snipers should be 1 hit kill..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wetto, Aug 26, 2015.

1. UberNoob1337101

No.

If you don't put effort into your kill or if your opponent didn't do something exceptionally stupid, you don't deserve the super frustrating OHK.

Even after I took a huge amount of breaks from the game, I still snipe no problem, even getting headshots on moving targets easily.

TL : DR ; Mad cuz bad.
  2. FieldMarshall

Introducing the new rising star of starting complain threads
    • Up x 1
  3. IronMouse

Aww...
  4. IronMouse

I thank you for your upvote support. I will take this opportunity and upvote you back, for I respect your ability to recognize my determination, energy and my wise words of ultimate truth.
    • Up x 1
  5. Stainlesssteel

Snipers are OK in their current form...the only thing i would change is reducing the bullet drop >OR< increase the bullet velocity!

In my army duty i learned too that not liking snipers is a normal feeling..in real war times snipers where the most feared and hated Units of all .
    But mostly because they have been trained to wound individuals so his mates come to help and get shot too..thoose surviving a sniper attack even only as a witness of the scene, are affacted for life
  6. IronMouse

Real wars, besides the unfortunate fact that they even exist, don't try to be fun. Video games are all about fun, on the other hand.
  7. Meeka

The reason why it's a pain is because you haven't yet learned to be a sniper. To be a successful sniper in PS2 is not about hiding in a hill at a distant location. Sure, it'll help you learn aim, but it isn't getting you kills very fast.

I'm a bit of an expert sniper, so here's some advice: Don't use a suppressor at range, the suppressor is best used in close combat or when you're in an obscure location when stealth and covert is an absolute must. Sure, you CAN use it at range, but it's a really bad idea.

Reasons not to use a suppressor at range:
    1. If an enemy is close enough to you, they're going to hear your bolt action regardless if they see your dot or not. You're pretty much alone in the hills, you're easy to track by sound, they don't need your dot. If you're far enough away, without a suppressor, nobody is going to see your dot anyway.
    2. Any person you've killed already knows where you are thanks to PS2 (your killer is located here arrow), and they're going to come looking for you. As soon as an unlucky sniper kills me... 99% of the time, they are dead as soon as I revive and return the favour with my Moonshot because the game told me right where they are. :)
    3. You've already been spotted by someone else on the ground, regardless, they know where you are anyway.
    4. After gaining a couple kills, you should be moving to a new location unless you're a good enough CQC Infil to hold your ground (this takes practice). You need to have awareness of whose around you while sniping, not just focusing down the sights.

I would only use a suppressor when sniping from within enemy lines and at less than 100m... anything above that, forget it, it's just slowing you down and reducing your performance.

If you want to kill faster and become a better sniper and learn better aim; get into the fight, snipe at close range. In a single game session of 1-2 hours, I can usually net between 100-200 kills, and I almost strictly play Infil with bolt actions/semi-autos. That sitting on the hill top trying to get kills is for those who haven't learned to be effective snipers yet.
  8. customer548

The art of sniping has the same rules as the Ninjas' combat art. :eek:
    " The more you'll know about it, the closer you'll come to your targets." :eek::eek::eek:

I remember having "fun" with long range sniping when I started to play this game.
    But smgs,scout rifles and x1.34 bolt action rifles are way more fun and effective to use than the x6 or x12 sniping rifles. Medium and close gameplays are way more fun and profitable than a long range gameplay only.

About long range sniping :
    Always aim for the head. Forget about any supressor, it will slow down your bullets and affect your damages.
    You have to move from locations to locations. A sniper standing in the same location during a long time can easily be killed.
    Always have a plan to escape...hum sorry...a plan "to retreat" (sounds more professional) when you start to fire.
    Headshoting running targets requires a good connection, and practice. It's all about your ping, bullet velocity of the rifle you choosed to use, and practice.

Come closer, you'll have more fun.
  9. Scatterblak

^^^ This. I'd love love love to see sniper rifles buffed a little, but I can live with them where they are. I'm a career inf - about 50%/50% cqc or sniping, depending on what's going to benefit my squads current goals. Re: '2 hit people is a pain' - it is. If you're going to pull the trigger, you should be taking a headshot. If your target is fairly far afield, or you're still ranging and you can expect the first one of two shots to miss high or low, pick a target with no near cover. Rifle choice is also a factor - if you're Vanu, the Parallax VX3 with the supercolled coil will let you chamber a round while zoomed - if you're in a great spot, you can kill 2 or 3 enemies with headshots in one breath. Re: " reveal your location via the bullet trail" - if you're within a couple of hundred yards, move *every* *time* you shoot. Pick a spot with only one way to get to it (if possible) and drop an AP mine. IMHO, tho, the best way to snipe effectively is to leverage the distance. What works for me is to use a 12x scope and move out to where it's just not worth coming after me. After you drop someone three or for times from really far away, they'll might get angry and come out to kill you, but you can usually depend on them to make a mistake at that point. Re: supressors - don't use them. They work - some - but the ROI on not showing up is more than offset by reduced effectiveness, particularly at range.

Good formula -- get the best snipe rifle for your empire, put the longest scope on it that you can, and move around. Take *no* chances - don't even stick your head up unless you're cloaked, and stay far enough back that it's not worth the enemy's time to come after you. If they have a fairly big group, chances are that whoever you killed will spawn, remember where you were, and just avoid the area where you killed him, as opposed to chasing after a sniper who's hundreds of yards away and might kill him again on approach.
  10. Scatterblak

...I like 'Advance to the rear'. :)
  11. Dgross

Infiltrators have cloak for a reason.
    Cloak, line up shot, uncloak, HS, cloak.
  12. Devilllike

my character name is Cprbryan go look it up
  13. Alan Kalane

Practice, practice practice.
    With practice everything becomes possible. I can reliably kill running enemies before they reach cover. Got a 73 killstreak in a single battle on Indar(less than 10 minutes). Can reliably get 30-50 killstreaks in one battle.
    I have a special technique I call "dancing with the bullets":

1. Screw sneaking. Find a good position and don't be afraid to take a shot. Multiple if you have to.
    2. After each shot engage your cloaking device and run like crazy in some random direction until you finish rechambering. This way you will never get countersniped.
    3. Suddenly stop, aim, decloak and take a shot. Should take you 1-3 seconds. Repeat until you run dry.
    4. While reloading you should disengage your cloak and hide behind some cover. Alternatively if there's no good cover you can just keep running like in step 2 but without cloak. Don't worry, if you're far enough nobody will hit you anyway.

When you're good enough a sniper rifle becomes the best weapon for soloing as you can reliably kill your opponents (even the running ones) without wasting time for respawning and get a nice killstreak bonus too.