What is up with deploying to the wrong continent?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HateHoppersWJetpacks, Aug 29, 2015.

1. HateHoppersWJetpacks

It's really grating on me that trying to deploy around the map has suddenly become a game of roulette, where there's always a chance I would end up on a different continent's warpgate instead of on the base point or the sundy I double clicked on...

You guys introduced some ways to try to cut down on zerging, which I applaud the idea and effort. But in doing so, it's made it so players have to 'lattice jump'. Which I say... Okay fair, that'll at least make it take a bit longer for people to jump in from the opposite side of the map.

But do you have any idea how frustrating it is when you're almost at the point you want to be at and then BOOM, you're suddenly at the warpgate of the wrong continent? Not only do you risk having to queue back up to return during an alert. But then you waste some more time trying to get back there from the warpgate which is further away.. Stop this madness!
  2. Unadude

I think someone else posted a reason for this.

They said that most likely what happened is you were in a map looking at a different continent and then went back looking at the current continent you were on but somehow some of the previous continent's way points remained active on the current map and & it transported you to one of these still current way points, which happen to actually be on a different continent.

I am no sure if this is actually when happened to you or not.

I had an instance a few weeks back where I was transported to a different continent after I died and didn't have a clue how I got there. I am not sure if I had been looking through the maps or not.

Seems to be a recurring problem with many players, though.
  3. SnipeGrzywa

Couple reason's this could be happening.

First, is your SL on a different continent? The game tries to auto put you on the same continent as them, as the spawn options depend on where he is.

Second, are you using Instant Action at all? If so, stop. Mostly this only happens if the continent you are on is population locked, but have since it at other times. The IA que is bugged, and doesn't take into account that you are already on the continent and so should skip the que check.

Lastly, I have heard people say they get sent to the wrong place, which usually happens when they are using the spawn lists. Like the guy above me stated, sometimes the lists get mixed up, and since the auto sort, if your SL moves hexes it can throw off the whole list, and so you click on the wrong one. I highly suggest you ALWAYS click the icon on the map, instead of using the list.
  4. Lord Blackadder

Yeah, that was me. :)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ween-servers-on-redeploy.231579/#post-3255710

It's quite easy to select a spawn point that's not supposed to be visible on a certain continent when you're not looking at the name of the base/spawn point.

But I also remember being spawned at a random base (not sure if it was intercontinental) when trying to spawn in a squad/platoon Galaxy a couple of times.
  5. user101

Yup had this happen to me also. going to a warpgate...
  6. HateHoppersWJetpacks

When I'm lattice hopping, I don't look at another map since the purpose is to get across the same map as fast as possible. But I have seen that issue where points are shown from a different continent than what you're looking at. That should be fixed too, but that's a different complaint.

This happens when I'm with squads on the same continent. As far as I can tell, the SL was not in the wrong continent. I never use Instant Action for lattice hopping. Because it may not go where I want to go. So I manually go to Maps, and double click on the base spawn green circle closest to where I want to go or friendly Sundy.

I also don't use the spawn list. Because again, it's easier to just select the base closest to where I want to go on the map.

I've only begain seeing this issue more frequently ever since they spawn adjustments. Now base spawns will appear and then suddenly disappear (as someone else spawns there a push base pop to 50% friendlies). Or a Sundy that gets destroyed just as you click on it to spawn. But those things used to take you to the warpgate of the same continent. Which is still bad, but not as bad as another continent entirely.. Is it too much to ask, to just transport you to the closest base instead? Or just asks you to pick a spawn again. Because I guarantee that will waste less time.