The manticore is overpowered because of no bullet drop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Ballto21

if it does damage, it is overpowered according to forumside
  2. Ragnarox

Haha no wonder DBG don't like you TR guys, you are just plain trolls.
  3. Eternaloptimist

Oh dear, you had to mention the Orion didn't you.............................
  4. Horrida Messor

<Using Manticore now, tbh it sucks when compared to Beamer. But that's probably is a subjective thing.
  5. Jac70

I am BR100 and haven't unlocked it so that is a spurious argument. I have so far only Auraxiumed the Commissioner and have about 700 other pistol kills between the Beamer and the Spiker.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Ballto21 making crappy threads trying to distract & make fun of people calling out something fishy about VS.
  7. Stormsinger

I'm not going to interpret this data, or try to convince anyone of anything in this post - I just thought i'd leave this here... :

[IMG]
  8. Stormsinger

The VS's guns ARE fishy, just look at them - every single one looks like a frozen fish!
  9. Scr1nRusher

Frozen fish are more lethal then a spitfire.
    • Up x 1
  10. FateJH

Ballto's originally (normally?) a VS player. He's been taking a long hiatus to protest/avoid/use the Claymore.
    • Up x 1
  11. icon

Next up, how the VS NS-44 commish is OP compared to the TR and NC variants!
    paging Dr.Bazino...
  12. Stormsinger

For some reason, this gave me the idea of releasing a -S line of NS weapons for the Spitfire. Spitfire Kobalt, Spitfire Basalisk, Spitfire Fury... horribly nerfed, of course, but I like the idea of having an auto basalisk in a typical Sunderer spot - pair that with a spotter implant ... :p

Having a new Attachment for the -s line of guns seems like it would be a fun idea as well - Allow manual targetting while aiming down scope at a spotted unit.

Alternately, implement a line of certs for the Spitfire that allows it to shoot something other then underfilled paintballs.
  13. Hatesphere

This isn't Reddit he won't show up to claim the devs have been giving secreat buffs to VS NS weapons.

I loved his rant on the one extra frame of travle time in a video for the decimator, and how it magicly translates into a major volocoty buff for VS decimators. It was the only way his failing mind could explain why VS were doing better with an NS weapon.... Fun times.
  14. asmodraxus

Must be op as it has 0.75 ads AND no bullet drop, nerf it immediately, and it does equal damage to the Mag shot, that's not right needs a damage nerf as well.:eek:
  15. Ronin Oni

At least his crappy threads are intentional and funny...
    • Up x 1
  16. Ballto21

The deeper meaning here is if VS are over performing with a carbon copy (like the Beamer, manticore, most ns weapons) then it might, maybe, in some alternate universe, te vs might just have some better players/outfits. Or they use witchcraft and magic to over perform with the ns15, the commie, manticore, beamer, halbred (last i looked), and some misc snipers
  17. freeAmerish

Next one is VS Shotguns are overpowered because of no bullet drop.
  18. Stormsinger

I'm not sure if this is intended to be ironic, but it is. VS Shotguns were already nerfed into having bullet drop due to being able to 5-clip AFK people from high range when using slugs.

This was a while back, late 2013 / early 2014, I believe. The best part is that it took them quite a while to realize that they never buffed velocity to account for the lack of no-bullet-drop, and quite a while longer to actually fix it. :p
    • Up x 2
  19. asmodraxus

Nah next up is the VS BASR, clearly OP
  20. Casterbridge

Which NS weapons are they performing better with? Every time I look they are pretty much equal performance wise to the other factions.