New ES Vehicle Weapons.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlterEgo, Sep 7, 2015.

1. AlterEgo

Aphelion: Change it. Get rid of Vulcan-style RoF, and replace it with the plasma wave in burst mode.

Gatekeeper: Increase RoF and projectile amount by 25% each. Reduce damage by 5%.

Mjolnir: Complete crap. Change it into a rail gun.

Otherwise, merry Christmas.
    • Up x 2
  2. thebigbortishbort

gatekeeper needs no buffs , people complain about it enough already after just being released Due to glorious TR shiny new weapon spammy , cant say much about the other two , i only know that they hurt like hell.
    • Up x 3
  3. Leftconsin

I like that TR finally has a competitive long range AV weapon.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

Railguns are for long range. Wrong suggestion in this case.
  5. p10k56

Sooner or later it will be nerfed as happened to all TRs good stuff.
  6. CMDante

Gatekeeper is in a good spot. I'm a little annoyed with how the VEX is simply a Vanu Vulcan, DBG could have done better.
    I can't say much about the boombox, hurts to get hit by it.
  7. Jolanar

I'm happy with the Vex and the Gatekeeper exactly as they are. The Mjolnir I think might need to be addressed because I'm not convinced that it does enough damage for having a significant projectile drop or a cheesy burst-fire mechanic. Just make it full auto and call it a day.
    • Up x 2
  8. Liewec123

if mjolnir isn't getting its damage or accuracy changed then we shouldn't have to only fire it in 2 shot bursts, we should be able to spam it, it might actually be good then, right now it fires 4 weak potatoes with a hilariously bad cone of fire.

edit, i didn't read jolanar's comment but it seems great minds think alike XD
  9. Jubikus

Eh its basically Vanu vulcan but its just different enough for me not to give a damn. The clip size is smaller and the rate of fire also smaller and how you compensate for this is laying off the trigger every shots to hit the enemy with the plasma wave which does a good chunk of damage enough to warrant laying off the trigger and re winding the weapon up this also artificially extends the mag size and give the weapon a bit of a skill cap.
  10. Jubikus

I think if it was full auto it would have to have its damage toned down a bit the weapon is meant for close range and therefor probibly works best on a harasser if you look at the statistics on how weapons are doing even tho for the most part they are irrelevent since not enough time has passed the Mjolnir is currently top dog of the 3 on the harasser. Personally i dont like the Mjolnir as i dont like its style but when it comes to buffing or nerfing any of the 3 weapon we simmply have to wait at least a few more months before we have enough data to make an informed decision i dont want any of them to be nerfed into an unusable state or buffed into a monster if they do need buffed they should do it like they did the striker and patch after patch give it a little tweak until its just good enough like it is now.