[Suggestion] Striker 3.0

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SW0V, Aug 24, 2015.

1. SW0V

Hey devs,

You guys said that you were going to be monitoring the Strikers performance after the changes you made and if it needed further adjusting you would look at it further...

Well...
    [IMG]

I think it's safe to say that you need to look at it some more.
  2. HmmOkay

Well, you're third in line, right after ZOE and PPA :)

Jokes aside, yes please. Only thing striker can do is decent damage to esf hovering ~20m above base.
  3. Stainlesssteel

But thats is the way how you balance theese days... u dont know how to make the striker equally strong to other ES AV weapons so your release the original one ..reskinned as a NS weapon! (swarm)
    So everybody gets their cheap balance solution ! and you maybe can do some money with it too because it is new!
    Also "swarm" ...when i read "swarm" in association with a AV weapon i think of some sort of Weapon that bursts out some projectiles ..many little rockets for example that fly like a swarm into designated area and than auto lock on every target in range to hit ....oh wait exept of the swarming rockets...its the striker...
    Ahh i understand now...Striker get renamed to TR-Swarm and Swarm becomes NS-Striker ..balance issue solved and the names fit more properly too!
    Can i have a job now DBG ? :p
  4. omegaskorpion

"You are hired, come to our office next day so we can discuss how we will bring back the old ZOE as new NS ability for all factions..."
  5. SW0V

You joke, but I've heard rumors that the MAX's charge ability was initially planned to be the VS ES MAX ability.
    • Up x 1
  6. SW0V

I donno, ZOE and PPA were broken more recently. The Striker has been unusable for almost 2 years now. It should be looked at first considering this most recent buff was supposed to fix it, but didn't.
  7. Demigan

Nobody notices that he's using KPH and not vehicle KPH?

I checked, with Vehicle KPH the Striker is still behind, but somewhat closer to the Phoenix (and both are almost eclipsed by the Lancer).
    With aircraft KPH the Striker is the highest and a great deal better than the Phoenix or Lancer... but the stats aren't exactly stellar anyway.
    • Up x 1
  8. ALN_Isolator

Well long story short striker < trash can (striker is LESS THAN trash can m8s) just let the striker lock on to both ground and air (within reasonable distances) but still dumbfire.
  9. SW0V

The reason why I prefer to use KPH instead of VKPH is because I know from personal experience a large portion of striker vehicle kills are on abandoned flashes =|.
  10. Goretzu

The Striker needs a small AV buff, certainly.

However you can't really just use KPH because the Pheonix gets signficant numbers of AI kills which are much easier to get than either AV or AA kills (which is to say statistically they are weighted differently).

So it looks like the Phoenix is ripping things up, but then look at Vehicle KPH:

35002 - Lancer VS22 | Vehicle KPH | Daily Average: 9.43
    33002 - NC15 Phoenix | Vehicle KPH | Daily Average: 6.57
    34002 - T2 Striker | Vehicle KPH | Daily Average: 5.00

We see that actually AV-wise the Phoenix and Striker are much closer and the Lancer is ahead.

Then look at AA:

34002 - T2 Striker | Aircraft KPH | Daily Average: 2.33
    35002 - Lancer VS22 | Aircraft KPH | Daily Average: 1.34
    33002 - NC15 Phoenix | Aircraft KPH | Daily Average: 1.02

Where the Striker is decently ahead (especally as AA kill are pretty rare, certainly to AI, but even AV kills).

So whilst the Striker still needs a small AV buff, it doesn't need a huge one to reach relative balance.

And if you just look at data from the Striker 2.0 to Striker 2.0b buff you can see it has actually buffed AA significantly, which is bizarre as it was supposed to be an AV buff:

34002 - T2 Striker | Aircraft KPH | Daily Average: 3.23
    35002 - Lancer VS22 | Aircraft KPH | Daily Average: 1.45
    33002 - NC15 Phoenix | Aircraft KPH | Daily Average: 1.05

So really they need to work out a way to buff the Striker AV without buffing its AA further.
    • Up x 2
  11. Jubikus

People that have used the striker have told DBG what its major flaw is that makes it useless and they ignored it and buffed its damage a bit. The problem with the striker is its COF the dam thing cant shoot straight which makes trying to take into account drop even more of an issue the weapons damage model is fine it shouldn't outperform its counterparts if you take into account time to empty mag+ reload but if you cant land all the shots the damn thing is useless so in order to fix the striker you just need to give it some major accuracy improvements. I dont even care if the tone the damage back a little to compensate its effectiveness against air if it were more accurate its just not fun to use RNG weapons.
  12. Dgross

Lower the CoF, increase the velocity. Done! How hard is this? How many threads on the forums/reddit have to be made until they freaking acknowledge something?

Same thing with Fractures.
  13. OldMaster80

The problem with the Striker is you often unload all rockes against an hovering target and they don't lock it so you still miss a lot.

And I've also learned you can't use it from the spawn room: rockets hit doors and windows frames instead of flying out.
  14. Ryme_Intrinseca

The Striker as it stands is fundamentally misconceived.

The main drawback of using an ordinary one-shot rocket launcher is how vulnerable it makes you during the whole target acquisition/firing/reload process. You don't have your gun in your hands and after your first shot your location is marked for every enemy in visual or auditory range (smoke trails+minimap).

Striker takes that vulnerability and runs with it. At least with a normal launcher you fire all your damage in one go. With the striker you have to stand around firing off shot after shot after shot, with smoke and sound marking your location throughout the process. And after you've done all that you've still only put out roughly the same amount of damage as one-shot launchers. So you have this crucial 1.6 seconds of additional vulnerability while you fire your salvo, for almost zero benefit.

For the striker to be viable, it has to either put out much more damage (e.g. 1,800 per salvo) so it's worth the additional risk associated with the weapon, or fire the salvo near instantaneously. I mean increase RPM from 150 to 500 or more. That may sound extreme, but even if it fired like that it would still take much longer to put its damage out than one-shot launchers do. It'd retain its main downside but it'd be more manageable.
  15. Isokon

One way would be to make its proximity lock-on also work on vehicles.
  16. CMDante

Or they could just turn it into a lock-on weapon like it was originally and leave the nerfed damage. Would go in line with TR's "tried and true" mentality and give us a perfectly fine ESRL. VS and NC rockets would do less damage by a but but they'd maintain their gimmicks and individuality.
  17. Goretzu

Yeah I don't really know why they haven't at least investigated that.

Which one-shot launcher puts out remotely near 1675 per shot? :confused:
  18. Ryme_Intrinseca

Since when does Striker do 1675 per salvo? 200*6=1200
  19. Goretzu

Since I looked at the wrong column in my resistance chart. :oops: [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  20. zaspacer

One of the problems the current Striker has is that most players don't know that Crouch Firing, Standing Still, Single Clicking Each Rocket (with delay between firing), and (ranging and) adjusting for Rocket Drop, that Striker is among the most accurate Weapons in the game. I can place 6 of 6 Rockets on Base Turrets ~590-600 meters away (once I have ranged the Rocket Drop).

Striker actually excels in the cases where AV Mana Turret can't reach (either due to Max Range, angle of target, or slope of turret deploy surface), and in Shorter Range and Shorter Time Window pressure on Air (or if they are Hovering or doing a linear slow attack run). And it's also decent for putting pressure on point blank CQQ Vehicle attacks on masses of Infantry like some Harassers will try.

It's a niche Weapon, but I use again now as my non-AI default Loadout on my TR HA.