If you aren't going to nerf the VS LMGs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Sep 5, 2015.

1. khornedwarf

Faction traits were openly listed by SOE, and DBG has not listed a change.

TR = Larger magazine capacity on some TR specific weapons
    NC = 200 dmg profile on some NC specific weapons
    VS = No bullet drop on some VS specific weapons (VS weapons also used to do more damage close and bigger drop off at range)

.75 ads has never been a faction trait, ever. Argue all you want about its advantages/ disadvantages etc., but it is simply a lie and red herring to tout it as a faction trait.
    • Up x 2
  2. Scorpion97

And who the hell told you it's "not" a faction trait?
  3. Crayv

TLDR: It's because it is too good at too many things at once. Which is a lot of the weapons in the VS arsenal.
  4. MarkAntony

citation needed.
  5. Goretzu

Are you saying the 0.75 ADS = a 200/750 0.5ADS weapon?
  6. CMDante

MSW-R with .75ADS
    T-32 Bull with .75ADS
    Anchor with .75ADS
    EM1 with .75ADS

Then everyone gets two and we can all go back to just playing the game.

Or nerf the Orion and battlegoose to reflect the usefulness of .75.
  7. jmdafk

I dont think .75 ads is the issue either. The orion gets a lot of very, very desirable features.
    My feeling is it should keep .75 as the faction trait with no bullet drop BUT its accuracy for both ads and hipfire dropped to Carv levels and its magazine raised to 75 rounds.
    Lets face it, if the carv is as great as everyone makes out, this would be considered a buff. But id put money on nerf being cried...
  8. Ragnarox

hahaha no bullet drop hahahaha
    • Up x 1
  9. LegioX

All you people complaining about .075 need to get some skills. I have no issues fighting VS. NONE
  10. Isokon

Want an LMG that is as accurate as the Orion, but with a 100 round magazine? CARV
    Want an LMG that is more accurate than the Orion? MSW-R
  11. MikeyGeeMan

Your assuming the weapons are balanced as is. If Orion is truly op. Then only need to nerf it slightly. Removing .75 ads is no big deal as so many have said. So if removing it would provide balance why fight it.
  12. CMDante

Yeah, it's almost like the Orion is both of them duct taped together and given .75ADS
    Plus it recovers accuracy faster than the CARV and has better hipfire than the MSW, which is neat.
  13. Hatesphere

Orion actually sits in the middle between the carv and the MSW-r where recoil and accuracy is concerned. with the Orion actually having higher first shot recoil then then MSW-R (comparable to the Gauss saw first shot, making the Orion harder to burst fire) the MSW-R is definitely more accurate when ADS, though the Orion has a slightly better default hip fire last I checked (with the MSW-R being able to outclass it when both have their laser sight equipped). further more the MSW-R also gets one of the best CQC attachments in the game that Orion does not, SPA. Infact other then the .75 ads difference, then MSW-R is just as much a beast as the Orion.

see above. the MSW-R even preforms on the same level as the Orion in most situations. Its BR 100 stats even show that the MSW-R and Orion are pretty much neck in neck for aggregate performance concerning KPH and head shot rates in experienced BR100 players.

BR100 head shot rate between CQC LMGs of the same class (Anchor, MSW-r, Orion)
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=br100headshot_pct&weapon1=7254&weapon2=80&weapon3=7236

aggregate head shot rates

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=headshot_pct&weapon1=7254&weapon2=80&weapon3=7236

KPH

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=q4kph&weapon1=7254&weapon2=80&weapon3=7236

but whatever, its totaly that ,75 ADS Orion that is the root of all evil right?
  14. Isokon

Right, duct taped together but gets the small mag from the MSW-R and the larger starting CoF from the CARV.
    It recovers accuracy faster, but to make use of that you have to burst fire, where the higher FSRM hurts the Orion. It's a bit of a wash.
    Also, hipfire is just bad on LMGs in general.
    • Up x 1
  15. Takara

:eek:

Funny....you are the largest contributor!
    • Up x 2
  16. CMDante

Sure, but only by .05. The FSRM is only barely higher than the CARV and lower than the MSW-R's, again, the best of both worlds. Also you can't just discount of of the weapon's benefits, hipfire is perfectly viable on close-range LMGs and a leg up on it is always helpful.

My point here is that the VS starting gun for HA is an amalgam of both of the TR's best options in the same category with some extra goodies sprinkled on top, that doesn't make sense from a balance stand-point at all.

The usage stats of the Orion are also insane, it has 12,000 more kills and less than 200 more hours played than the CARV over the last 30 days. (the CARV being the next highest in kills)
  17. Chryvrius

Allow me to clarify from my under-educated and short sited thoughts but I believe the faction traits are
    TR: DAKKA
    NC: Shotguns & High DMG
    VS: High Accuracy & No/Low bullet drop with low muzzle velocity
    NS: .75 ADS with a mix of the other traits

Listen, I would love if they remade the orion into a more accurate precision weapon without bullet-drop without it having lightning strafes, hell It'd even give me a reason to make a vs alt and would be a lot more fun than what it is now.
  18. Hatesphere

if you want to bring up kills, TRs "best option in the same category" the MSW-R is preforming better, and the carv actually is very close to the orion.

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=q4kills&weapon1=7254&weapon2=80&weapon3=79

also you actually have to multiply that first shot recoil by the recoil values, not just look at it.
  19. Chryvrius

Hey, let me put in another stupid idea. What if engineers had LMG'S :D?
  20. CMDante

Fair enough.
    Any way you slice it, the Orion is too versatile. It's apparently the go-to choice for most every situation, which is bad from and internal balance point of view. So what about the Orion makes the VS spam it as hard as they possibly can?