~ NS Swarm 117 Second Review With Dancing Zergling ~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Sep 4, 2015.

1. belthazor3457

SPESS MEHREENS MASTER CHIEF IS IN ORBIT WITH OUR DANK MEMES AND ARE PREPARED TO LAUNCH MULTIPLE SIMUL-TANIOUS DEVESTATING DEEP STRIKES FROM OUR ZERGLING SWARM LAUNCHERS IN ORBIT. WE SHALL OVERWHELM THEM BY THROWING ZERGLINGS AT THEM, IT IS THE ENEMY THAT SHALL TASTE DEATH AND DEFEAT.

Right. So. Yeah. Anyway.

NS Swarm launcher. 3 rounds at 375 damage each. Two fire modes. Lock on to G+A, no dumbfire.
    Lots of bugs.
    Greatly reduced value of extra munitions pouch suit slot for heavy assaults (The one that gives you more rockets). Most rockets give you additional reload cycles (one rocket for one-rocket-per-reload, 6 for 6 shots per reload if you're a lancer, so the lancer gets like, 20+ extra shots from a level 4 munitions pouch... the swarm, at 3 shots per reload, gets only 4 extra rockets total.
    Rearms real slow from engineer boxes, as if it were a one-rocket-per-cycle launcher (thus requires additional time sitting on a box to obtain equivalent value of another launcher).
    ^ Above two things possibly just bugs.

What the fire modes do: Slow mode, slow travel rockets, curve better and last an ice age. Fast mode, shoots fast rockets, fast rockets start curving a bit later, less accurate (can actually miss stationary targets). Can also curve shots (lock on, turn, fire rocket, cause rocket to come from different direction. Sometimes useful depending on terrain).

Can also cause damage to arrive after a delay such as on targets you expect to take damage and then attempt to retreat (fire slow, reload, fire fast, can get damage to arrive close to each-other).

Moar bug: Directional damage not behavey. Rocket hit tank from behind, rocket do frontal armor damage, if originally fired from in front / fire-er fire-ered from in front originally. Etc.

TL;DW, TL;DR = Verdict: Bugs.
    • Up x 3
  2. sebastian oscar post

YAY MORE BELTHAZOR!!@!11
    • Up x 1
  3. Nregroepis

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. LodeTria

Regarding the "rockets hitting behind doing not rear damage"

This is because the damage you do is calculated from your firing position and the angel of the tank when it hits. So long as you're in the rear arc of tanks when it hits it will do rear damage, and we've never really had a weapon that "goes around" targets so it's never been a problem.
    • Up x 2
  5. Shadowomega

This as it applies to all weapons in the game.
    • Up x 1
  6. The Rogue Wolf

You know, you could've cut this down to 116 seconds if you'd left out that overly-elaborate and drawn-out intro.
  7. LightningWolfTigrBer

8. belthazor3457

I've considered the mechanics of vehicle damage calculation to be rather wonky for a long time, so I suppose I never changed my position from considering it a game flaw. Not a huge one for a while, but one that is now directly relevant to this weapon, so I still judge it by the old standard of "this is a design flaw" and thus consider the rockets hitting from the rear not doing rear damage to be a bug.
    • Up x 1
  9. FieldMarshall

[IMG]
  10. HappyStuffin

I just absolutely love that you skip (even make light of) the video intros and you don't annoy us with "like, comment, and subscribe!!"

...I've also liked, comment, and subscribed because you deserve it, not because you asked for it - and you didn't.

Kudos to you and your video.
  11. Dreadnaut

Just what the community was hoping for, MORE lock-on missile launchers...
  12. Peebuddy

Dear god, looking at your PS graphics hurts my eyes
  13. belthazor3457

BEEPBEEPS FOR THE BEEPBEEP GOD! LOCKONS FOR THE LOCKTHRONE! LET THE GAME DROWN IN IT! THE AGE OF THE FALSE DUMBFIRE IS OVER AT LAST! BEEPBEEP FOR BEEPBEEP, BEEPBEEPFORBEEPBEEP, BEEEBEEEEEERGGGRMMRRGRGLGRLGRLGRRL!!111oneoneeleven11
    • Up x 1
  14. HappyStuffin

Oh belthazor3457, you had me at "beep..."