NS SWARM - How is it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jolanar, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Jolanar

Hey guys and gals,

I have surprisingly seen very few NS Swarms out there firing rockets off at various things. I haven't had the certs to unlock the weapon but I would like to give those a chance to talk about how they feel the weapon is performing live.

Is it a decent weapon? Is it too powerful? Is it not performing well? What do you think?
  2. Ronin Oni

Seen a few fired at me

I noticed the new lock. Took less than full mag each time so damage seemed low.

And this is what TR were craying about being made common pool *rolleyes*

Honestly, I think VS and NC would make more use out of a NS 'coyote RL' than the "original Striker" NS weapon that's out now.

Once again, like the striker before it, there seems little point in comparison. Anni does the same job with less exposure.
  3. Jolanar

Well, the lesson to take from this one is that the devs are actually listening to the complaints of the community. The weapon was originally too powerful on the PBE. We should stop hyperbolyzing everything and give decent feedback.
  4. CorporationUSA

From what I've used(the trial), it's crap. From flying an ESF, it's no better than the annihilator, and the slow rockets are the easiest to ditch in a reaver. They do dodge terrain though, so they are probably better against ground vehicles. it seems like it locks on too soon at time, as if it's ignoring my stealth, but that could be the indicator bugging out. It can be dumbfired, but I forgot to test that.

Also, I've had rockets orbit my ESF until they die, never dealing damaging. Seems like it might be buggy.
  5. OldMaster80

The reason why you are not seeing many is probably there are already a lot of rocket launchers in the game.
  6. FigM

weapons like this have to be balanced against group usage - 5+ people using on same target

So when you test it out solo it seems super weak and useless, cause it has to be balanced for team play not solo
  7. Ronin Oni

Yeah. but I think the point is 5 guys with Anni's is prolly much more dangerous

Although it seems to have some kind of top down attack I saw from a PTS vid anyways, which might be nice against tanks that move behind low cover while rocket is in flight

That seems like it might be the only functionality it provides, which might be decent, but not enough for me to spend the certs or DBC on it, particularly when it's a "teamwork weapon"

Already have problems making good use of Lancer and Phoenix which are the same, and they were once quite popular and much more common than this will prolly be.
  8. FieldMarshall

According to people on the forum 2 days before it was released, its completely gamebreaking because its just like the old op striker.
  9. SwornJupiter

Which is why pilots and tankers alike are eternally grateful that the devs didn't repeat their mistake with the striker.