New MBT Weapons ( Magrider + Vulcan = Scary! )

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by J.C Simonetti, Aug 26, 2015.

1. J.C Simonetti

I know, it's still a work in progress, but as far as this goes, the VS MBT/HRSR weapon reminds me of the Vulcan TR had back in early 2014, I believe. You know, the one that ripped Liberators apart with less than a clip for almost two months... Yea, well, that's the Magrider currently. You can drop 3 Maxes and 3 Infantry with 50 rounds, rip a Liberator with 20. it's already 6x better than the Vulcan.

NC's New Weapon seems pretty balanced for what its for, I think. It's going to be way too easy to farm infantry. But we'll see.

TR's New Weapon already annoyed me. But wait, have you seen those big splash craters it leaves on the ground? Yet, for some odd reason, it has ZERO splash damage to infantry... I hope it's a bug. Tell me its a bug. Also, it's very weak against infantry. 6 'rockets' to kill, really? Now the shell speed, it seems too slow, can you imagine doing this from afar?

All hail the future MISSES!

One thing I really like about these new weapons, though, are the designs. Especially TR's. Well done!
  2. WetPatch

Saron and Enforcer have the same splash as the new TR weapon.

Also the Vulcan does more damage than the VXE, combined with the prowler is does a crap load more dps.
  3. Steza

Thought the three new MBT/Harasser weapons were supposed to be Long range AV for TR and short range AV for NC and VS splash wouldn't make much sense for a AV weapon going up against a infantry
  4. xSalt

Here are my test stats on the Vulcan harasser vs the VS new Vulcan equivalent on the harasser.

TR Vulcan AV Weapon: 1 round per shot, 90 round magazine, full auto
    TTK on Max, 10m Range: 3.6 seconds ( Approximately 40 rounds/shots)
    TTK on Vanguard, Rear Armor, 10m range: 5.76 seconds (approximately 75 rounds/shots)
    TTK on Harasser, Rear Armor, 10m range: 4.6 seconds ( approximately 50 rounds/shots)
    TTK on Infantry, 10m range: 1.5 seconds (approximately 7 shots, much more at full auto though, roughly 20)

NC AV Weapon: 4 rounds per shot, 40 round clip.
    TTK on max at 10m range : 4.21 secs (4 bursts/shots)
    TTK on Vanguard, Rear armor, 10m range: 6.76 seconds (28 rounds, 7 bursts/shots)
    TTK Harasser, Rear armor, 10m range: 4.56 seconds (12 rounds, 4 bursts/shots)
    TTK on Infantry, 10m range: 1.78 seconds vs unshielded heavy (8 rounds, 2 shots/bursts)

VS Close Range AV weapon: 50 round magazine, full auto
    TTK on max, 10m range: 3.4 seconds ( approximately 14 rounds/shots)
    TTK on vanguard, rear armor, 10m range: 6.2 seconds (approximately 35 rounds/shots)
    TTK on Harasser, rear armor, 10m range: 5.09 seconds (approximately 30 rounds/shots)
    TTK on Infantry, 10m range: 1.5 seconds (approximately 6 rounds/shots)

While I think the visual design of this weapon is great. You lose points for making a straight up Vulcan clone. It's cof, clip size, wind up, projectile velocity, and projectile animation are practically identical to the Vulcan as it was on release. It's fire rate is slower, but that, and the visual of the weapon are the only differences. I was expecting something cool and distinctly "Vanu" as far as projectiles go, what I got shoots Beamer rounds as far as looks go.

Looking at the TTK data of all three new weapons, they seem fairly balanced with each other, while the Vulcan still retains some edge, as it should. It's not enough of an edge to be considered OP compared to the others, imo, but does still keep its title belt of close range armor melter, as it should. Though I agree with the OP, the new long range AV weapon for TR needs some tweaks, TTK wise, it's decent compared with Saron/enforcer, but it takes an extreme number of hits to kill, imo, either the projectile velocity, or projectile damage needs to be looked at and tweaked a bit. Not a lot, but some slight adjustments are necessary I feel.

TR AV Weapon ; 1 round per shot, 20 round clip
    TTK on Max at 10m range: 6.6 seconds (17 rounds/shots)
    TTK on Vanguard, Rear Armor, 10m Range: 11.4 seconds (25 rounds/shots)
    TTK on Harasser, Rear Armor, 10m range: 6.5 seconds (17 rounds/shots)
    TTK on Infantry. 10m range 3.3 seconds (7 rounds/shots)

Just my 2 cents, take it as you will.
    • Up x 2
  5. Jac70

IMO the secondary weapons on MBTs do too much damage to other armour. An MBT can practically OHK a Lightning. In fact if you are in a Lightning and you enter the same hex as an MBT the only thing you can do is hit reverse and hope it hasn't seen you.
  6. TerminalT6

Just wondering, when testing the VS AV, the Aphelion, did you hold down the trigger or use its 8-round-build-up-wave-shot mechanic?
  7. TheRunDown

What's the bullet Velocity or the Vulcan and Aphelion?
    The Vulcan can't hit moving air craft as the bullet velocity is too slow.. can the Aphelion?
    I'd like to remind people Stats on paper are handy, but TTKs and RoF don't make a difference when in actual practice, it's who can land the most shots and who can land the most shots reliably by % of ammo.. (Just like how the MBT vs MBT Stats are BS because most of the Prowlers Killers come from empty or driverless targets kills that can't be filtered out of the stats)

If a weapon had a 1000RPM RoF and had 90 Bullets and another weapon has 750RPM and a 50 mag..
    The 1000RPM weapon would be worse or the same as the 750RPM weapon, but if the 1000RPM has a terrible CoF bloom, huge bullet drop and slow bullet velocity.. and would probably lose to the 750RPM Weapon because it can work at longer range, and land more hits, and has a faster bullet velocity and no bullet drop..

Basically giving the VS a better Vulcan because they lack the imagination to make new things?

It's just like the ES MAX abilties all over again.. Hmm what to give VS? more RoF? Nah thats a TR thing.. what about more RoF and without the anchoring? That's a fantastic idea, and while were at it, lets make the TR weapons weaker and give them more bullets and mag size..

My left nut as a TR is getting petty sore from all these VS Devs kicking us in the left testicle every time a new weapon comes out..
    • Up x 1
  8. Smoo

You're talking about bullets-to-kill. This is unimportant. TR shoot more bullets, which do less damage. You can't have NC bullets at a TR fire rate, sorry.

TIME to kill? Kills per hour? THAT is what is important.
  9. Hotsix

The elevation on the new TR long range weapon is way high. I would consider lowering it to the elevation of the NC/VS equivalent. The way it is now the TR won't need AA as the prowlers will provide their own.
  10. TheRunDown

The TTK of the new Aphelion is half that of the Vulcan.
    It even has the same spin up time, I'm hoping the Aphelion and it's characteristics are just stock for now.
    It's a bit of a joke if TRs Vulcan is copied, and TRs new AV weapon has the lowest of all all the AV weapons, regardless of range..

What happened to this?
    [IMG]
    This totally looks like a Rail Cannon, but they ended up with a Man Eating Cannon of Death.. which still has just as high TTK as the Vulcan.. I ultimately believe the NCs weapon will be the best Anti Harasser weapon, unless that is just broken concept stock damages..

Leaving TR with now two totally S*%$ weapons, undermining TR once again.. but basically given everyone TRs stuff. I think it's time TR MAXs got their Overdrive don't you think?
    Kinda getting sick of the Devs F*%&ing the TR over every content update..

No one was ever happen with the Striker, now that's going to be copied and given to everyone..
    The Fractures were good when they came out, and people complained about our only Long range weapon.
    People have complained about the Vulcan since it came out, they changed it no end of times to try make everyone happy, but ultimately all the complains were nothing except ForumSiding to take the only good thing TR had going for them.
    Now the Vulcan has basically been copied with a different look and sound, but nothing short of the SAME WEAPON..

It's a huge joke, and every time someone makes a point and trys to speak out, they get shut down.
    Like in another post, I saw a TR make a completely valid point but three people turned on him and compared his KD on his profile and tried to make out his opinion meant nothing because he didn't have positive KD. Absolutely sickening the attitude people have on here towards TR players.
    • Up x 2
  11. KXOPH

Do not even try, developers have hammered the fact that such a rail gun, I think they even do not know it simply means that the rail gun. At the moment, new weapons NC Not under any pretext will not be able to be competitive volcano TP and "Aphellion" the sun alone to "Harasser" although tanks is too little of a show, and it seems very few people know about the feature "Aphellion" which makes it easy for any distance destroy targets without losing damage ... Only in one case, it can be able to do if you come back to this ...
    [IMG]
  12. ObsidianRus

Made a commment on new weapons thread in "in development" section and i will copy it here. Hope dies last as we russians say.

“Its not exacly a NS weapon, that i agree ..
    But the gatekeepr for instance is a great addition for TR , its better than the Enforcer and Saron ..”
    How come it is better? Saron has a formidable dps both in close and from afar. It has a decent alpha and an ability to quickly discharge most of its ammo onto enemy. Wich makes it almost ideal hit and run weapon and allows it to defend vehicle against infantry.
    Enforcer - accurate, very good alpha, very good dps. Ideal long range weapon. Also can be used to snipe infantry even better than saron at long ranges. though worse in close.
    Now gatekeeper. Not that good dps for such weapon type. As all weapons with even rate of fire (not burst) and low alpha requires a constant hold of the crosshair on target wich requires alot more skill from the gunner than larger alpha weapons. More to that during maneuvers (like most of Harasser combat is like) you rarly have an ability to throw shots continiously on your target without any disturbance or pause (Target maneuvers, your evasive maneuvers, obstacles) wich makes larger alpha weapon make MORE dps on practice even if theoretical dps of such weapon is lesser. So gatekeeper is awful both for hit and run and for maneuver combat. It is not vulcan - it has not enough damage to jsut stand and shoot.
    Btw that is the reason why new nc close weapon will be better than vulcan (burst). Than and ability to 2shot infantry.
    Speaking of wich gatekeeper is Nanites in that department also. One might say that it;s not supposed to be since it's an av weapon, but this is an actual gameplay moment and vehicle has to fefend itself against footmen. both Saron and Enforcer are really better in this both at range and in close.
    Earlier vuklcan was a balance to that, but since devs made all harasser weapons close ranged obviously vulcan as a meant for close range weapon gains an edge. Whine occurs and now we have new ES weapons with vulcan pattern damage. Both will be better than vulcan, NC because of high alpha and comparable dps (see above) and probably better range (with some skill) As for vs... Aphelion: same story - a bit more alpha combined with supreme accuracy = better vulcan even if in theory vulcan has more dps.
    And TR... gets another fracture, wich is the most ****** max av weapon, only usable in lockdown against unsuspecting vehicles. Try to bring it into a max or any other mobile fight, against infantry and compare the results with other max av weapons.
    Btw those are not just theory, I have a harasser master directive completed, I'm both a driver and a gunner for those. So as from what i see now Dearest Republic are getting shafted for yet another time, and i doubt it will be properly fixed as with striker. Neither will be fixed other empires weapons as story with "lmg tuning" shows. As soon as whine (vs in that case) takes cosmic poroprtions, all statistics, both from live and from server smash, logic, suggestions from players etc are going down the drain. No willpower at all. i'm tired of this ****. A little bit more and i think i will finally get enough. Maybe this ES "vulcan weapon pattern" **** will be the last drop.

PS: people, seriously you don;t have any interesting ideas? Why not make gatekeeper a burst weapon dor instance? Burst, change of barrel, burst, change of barrel etc. Better hit and run, better antiinfantry, better maneuver combat... Better damage distribution (better in close, a bit lesser from afar as you will not hit with all burst at longer ranges) Why continiously make harder to use than others ****** weapons for TR? In this case also with crapy dps even on paper.. I really don't understand all this
  13. TheRunDown

I'd just like to make point here..
    Yes the gatekeeper and Mjolnirr both do more damage than the Aphelion, but the point is, the Aphelion is the Vulcan, in fact it has the same TTK as the Vulcan and does it with less dammo.. meaning the Aphelion is a superior weapon to the Vulcan as the Vulcan does less damage per shot and need to land more consistent hits.

So unless the Vulcan is getting a change, this is taking the piss, giving us the Gatekeeper which does more damage than the Vulcan and has a high TTK doesn't mean anything when that too is relies on the gunner to land "CONSISTENT" hits.. TR getting shafted by clone weapons.

Ohh and the Velocity of the Gate Keeper is absolutely a joke! what's the point of giving us that range, when you can run faster than the rockets travel? incredibility easy to dodge.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheRunDown

• Up x 2
  15. WarmasterRaptor

They all look pretty close to each other to me!

Unless I'm missing something here?
  16. TheRunDown

Again, the TTKs are quite irrelevant when put in to practice, it only shows they have the same damage in the same time but excel in different scenarios.

The Aphelion is "exactly" the same as the Vulcan in characteristics and performance in every situation.
    The only difference is the Damage per bullet a slight reload time, in theory the Aphelion should work better than the Vulcan outside of the first 400 meters due to the Vulcan needing almost double the hit ratio to keep up.

The Gatekeepers projectile speed needs to be improved if it's going to function as a long range weapon, which it's clearly described as.
    • Up x 2
  17. Garmag

The gatekeeper feels weak compared to the other additions. A small boost to RoF would be welcome.
    But as it had been said before, what is a shame is that all TR specific things are disappearing. The vulcan was a TR symbol, a weapon with which a skilled pilot would shine. Well, know what ? Let's give it to all the other factions ! The striker, TR specific launcher (that is crapy, but well), let's make a (possibly better or worse, not tested it) NS weapon, Striker for everyone ! yeah ! Hm ? What ? The banshee can kill things ? Nerf it. What ? Xam anchor mode is suicide ? Play a bit with anchor time, but let it be. Oh, and let's give the vanuu weapon a very cool vanuu feeling with the charged residual shot, that's nice. The butcher, lots of useless ammo. Betelgueuse ? Oh, a very nice cooldown infinite ammo system, very vanuu and cool (and I do think it is cool and unique). For TR ? yeah well, more bullets, that will make them shut up. Oh and give them a nerfed saron with monstrously slow rockets.
    Ants and stuff are nice updates because it will (i'm sure) produce new ways of playing. But those new weapons ? It's just giving TR gameplay to all other factions. And for long distances, we already have a weapon named halberd.
    My point is, instead of copying and giving away empire specific gameplay, do like what you're doing with vanuu weapons : a unique system to each empire. Can't you think of a heat mechanic and charged shot equivalent for RT and NC ? Instead of just stuffing more bullets in our clips ?
    Because I think vanuu weapons are cool and have this little vanuu specific mechanic. I wish we could have an equivalent specific mechanic that would make our (NC and TR) weapons feel "unique".(the vulcan, until now, was kinda the only unique RT weapon that could not be remotely found in other empires. A tank minigun that tear through armor ? Awesome. But now it's no longer unique).

PS: actually there is a thread about new mechanics on auraxium weapons that have interesting ideas.
    • Up x 1
  18. Garmag

Sorry for double post. Just saying I'm still grateful for new content.
  19. TheRunDown

I wonder if any Devs read this stuff..
    I know I'm coming off salty, but stuff like this shouldn't happen, and I can't be arsed to make a Reddit account just to make a point..
  20. M@uricio

I don't know about Vanu new weapons, but i can tell you that Vanguards are nightmares, they can destroy a Mag with 3 shoots!! and their shield makes it impossible to kill...
    Mag and Prowler's armors are way weaker than Vanguard one...