When will nc maxes get a medium range ai weapon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by aynn, Aug 22, 2015.

1. WTSherman

Some people here do seem to be missing what the word "sustainable" means. The NC MAX is definitely more vulnerable to getting zerged than the other MAXes, because a lot of the time, even if you have perfect aim you'll run out of ammo after just 2-3 kills (if they're close enough for you to get more, they're close enough to C4 or tank mine you). And as far as most squads are concerned, losing 2-3 people is totally worth taking out a MAX.

The NC MAX is good at spearheading a well-supported push, severely punishing 1-3 people who got separated from their team, or intimidating an enemy push with its presence so that other people can secure the kills.

What it can't do is lay down a barrage of sustained fire on a location from a relatively safe distance. In fact if there's any kind of distance involved, often the best an NC MAX can do is bait the enemy with its shield to draw attention away from the infantry that are the real threat.

The NC MAX does have firepower. But it's definitely not sustainable.
    • Up x 1
  2. reap200

hmm, two arm mounted gauss saws anybody?
  3. WTSherman

Honestly, from what I've seen we're probably never going to get any kind of suppression weapon on our MAXes. I generally just try to maintain a policy of always having an engie, a medic, and two HAs superglued to my MAX to compensate for its shortcomings.
  4. reap200

yeah, im usually one of the two heavies in my outfit ;)
  5. Shatteredstar

At the same time they can't wreck anything at short range.

I've been destroyed even in a max, killed faster than an av max could kill me with kinetic on.

So ya if nc max units get medium range ability they will need a nerf on close engagement power.
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

NC Maxes get NS HMGs for midrange!

VS/TR Maxes get NS Flamethrowers for closerange!

perfect deal! and both weapon systems are in the game files and working. so what are you waiting for, DGC?

[IMG]
  7. Devilllike

i know very well what that word means Ragnar lothbrook! but dont tell me the maxes that can clear a room on their own have no sustainable power vs infantry seriously
  8. WTSherman

You know it only has 6 shots in the magazine, right? Even if you assume every pellet always hits (with shotguns, hah), he needs to double-tap you to get that "instant" kill. So if there's more than 6 people in the room he ain't clearing squat.

An NC MAX doesn't clear a room. He shocks you and draws your attention by gibbing a couple people, then the zerg behind him clears the room while you're distracted.
  9. lothbrook

Thats also assuming perfect accuracy, because even with extended mags killing 6 guys without reloading is a stretch, and don't get me started about putting rounds into corpses still falling to the ground with people behind them.
  10. Asageh

Slug Mattocks

you're welcome.