[Suggestion] Godsaw, Butcher and Betelgeuse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Collin, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Collin

Well first i think the Betel is so far gone it needs to be toned down at least the heat mechanic fixed to you need to hold it so it cools. The butcher and Godsaw are not only meh they are need to be upped by a lot to meet the betel.

How about this give the butcher and godsaw 0.75 and butcher beltfeed the godsaw maybe an attached 3 shot jackhammer.
  2. Stainlesssteel

The main problem with the weapon system is ...the more experienced a player is,the more he is aiming for the head!
    Weapons with pure dmg or accuracy have a real big advantage in a game with headshots !
    A RoF weapon is only than useful when the RoF and spray is so high, that u score headshots by accident!
    Since that happened with the MCG very often they changed the Headshot multiplyer for the MCG...
    (Remove Headshots for Carbine/Assault R./LMG from the Game and it gets more balanced)

And the Butcher holy **** is that weapon garbage ..i dont know who of the SOE/DBG came up with that Gun ..but the guy has issues!
    When i first got it i thought its cool..but than i quickly realized that the weapon is only acceptable NOT useful , when u have some sort of advantage!
    They should add an "kick" mechanic..everyone who gets killed by the gun,gets autokicked from game because he obviusly must be afk!
    From the 2 Weapon Models for TR in game they had to use the extreme ugly mechanic-***** looking model insted of the other ..or even OMG..create a awsome new model for it (All factions)
    VS (of course) and NC get an improved version of a handsome gun they already had..TR get a new weapon thats the worst of em all...CARV CARV..its never ever a carv ..i can control a carv, a carv has some accuracy.... the butcher has nothing in common with a carv or is even better than it... (proof that the in game stats are lie)
    Ah..i stop here i get to much P***** of the weapon and it obvius flaws ...
  3. CrushingThunder

Why should the Godsaw and Butcher get a buff? so VS doesn't lose their K/D pumping and farming star weapon?

IMO, the faction traits should remain, but removing those stats that makes it similar to the butcher, Damage profile, RoF and maybe tweak the proyectile speed.
  4. CrushingThunder

Exactly what i think, not having a bullet drop and low recoil allows for players with good aim to win everytime against a player with less experience.
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

Lots of misinformation in this thread, so lets dispel some of it.

#1: The MSW-R is not an inferior Orion. The Orion is closer to a 50 round CARV with 0.75 ADS while the MSW-R is a high dakka low damage Anchor.

#2: The Orion isn't inherently accurate. I'm sure you've all been killed by a HA sperg that chain head shot you with the Orion and you think it's the gun that was accurate, but it wasn't the weapon it was the player.

#3: The Betelgeuse is over performing. I have it, I have it auraxed and I can easily say it's over performing. The GODSAW IMO is in a great place so that's really what the benchmark should be performance wise on how to tune the directive LMG's. That means the Betel should get nerfed and the Butcher buffed.

Ok so nerfs and buffs.

Betel: 40-45 rounds max before it overheats. Slower heat dissipation.

Butcher: Ok, not more lethal but more accurate. 0.35 moving ADS COF (same as MSW-R) gets advanced grip, laser, and SPA for free. Doesn't get an extended magazine.
    • Up x 1
  6. Call-Me-Kenneth

the problem with the BG is the heat mechanic, its a direct advantage to the gun that its not reflected on its stats. the thing is, if they do reflect it then the gun will suck. so the question is why is it even there? because its "cool"? that's an awful way to balance...

if the gun had a load like every other gun then it would back in line.

don't get me wrong, at the play level most people who complain play, that load mechanic is a nuisance. the owner of the gun would have killed you anyway. but as soon as you get to the point where players start to properly fight over lane control instead of just running around aimless, then the BG shows is absolute supremacy. there's no downtime when all you need is micro bursting heads. and even if you outplay a BG user, he will be back on the lane before you do. anyone who done some real HA play will confirm this, fighting over a fire lane with a VS bg user is a losing battle.

even an equally skilled player will be at a disadvantage, the gun offers two traits with no drawbacks!. not only that, but the traits it gets are completely op on lane control. how is a HA supposed to engage a Vs HA? at CqC the BG is phenomenal. at range thanks to .75, great control and infinite ammo the gun is objectively better than any other gun on the battlefield. not even vehicle AI guns can match it!

BTW, the BG is performing better than most guns, that's the problem. the fact that its outperforming the other directive guns is anecdotal at best.

directive guns are NOT supposed to be the BEST guns. so buffing the godsaw and the butcher is just silly, remove the downtime advantage, and its done. even the .75 ADS can stay, so long as it still stays on the orion... so long as it stays on the orion. ;)
  7. Asageh

The Butcher is getting 29 extra RPM making it's total RPM 779rpm, it's on the PTS atm.

Don't bother tho, this game blows anyways.
  8. Collin

LMG changes are not coming so we are fcked i guess