure to keep feedback constructive and specific. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.