How do I deal with Battle Flashes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Aug 22, 2015.

1. UberNoob1337101

I have a big problem, and that problem are Battle Flashes (Specifically, Wraith flashes with SI2 Renegade and M40 Fury farm-o-biles).

Every time when I can't deal with it my only options[IMG] are to redeploy or die, because it has the ability to be everywhere and the OHK is frustrating.

So IDK how do I deal with these, they are super frustrating to deal with but I do believe there is a way to deal with them with Infantry Anti-vehicle weapons.

How do you deal with them, and what's in your perspective the best way to deal with them?
  2. xSalt

Well, personally, if I have the chance and they don't completely jump me. I shoot the rider off. They have there normal hp and can get shot off easily, then you can blow up the flash easily. One dumb fire rocket should do it also. But it's easiest to just shoot the rider off as he turns around or zooms off.
  3. Noooooch

Use a damn rocket launcher (Decimator ftw) and just wreck that fool. I hate cloak-renegade-flashes.
  4. Leftconsin

Tank mines. One will kill the rider unless they are running flak (I don't know what level is needed). They also can ward off MAX suits.
    • Up x 1
  5. Sebastien

Get into a vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pelojian

If they are attacking people as they spawn at a sunderer lay down some tank mines at a place where they often approach from then swap to heavy with a lock-on on high ground with cover against enemy infantry, aim down sights and wait when they decloak if they are stupid enough not to abort as soon as they get a lock on warning then they deserve to die.
  7. pnkdth

Shoot the squishy driver. You do not need mines or rocket launchers, however, mines are a good precaution since it quite handily deal with other larger threats too.
    • Up x 2
  8. Scatterblak

I can te
    ll you this, re: OHK -- if you're getting OHK from a battle flash, you need to respec your armor/shielding. As a career inf, I use a battle flash to get across the field quickly to flank the enemy - I engage if I have to, but I prefer CQC or sniping - and I *rarely* OHK anyone, and it's always someone very low BR. I use the Fury, and a couple of direct hits will take out just about anyone who's not a shielded heavy or a max, but OHK's just about don't happen - at least for me.

As far as dealing with them - I hate to lose my inf membership card, but there are some good counters to a battle flash. First of all, ADADAD like a maniac - that helps a lot. Just running is going to get you killed. The flash is pretty good for farming infantry that isn't paying attention - in a medium to large battle, if an enemy turns and strafes and starts shooting at me, I'll simply disengage and go run over some poor clown who isn't paying attention. Try not to be out in the wide open if there are battle flashes around - if you can be near a tree, a rock, an outcropping, try to get it directly behind you while ADAD'ing - as we drive towards you, we have to turn long before we get there to avoid running into the obstacle. Best, though, is a combination of ADAD'ing will standing your ground and unloading a clip in our direction. Another good strategy is to stay with a group, and don't do things that make you a more desirable target, like standing still or bringing up the rear. Don't get clumped up - we love to roll through a tight group - but if you're ina loose group of 4 or 5 guys, and you're going to stand your ground and actually shoot at us - there are usually safer targets on the battlefield.

Hope it helps. But not too much... :)
  9. Jac70

It's yet another of the scrubber farming tactics. Wraith Flash with shotgun or Fury and just run through groups of enemies. If you are spawning at a Sunderer and one of these farmers targets you then throw mines down around the spawn. Don't throw them next to the Sunderer because you will end up killing half of your own force.

To catch a rat you need to set your trap :eek:
  10. Jubikus

Just throw landmines around (not right next to the area your at youll kill your own team aswell) just hitting 1 will kill them also they are vulnerable to just being shot off the flash or 1 shot by a decimater rocket launcher. No matter what they will be annoying because even if you kill them the damn things are only 50 resources to get.
  11. Liewec123

look and listen, thats the ultimate counter, they're fairly easy to spot and really noisy.
    listen for where abouts they are, look for them, find them, wreck them with any weapon.
    • Up x 1
  12. Asageh

I shotgunned the driver off one time using the Bruiser.

Other times I just use the Deci.