A simple fix for the Orion/NS-15m ads whining

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chryvrius, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Chryvrius

When shield is on all weapon ads multipliers are set to .5 or remain at their lower ads speed based on the weapon.
    When shield is off all weapon ads multipliers are normal.
    Allows heavies to still have their strafe but it is removed when attempting to abuse it alongside shield and lets Vanu/ns lovers remain flexible at the cost of not relying on the crutch as much when wanting the agility.

Agility is indeed a Vanu trait so I don't believe they should fully lose this, but this allows them to keep their faction trait without them being the most annoying planetmans in the universe.
    • Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

You forget that over shield deactivates once its energy is depleted. Shooting the NMG off a heavy will turn him back into Sonic.
    • Up x 5
  3. Tommyp2006

People complain about the NS15m? I've only ever heard it about the VS LMGS, due to having both .75ads and a high ROF. The NS15m has a low enough damage output to offset the .75ads.
    • Up x 1
  4. Chryvrius

SHHH, LET THE VANU STAY AS PURPLE HEDGEHOGS, LETS JUST GIVE A TINY NERF MAN. BITS AND PIECES BITS AND PIECES
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

Oh great, another "nerf 0.75 ADS" thread. :rolleyes:

I'm playing with you OP. This thread, unlike literally every other thread about 0.75 ADS actually approaches the issue not from a "nerf VS" standpoint but instead approaches it from a "nerf HA" standpoint which I'm in favor of.
  6. Chryvrius

Thanks random citizen! I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from with this. I don't believe anything drastic is needed, I just want a little quality of life for non heavies in the form of a small balance fix that doesn't really REMOVE any features.
  7. Chryvrius

Wow, another remove .75 ads whinethread topping over every thread, I guess controversy and clickbait is less intriguing than trying to strike actual balance :\
  8. OldMaster80

Just add that freaking acceleration to infantry strafe like you did with aircraft months ago and the job will done. Prevent people from moving ADADADADADA and the 0.75 issue will disappear.
    • Up x 2
  9. Chryvrius

I personally disagree, ADADADA is part of tons of first person shooters and I feel adds a lot more depth to the gunplay. I feel it adds a nice element of aim/footwork and makes the game less like a shooting gallery. The real issue is the speed of which a certain class is able to do it is the issue in my personal opinion.
  10. Zombo

Yeah right
    if anything should be nerfed, it's the betelgeuse and the anchor

lol, the guy crying about 0.75 ADS defending ADADAD BS? now i've seen everything
    • Up x 1
  11. Chryvrius

I'm not attempting to whine, I'm simply attempting to find a solution on how to make .75ads fair on heavy. I feel it fits on any other class. The reason I "defend" it is due to the fact that I enjoyed it very much in Team Fortress 2 because It added depth to the gunplay and I feel that it adds to this game as well, I however respect your opinion and I too find it odd that I'm discussing .75 ads and yet I'm not being an immature child and whining about someone pressing two keys.
  12. OldMaster80

Depth? the ADADADA? Have you ever seen an US marine in action moving like that?! Just because that **** was there in Wolfenstein 3D in 1992 it doesn't mean it's good. That's complete crap and it mess up PS2's hit detection. It should have been removed eons ago.
    • Up x 1
  13. asmodraxus

Simple fix

Increase ADS CoF when moving, especially for radical changes of direction, when stationary it should be low.

Make the mobile CoF a bit like hip fire.
    • Up x 2
  14. Zombo

ADAD along with clientside hit registration has a very weird effect in PS2, i think Wrel made a video on it once, actually the hitbox of the player is lagging behind or moving in front of the player, resulting in you not actually hitting when you should

strafing speed while ADS should be made lower with every weapon in the game is the only solution, if that would change anything,

or making direction changes from "strafing left" to "strafing right" needing a lot more time, like someone proposed above, make the acceleration lower, but not the overall speed

i sure cant riverdance when aiming down the sights of an LMG, but RL is no base to talk about since you can't even prone in PS2 ;)
    • Up x 1
  15. Takara

Depth to gun play? So did Dolphin diving from BF2....it was still dumb as ****.
  16. MarkAntony

instead of removing the 0.75 ADS we should remove the people whining about it.
    • Up x 3
  17. Scr1nRusher

The best way to "fix" it..........

Is just removing 0.75 ADS off all LMG's that have it & buff them if needed as compensation.
  18. UberNoob1337101

0.75 ADS isn't really a problem, just a small peak-a-boo advantage or a movement advantage, but it is also easy to just sprint, walk for a moment and then ADS, thus you get good accuracy and if you kill targets fast (something CQC LMGs do very well) the 0.75 ADS is meaningless.

The range of CQC LMGs on the other hand... Seriously, single tier drop-off (Anchor drops from 167/10m - 143/65m without SPA), combined with pin-point accuracy it's too good.

The "Nerf 0.75 ADS" exists because noobs don't know what to point their fingers at and so they whine relentlessly about it instead of getting good, and I fully support VS and NS LMGs keeping it. The other thing is when CQC LMGs hit targets out to 75m no problem.

If they added a cool-down med-kit spamming, restricted the HA class and made you choose between good AV or good AI capabilities (Basically you can have both, but can't be a god at everything) and reduced the accuracy of CQC LMGs a little bit it would pretty much balance out the HA class.
  19. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS doesn't belong on a LMG.

Also 0.75 ADS messes with the balance of the HA shield when it involves ADS work.
  20. Kulso

If you keep trying to apply real life physics to a video game, I think you're going to be disappointed with every game you play.