Vulcan

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silversharp, Jul 17, 2015.

1. LordMcZee

Just git gud.

Vulcan isn't THAT op.
  2. Haquim

I hope you mean LPPA.
    I couldn't even say what the PPA does at the moment, because the only one I saw since two months was on a Harasser and killed me at about 5 m.
  3. dieselrd

I know this is an older thread, but I didn't want to make another one.

I've had experience with all 3 factions in harrassers and my god is the Vulcan by far the easiest to use and deadliest of them all. Just take a look at what TR guys use versus the others, they use nothing BUT that Vulcan, whereas the other factions have a split.

Of all the OP weapons in this game, most are tolerable, this gun is far too OP. I want TR to keep it though, no nerf just give the other factions something on the same level.
  4. Terranaxiom

The skill cannon (lasher) *Lol

*Couldn't help laughing.
  5. Klabauter8

As a Valkyrie pilot, I'm perfectly fine with Vulcan Harassers.

If others have problems with this, then this means only more kills for me.
  6. Peebuddy

The Tr pull twice as many vulcans because we're lacking in the AV department, we rely heavily on our vehicles since our infantry AV pales in comparison to the NC/ Vs.

Someone said each faction gun is performing close to each other, we're just pulling more because we haven't any real alternatives.

As for the OP vanu weapon IMO it's the sauron, That thing's a beast. The ability to mag dump at close range and can hit accurately at long distance. While on paper the vulcan does more dmg but in very specific circumstances, the sauron has some incredible versatility to it.
  7. Devilllike

what is your in game level?
  8. Dgross

FFS give it a rest already!
    It's ONE of two viable AV weapons the entire faction has.

The Harasser has paper armor. You see it, you shoot it. The Vulcan isn't the problem, your crappy situational awareness is. Don't blame your own shortcomings on a weapon.
    Suck it up and get better.
    • Up x 1
  9. Garmag

Thank you Dgross, that was about half of the point I was about to make. The vulcan is powerful, yes, but it's not OP. It's a very risky to use weapon but higly rewarding. I play vanguard and mag a lot, and i've not been killed that many times by a vulcan, because I know how to aim properly. One shot from a vanguard or a Mag and a harasser HAS to flee. If the tank has a gunner, it makes the task extremely difficult for a harasser to kill it. So as Dgross said, get better, stop blaming your shortcomings on "daaah, I got killed three times in a row, this is OOOOPPPPP". It's like everything else, there is a way to deal with it. You've just not found it yet. Do you blame the liberators for killing a vanguard with just 48 bullets ? And you can't even retaliate because the lib is above you ? No, you don't, and the vulcan needs 2 clips in the rear of a vanguard and at least 3 when in front of it. I don't even take into account the Iwinshield.
  10. CJLogan

Y'know, I'm sick of hearing how the Vulcan is dead easy to use - it takes A VERY skilled driver, as well as good coordination to even think about going after mbt without being ripped apart in seconds. Fury sundy can mop the floor with it and not to mention its pathetic accuracy at range.

How about a test - I pull you 10 full stealth, fire sup, racer, turbo harassers and you go against a saron ap magrider and see how many duels you win. I assure you, it won't be pretty.... (and that's coming from a guy that mains VS XD)
    • Up x 1
  11. Plastikfrosch

*COUGHASYMMETRICBALANCINGCOUGH*

AV possibilities of the factions:

Vanu:
    Vortex/Lancer:
    +very good against all ground vehicles at range
    +Lancer is a launcher and does not require nanites
    - but needs to be teamed up because 1 vortex max or 1 lancer HA cant really kill a vehicle before it falls back

NC:
    Ravenmaxes:
    + SCREEEEEEEEEEESCREEEEEEEEYOUAREDEAD
    + one Ravenmax is a stand alone comples as long as it has ammo. its easy to hit targets and the ttk is good
    - phoenix is....meh. it works but the lancer is definitively the better choice

TR:
    Vulcan:
    + mounted on the Harraser its extremely effective against all ground vehicles
    - high risc because you have to come close so a good driver is need and mineguard is required because the enemy cant be stupid enough to not drop tankmines before the second strike (if the target is more or less stationary)

as it is now, it works for all factions, everyone has something that really works against vehicles. If they really implement the new Harasser and MBT CQC weapons for vanu and NC they also have to implement some kind of long range AV max weapon for the TR max that does not suck.
    • Up x 1
  12. bubbacon

This tells me that you are quite clueless. The Enforcer is the deadliest OP Harrasser platform in the game atm. I run Harrasser alot and the situation dictates if we prefer Vulcan or Halberd since, unlike Enforcer/Saron platforms, we don't have the range. You have to get nose to nose for the maximum Vulcan effect, which can be suicidal.

Furthermore, an Enforcer/Saron crew with equal skill can beat a Vulcan crew. It usually depends on who got the drop on who first. Doesn't matter how close we are; however, you add range in the mix and the advantage swings to the Enforcer. What makes the Vulcan good are the drivers.
  13. Call-Me-Kenneth

lets not ask for more nerfs to a chassis that is made of tinfoil already.

first answer got it right, DGB is going for a "**** it all" approach to balancing by giving everyone vulcans, so expect MBTs to be grounded for months until they finally nerf ALL the guns, and claim that since all faction got nerfed vulcan owners don't get to ***** about it.

or FINNALY cave in and buff the HP on tanks up to a more realist level considering the stupid amounts of AP on the battlefield. a 30% will do, with a small reduction on butt damage.

getting caught off guard by a vulcan is a death sentence, and i Drive a Vanguard. come the next update, Prowler drivers will know our pain, and they have no shield to compensate for that humongous backside. :oops:
    • Up x 1
  14. dieselrd

The Vulcan is OP hence the reason we are getting new guns similar to it hence the reason every damn TR harasser has one equipped. You don't see that in other factions. lol at the attempt "we use other guns too" sure you do keep defending it meanwhile I just grab noobs off the warpgate that rack up mountains of kills with it.

Sure, a badass harasser driver/gunner can make almost anything work lol, that's not that point at all.
    • Up x 1
  15. JohnGalt36

"Vulcan is fine, git gud"

Meanwhile... On Connery Esamir...
    4 Vulcan Harassers wipe out probably 6 Vanguards and 4 Lightnings. I saw it happen, true story.

Such balance.
    Vulcan's fine, VS is fine, Libs are fine.
    I must be confused on what the word "fine" means.
    • Up x 1
  16. Jake the Dog

Yeah, as someone who spent quite a bit of time on each faction the vulcan sticks out more than any other harasser weapon and guarentees your destruction if he gets behind you, and since auto detect catches things at 100m (excluding stealth targets) and can cross that distance in a second or two you don't have much time to react.

If anything tanks need a resistance buff against them.
    • Up x 1
  17. Simferion

Brief story of Vulcan cycle:

Players "Dear Devs, Vulcan on Prowler is UP, Vulcan-H is OP"
    Devs "Ok let's buff both of them"
    Players "Dear Devs, Vulcan on Prowler is still UP, Vulcan-H is very OP"
    Devs "Ok let's nerf both of them"
  18. JohnGalt36

Vulcan-H is so brutal to a Vanguard. You can pop your shield, start shooting, and start rotating, but you'll likely be dead before you can kill the Harasser if he isn't sitting there like an AP pinata. Vanguard is so slow, so if you miss one shot, you're dead.
  19. lothbrook

The problem is that they've slowly buffed the harasser back to a point where it takes 3 Titan APs to destroy a harasser again, and then inexplicably buffed the vulcan to where its almost back to where it was before the nerf, SOE/DBG is completely clueless when it comes to balance.
  20. XenoxusPrime

The statistics show TR and NC over performing compared to VS in almost every way (except for the VS heavy assault obviously).