So, when are you Dev gonna hit LMG tuning on live server?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NCstandsforNukaCola, Aug 31, 2015.

1. ATRA_Wampa-One

Nahh, the BG does need to be toned down a bit while the Butcher needs to get buffed. The GODSAW is about the level I would tune the directive LMG's to if you want a good performance reference.

Like for real, the BG is OP on live at the moment.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scorpion97

I admit that the BG is a very high performing weapon but since it was INTENDED to reach that level because it's an AURAXIUM LMG,how much time did you spend to auraxium 5 LMGs??

And of course I see that the butcher need to be greatly improved to compete more with the betelgeuse but that doesn't mean to nerf a weapon that I achieved with my sweat!
  3. SwornJupiter

So by your logic...
    Rate of fire isnt your faction trait.
    The devs should do the community justice and reduce orion/betelgeuse fire rates to around 630-650...
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

What????

Auraxium Weapons are supposed to be sidegrades.
    • Up x 2
  5. Scorpion97

A much better option is to increase the RoF of the carv/butcher or turn them into torq style
  6. Imp C Bravo

Are they? I was under the impression that they were to be slight upgrades?
  7. Imp C Bravo

8. Naphemil

proof? You have none, this is merely an opinion by a troll, nothing to see here folks!
  9. HerpTheDerp

So basically, you have these changes ready to go at any time - no further testing necessary, no risk of buggery(it's just some gun stat changes FFS), they've been cooking on the PTS for months and the community response was overwhelmingly positive(at least for the first iteration) - perhaps most positive of all the game changes you've ever done...

But you won't release them. Because they "aren't on the immediate Roadmap".

Christ, sometimes I wish for another Great Depression just to purge companies like yours.
  10. FateJH

Originally, the Auraxium weapons were basic rehashes of weapons from their category with fixed attachments or inheritted benefits from invisible attachments. That alone is a sidegrade-ish state of being. The Betelgeuse was no different at that point.

As this is rather boring, however, players asked for something a bit more distinct. The only weapons that received a distinction beyond what was typical were some of the VS weapons, with the Heat Ammo mechanic. (The Directive were introduced in the 5 August 2014 update, and Heat was added to the Betelguese in the 30 August 2014 update.) That alone, however, does not promote them from their sidegrade origins and the Betelgeuse is one of the few Directive weapons that is exceeding the performance of its category as far as I am aware.
  11. Stormsinger

Based on kills, from the stats page http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/
    Prowler AP gun is performing 31.5% better then the Magrider AP gun.
    Harasser Vulcan-H is performing 55% better then the Saron-H
    Harasser Marauder-H is performing 81% better then the PPA-H

These are just a few examples, of course - but by the logic of "This is performing x% better then this" I can see a few things that need attention.

Given the goal of asymmetrical balance - where would you prefer the VS advantage be? From the above, it appears as though the TR has a few advantages of it's own.

Edit for a bit more info:
    I just did another quick skim through of the various stats pages - the VS has a few advantages, such as the Magrider's Saron, the default max AI, and the Orion. That's... really it - the TR has a number of advantages above the VS beyond that.

The top consistent performer is the NC, interestingly enough. They have one or more in the top 2 slots in more places then I expected.
  12. Scorpion97

Well,I believe they can add something unique for the other auraxium LMGs as well or maybe they deserve a major buff
  13. Ragnarox

Based on kills, from the stats page http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/
    Prowler AP gun is performing 31.5% better then the Magrider AP gun.
    Harasser Vulcan-H is performing 55% better then the Saron-H
    Harasser Marauder-H is performing 81% better then the PPA-H

This need to be NERFED hard like ZOE. I advice DBG to investigate and nerf those weapons because they are OP in every way. (just using TR logic)
  14. Naphemil

Like I said, opinions. What you find to be bad may in fact be good. It's a different weapon ya know.