double xp weekend???

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by westli, Sep 5, 2015.

1. westli

on the launching screen it says double xp for everyone but im not getting it!!!! whats going on or is it members only
  2. xSalt

I'm having the same issue, and am a member. I've heard others are having it too. I even bought a boost to take advantage of it, but now I'm rather upset.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lainne01

I'm getting the same issue . Pop up on screen says one thing but the amount credited to session and profile is the base value.

4. tedrampart

also a member but not seeing the xp doubled either..
  5. Unadude

Now come to think about it, I don't think I was getting it this morning either when I played for an hour...
  6. ScrapyardBob

One two of the three characters that I tested it on, I was getting double XP. But one of the three - nada. Not even my membership bonus.
  7. dirtYbird

Not that you will probably see it mentioned here but they,

https://np.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...bugged_did_any1_else_noticed_the_same/cur4lqv

If you are BR100 and swimming in certs then now is the time to consider if membership is worthwhile, its value was questionable well before this change.
    if you are just starting out then it might be worth having for a few months, if you decide to hang around that long.
  8. Lainne01

This, or something very similar, is already in the confirmed bugs list hopefully it will be fixed. That said I only started getting the issue yesterday and this was originally raised in July so maybe I've been lucky up to now, it's become more widespread after the big patch on Friday, or it's a new one.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-1554
  9. Megalegs

“Not that you will probably see it mentioned here but they

https://np.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...bugged_did_any1_else_noticed_the_same/cur4lqv
    If you are BR100 and swimming in certs then now is the time to consider if membership is worthwhile, its value was questionable well before this change.
    if you are just starting out then it might be worth having for a few months, if you decide to hang around that long.”

That's nuts, that's a massive change to the way boosts and membership work, totally unannounced, that negatively affects the "value" of contracts we may have standing orders set up for and can be up to 12 months long.

If it had been mentioned in the patch notes it might have helped.

"Yeah I changed it........"

What????

Edit: Must have missed it on the road-map.........

Edit 2: Membership cancelled. Don't particularly care about the leaderboard, just total loss of any kind of trust.
  10. Megalegs

Thinking about this, is it just boosts and membership (which it must diminish the value off, ego or not)?

Do alert and squad bonuses still count towards score?

It has made the leaderboards even more meaningless in many ways - did you get your points before or after they slashed them for members?

I suppose points gain over time has varied massively anyway, but it seems massively unnecessary.

Screen tells you your getting 4 times more points than you are today.
  11. westli

glad im not the only one seeing this xp problem
  12. leeharvey

also a member not getting double exp .. exp per hour looks like its not even adding member bonus as well .. was pretty disappointing.. guess that idea of unsubing seems like its gunna happen
  13. Lainne01

Just checked again as there was a patch and it's still not working.

Maybe naïve question but do the Devs ever look/respond on these forums? If so it would be nice to hear from one as we've missed out on the entire double exp weekend.
  14. WarmasterRaptor

These forums? Not as often as reddit. Or Twitter.
  15. Lainne01

I've nagged them a few times on Twitter with no response so I guess they aren't going to respond.
  16. Lainne01

Exp is back to normal so clearly the problem was caused by the double bonus weekend.
  17. westli

so we got a double helping of nothing hehe
    well done daybreak :mad:
    next time plsssssssssss do it right and give as the xp
  18. deathwish200k

ya well i wasnt even able to log in all weekend get any of that exp and today i still cant log into the game
  19. Lainne01

Spoke too soon it's not working today. Only getting base exp.
  20. Delburt

I also am have same issue . Only getting base exp. This started on 9/4 and still continues.