2015 Update

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TataLebuj

SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! The FEELS!! THE FEELS!!!!!
  2. Kargul

So when is this coming out ? September ?
  3. MorneBot

Look i love this game and any changes well let see how it goes the only BIG BIG problem i have is DayBreak please will you get a server In South Africa.
  4. SArais

Eternal Crusade will squash PS2 like a bug, making it naught but a bad memory. leaving the original to prosper. VVH Planetside.

• Up x 1
  5. Crashsplash

This sentence I think will have some old-time ps1-ers scratching their heads.

I think what you're trying to say is we're not trying to bring the ps1 experience but we are trying to bring to ps2 (more) ways to create gameplay experiences through strategy. - and that's fine by me and in fact I think the sentiment will be fine to all old-time ps1 players.

Do you recall way back before beta and maybe before tech test when SOE pretty much soley communicated with players vu Planetside Universe? At that time I'd say around 95% of your audience was the old Planetside community. We all happily revived our outfits and did a lot of reaching out to 'fallen soldiers' (ie retired outfit mates). These would be outfits such as Devildogs, Vanu Conglomerate, Azure Twilight, Mercenarys, Red October, Better Red than Dead .... and I'll stop there, the list is long.

Anyway during that period, we were making suggestions and saying what we wanted, but all of our suggestions were based around our knowledge of PS1 likes and dislikes as you'd expect and then Higby said something like 'you know were not remaking ps1 we're reimagining it'.

We said sure sure, we understand. But fact was we didn't understand, we thought we did and we imagined certain differences but we didn't understand what you guys had in mind and for all the water that has passed under the bridge I'm still not sure we understand even now.

Now SOE may think that PS1 was a failure but many of it's players didn't and many miss it as it was (when it was populated). It would be a shame if the gaming industry as a whole has decided that a new version is too hard to create again.

Don't think I'm saying that I regret working to reactivate my outfit or regret the money I spent or whatever, I got my share of fun and it was all time/money well spent from my point of view (in fact I've recently spent on a couple of other games and no, not good).

But if a genie suddenly appeared and granted me one wish I'd wish that ps2 players would be lucky enough to experience a game just like Planetside as it was in it's pomp with the CR5's strategising and arguing and battle plans going wrong (and right) and outfits doing tactical gal drops and everyone working to either zero base one empire or working harder to avoid being zero based your self.

Good times, but gone seemingly forever.
    • Up x 6
  6. SArais

The biggest problem is the fact that they ARE dissing and tossing aside Planetside 1's experience, when the fact is, they should be AIMING and trying to BRING BACK that experience. It works several times better than the current formula. They need to look at PS1 as a guide, and not imagine it as a failure. WHY was it considered a failure? For all I've heard, it was the fact that SOE abandoned and ditched the game, doing nothing to resolve issues- The failure was on THEIR end. If a team was placed into it again and made to work on and update it again, it would NOT be a failure. Why is there a PLANETSIDE 2 if the original was a failure? I don't buy that.
    • Up x 7
  7. sebastian oscar post

wait was that a harmonica?
  8. sebastian oscar post

ok now you need to let the game pass through the firewall. if you have windows 10 do this: type control panel, click system and security, you will see windows firewall click allow an app through windows firewall, click change settings, click allow another app, find planetside oldschool and allow it.
    now share this with the community!
  9. PainInTheNack

Please Fix Paysafecard Payment :D
  10. Oberoth234

Well done Daybreak, well done.
    You showed us once more how much your customers can trust in you.
    19 days ago you announced an update that let some player hope that it can only become better after this last months of bugs, server problems and other ****, but again nothing happened except a small f**k of an update without patchnotes or anything else. So let´s face it : even if you are announcing something, the players can bet that it either would happen around 2020 or it will never happen. So thank you Daybreak for giving a f**k on your customers.
  11. sustainedfire

Except that game has not even alpha, and already taking people's money- and is all but canceled.

Was supposed to be like planetside, but now reduced to a round based call of duty turd.

If I bought / kickstarter into that game, I would be pissed.
  12. WarmasterRaptor

Only a few hours left for an "August" update lol.
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

Was gonna say lol.

And those LMG changes are still on the PTS..............
  14. Thnderzephyr

yeah but that would require a complete map rework to suit the new ant system otherwise there would be no space for the new structures and their viability in the game ''mechanics''
    I mean we can build stuff with the ant but we are more affective just jerging the enemy base
  15. Zok

well i feel like i know you now buddy, this is the first raw implement idea I have seen that reminds me of planetside, i would have sold my soul for an infinite subscription back then and would have burned in fictional hell in the after life screaming I STILL HAVE A PS SUBSCRIPTION MUAHAHAHAHA!

I already like you buddy. I think you deserve a raise for this! Hell yea the Advanced Nanite Transport was a hassle, but it was also a 24 hour job for people that could drive well. It also was beneficial to the faction and to the player working hard to give us the support we needed.

I would like to see bases have their own resource pool. That way when there was a stalemate, if the defending faction couldn't supply their base with more resources then they lost certain abilities like.. SCU/VEHICLE/TERMINAL access....

IT ALL IS MAKING SENSE TO THE PS2 DEV TEAM NOW OMFG!

also have to say this for a fun joke...

GIVE US SLIDING DOORS!!! AND REK UNITS!!!

jk you dont have to but if you are feeling ballsy i wouldnt mind not knowing what lies within a control console when breaching until the doors go ...ssssssssst zzzzzzzzzzzzzt!!! and open up to a room full of maxes and engineeers/coupld of medics...
    • Up x 1
  16. mikepurdy1234

my ANT ideas:

MAIN IDEA1 = Leveling up ANT gives you access to better/bigger buildings
    MAIN IDEA2 = can spawn an ANT from any vehicle terminal

1. pop an ANT from a vehicle terminal (no cost)
    2. resources located near heavily guarded wall (just like ps1) make it hard to get resources
    3. can only spawn 1 item from ANT once FULLY filled up. (maxed level gives you access to 2 buildings)
    4. drive to an AWESOME location. (that everyone in faction will love you for)
    5. deploy (becomes invisible) can access building terminal

entire faction can utilize building. (with squad use bonus)

ideas of buildings (from Playstation 3 game: Warhawk)
    A. bunker (3 levels, small=3man, medium=force fields, large=2 stories with jump pads)
    B. Sniper Tower (3 levels, small=2man, med=taller 3man, large=3 stories tall 4man)
    C. Wall/Roadblock (3 levels, small=invincible boxes, med=hard road blocks, large=wide bunker)
    D. Vehicle Terminal (air/land/infantry)

other ideas:
    E. Spawn tube (levels give you larger numbers of troops that can come from it or longer time limit)(invincible)
    F. random cloak bubble (levels give you larger bubble)(max size can cloak your Galaxy)
    G. directional jump pad (invincible safe landing anywhere, even if slammed into a tree)(levels give access to direction options)
    H. Spawn a Galaxy
    I. Simple 1 way force field (can shoot out but can't shoot in) (levels determine size, 2man...4man...8man)(doorway...vehicle)
    J. decoy (looks like a real person standing still)(levels determine how many you can place)
    K. simple Flag/Banner with your teams logo on it (just for looks and moral)
  17. Hawkin-

That sounds terribly boring.
  18. LOLdragon

GOD this toxicity is so thick you could cut it with a knife! Where the hell am I? Bungie's Destiny forums?
    Alright, maybe I'm just some jerk who's completely out of touch with reality, but I've loved the hell out of the 300+ hours of fun I've had with this game.
    In spite of it's problems, PlanetSide 2 remains the ONLY game online that gives a damn about teamwork and camaraderie. It delivers on the epic gameplay Battlefield has teased (but RARELY delivered) for years, with all the scale and complexity and emotional weight of an AAA single-player campaign.
    And for DayBreak Games to continue not only supporting but updating PlanetSide 2 (which most other producers and even developers would write off as "just another shooter") in spite of all the difficult developments they've undergone over the past year... my God... I can't express how much I appreciate all this support after so long. And I'm really offended that some people are so eager to bite the hand that feeds them.
    • Up x 3
  19. boothegoo

We need tunneling machines. Would be epic.
    • Up x 1
  20. Noooooch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.