Getting weapons you never end up using

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZDarkShadowsZ, Aug 25, 2015.

1. ZDarkShadowsZ

Does anyone else do this?

I've unlocked a fair amount of weapons either with real money or with certs but there's so many I forget exist in my arsenal.

1. Hunter CQX - Despite it being a really nice weapon unless I play stalker cloak I forget I have it.
    2. AMR-66 - Because that thing feels really underwhelming anyway.
    3. SABR-13 - This weapon is amazing but I still forget I own it. I hate myself.
    4. Vandal - A weapon I really wanted and then after I purchased it with certs, I completely forgot I unlocked it.
    5. Jaguar - I'm really bad with it. By habit I kept ADSing with it. I probably need more practice but abandoned it for the Lynx.
    6. HSR-1 - Bought with certs, got a few kills and forgot I had it.
    7. MVK Suppressed - It was a 99SC sale! If I ever decide to work towards the Auraxium SMG's I won't feel so bad knowing I didn't waste my certs on this thing. Compared to my Armistice it will always take a back seat.
    8. NS Deep Freeze - Came with the 2014 Holiday bundle. Maybe I'll use it one day, manage to kill someone and feel like a troll.
    9. TRAP-M1 - I really like this weapon. Despite all the hate it gets, it's really good when flanking. As I'm working towards getting a few more kills with Scout Rifles, and the weapon that should be a scout rifle, isn't, it's taken a back seat.
    10. T7 Mini-Chaingun - I don't know what it is, but I'm just so bad with this weapon. That said it was on a 99SC sale back in the day. I miss those 99SC sales....
    11. T4 AMP - Got it with certs the day it was released. Had a bunch of stalker Infiltrator fun and then abandoned it forever.
    12. TAS-16 Blackjack - Impulse buy on a daily sale last year. As much as I loved it, I'm terrible with shotguns and it's been left gathering dust ever since.

Actually, I have a lot more unused weapons than I thought. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  2. FocusLight

3. SABR-13
    5. Jaguar
    10. T7 Mini-Chaingun :eek:
    12. TAS-16 Blackjack

You monster, abandoning so many good tools for their tasks. Two of these are my 1st and 5th Auraxes even :(

As for me, to many weapons don't get use. Having said that, I am trying to Aurax weapons and many of these don't get used because I am currently using different weapons for the same of their 'completion.'
    • Up x 1
  3. FieldMarshall

I have no idea why i unlocked the ALS weapons. I never hipfire anyway and think its overrated.
    Probably got suckered into getting them when i started playing.

Also the crossbow.
    I think i wanted something with a scope for my stalker that could OHK weaker enemies. I basically hoped it would be what the Blackhand is.
    Ofcourse i also had to get the 20$ platinum version aswell for the Exceptional directive that i ended up just getting 5 NS primaries for later on anyway.

I also got an MKV that i dont use, but it was on a 1SC sale and ill probably end up auraxing it for the SMG directive.

I have all the weapons unlocked except the burst ones (not counting SABR), so there are quite a few that i never use.
    I dont really seriously regret getting any of the weapons, as i dont have anything else to spend certs on and i have to complete my arsenal at some point anyway.
  4. Mythologicus

Canister on the Harasser. I have no idea why I did that.

Just about everything else I bought with the intention of either Auraxing (which I have done) or simply using as a better tool than the default.

Well, except for the Flare. And while I didn't buy it, I definitely got the NS-11P on the wrong faction.
  5. Leftconsin

Ravens, oddly enough.
  6. Skiptrace

Hmm, I bought the MK-V Suppressed, got about 150 kills into it, and then abandoned it. It's my only SMG though, and it works well for it's job, I just want more damage with it... 125 damage @ 10m is so pitiful... 134 or 143 would be fine for it's 799 ROF.
  7. HmmOkay

Aside from weapons I no longer use because I've already auraxiumed them:

• Pulsar LSW: made a bet with a friend who would auraxium it first. I stopped at 400 kills and paid him $5. Bought the Flare instead and auraxiumed that as 5th LMG. Dear lord, that gun sucks.
    • Crossbow: nice to troll, and to finish of burning sundies after 2 C4 on LA. But with shield and blockade being so prevalent, it became obsolete. Gold for directive, not touching it again.
    • Nyx (Semi scout rifle): Bad. Inferior to Vandal. Bad damage model. Bad generally. Only advantage is its reallllly quiet.
    • Phaseshift: Bought to have fun, was majorly dissapointed. Not going to auraxium it, rather buy regular bolt snipers.
    • Zenith: PoS. Bad at ADS, bad at hipfire, bad damage (and dropoff), bad accuracy. Auraxiumed it because I already had gold on it. Severly regret that, rather have the NS-11C.
    • Eidolon: Bought it because I expected it to work like the FAL in the CoD series. Major dissapointment, didnt manage to get it to silver.
    • Dual Cosmos: lol. After they nerfed it, it became so underwhelming I bought dual Blueshift with ext. mag instead. Not going back.
    As for vehicles:
    • Sunderer Bulldog: Inferior to furys. Had them replaced.
    • Magrider HE: Makes you weak, bad, and inefficient. Dropped it after 40 kills.
    • Magrider HEAT: Not worth taking over AP. Not even for directives.
    • Magrider PPA: So not worth it. You lose waaay to much AV power for almost no AI power.
    • Flash Basilisk: 'nough said.
    • Scythe Rotary: underwheling compared to default. Not worth it.
    • Scythe Coyote: Useless PoS. Cant hit jack with that. Rather have hornets, or at least AA lock.
    • Valkyre VLG: Terribad. Velocity is too slow for hit and run. Damage to weak to kill anything that's not abandoned.
    Think that sums it up. All other stuff I have I used with fun. I don't use auraxiumed weapons anymore because I want more auraxiums, but I didn't include all those weapons in the list.
  8. Dgross

Archer.
    Thought it was awesome when I got it.
    Now I never find a situation where I actually need it because tank mines blow every MAX up that I see.

AMR-66. Ugh. Cougar in single shot is better.

The Striker. It was good while it lasted, which wasn't long.

Fractures. They were good while they lasted, which also wasn't very long.

Emperor pistol. Why did I get this?

Crossbow. Ugh. Even the recon bolts don't work right. AT explosive bolts? Puhleez.
  9. Eternaloptimist

Commissioner - with certs for one toon when I was a noob and going through an infil phase. Then I realsied I was awful at stalking and at hitting anything with a pistol.

NS7 PDW - with station cash. Abandoned due to being a useless close combat infil with hunter cloak as well

ES auto scout rifles - with certs for each faction........see above

I'm mainly an Engineer now (I'm demon with AI mines and the burst carbines) with a sideline in HA for the dakka and ESRLs but I still occasionally play infil sniper if the enemy is being coy and wants to stay a long way away.

I also have several unused VS LMGs. I was disappointed with my ability to use any of them effectively. So I kept trying another and eventuallyI used the NS15 for quite a while. But then ! discovered the Polaris, which suits me nicely. Now that I am starting to develop some late skill in CQC I may give the Orion another go because of the high RoF.

I have one or two TR and NC LMGs I moved up from but that was mostly free gifts from doing the online questionnaire a while back or becasue I got bored and had many certs but no armour, utilities or other stuff to spend them on.
  10. UberNoob1337101

I never used guns that I auraxiumed until recently, but I still don't use some guns even if I haven't reached that point.

1. TRAC-Shot. It's a slightly better Jaguar. It's nice, it has better reload and ADS accuracy than the Jag, but Lynx is better in every way. I ditched it and forgot about it after about 700 kills.

2. Flare gun. Don't know why did I buy it in the first place. Got no kills with it and forgot about it.

3. TX1 Repeater. I used it a lot for my Stalker Infiltrator, but then I found about revolvers and ditched it as well. I'm planning to go back to it.

4. HC1 Cougar. It's a good gun, but T5 AMC suits my play-style better for being a good-all gun with good hip-fire and ADS. I have auraxiumed it, but it just sprays like crazy after 8 shots.

5. Every single trash TR ES weapon/ability ever. No god no. Worst 4000+ or so certs wasted.

6. TRAP-M1. NS-30 Vandal is better in most ways. Ditched it after I auraxiumed it.

VS :

1. Cerberus. Wondered why people called it a bad side-arm. Ditched it after 300 kills.

2. Pulsar LSW. SVA-88 is just so much better than this trash can of a gun. Horrid accuracy and recoil angle and variance, which is why it's much less effective than SVA-88.

3. Flare VE6. It looks so boring and it's worse at range than Ursa, which not only is a better gun but also looks cooler.

4. Eridani SX5. I liked it after I bought it and it was a fun gun to use. Forgot about it after I got Sirius SX12.

5. Manticore. Just doesn't measure up to the Beamer and Spiker.

NC :

1. Razor GD-23. Didn't even get to the golden medal when I ditched it, just feels and plays like a worse Mercenary.

2. Mag-Scatter. Only used it once. It was really bad, but oddly satisfying to use.

3. GD-22S. Really sad for ditching this one, but the Anchor is a better gun with Adv. laser sight and SPA.

4. NC-9 A-Tross. It's a nice gun but since I got Reaper DMR I threw it away.

5. EM1. Reminded me of T16 Rhino. Ended up ditching it because other guns are simply better (Anchor master race).

-Honorable mentions :

Every semi-auto sniper ever.
    Every battle rifle ever.
    Every HEAT tank cannon ever.
    Every HE tank cannon ever.
    Valkyrie VLG missile.
  11. Ximaster

The T7 Mini Chain Gun,i have it abandoned in my TR char :( And i feel better with the Vanu HA with the Lasher :D

The Manticore,Underboss and Spiker either Beamer in my Vanu stalker,im an user of the ultimate weapon,the Blackhand.

The AF-18 Stalker in my NC Hunter Infiltrator,i have it abandoned too,but im focusing on the Engie. The Archer do miracles.
  12. Scorpion97

I unlocked the PPA a week BEFORE the October nerf and always thought it was rude to say it but finally I got the chance to blow it out:

REFUND ME THE 250 CERTS YOU DBG SCUM