[Suggestion] About the LA famous never-to-come update

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by IronMouse, Aug 9, 2015.

1. IronMouse

All the suggestions made by players in the past, especially dual-wielding, leave me feeling underwhelmed. I've made some myself. But nothing quite hits the spot, you know?

When I sum everything up... Only ONE thing is more than enough to improve the LA experience. Add more mobility to LA, leave everything else as it is.

I don't think LA needs more tools. Couldn't hurt, but it's not necessary. LA is tool by itself (pun unintended) in the hands of the capable player. Mobility is the tool LA has. It's just that, at the moment, LA hasn't got enough of it.

I've already suggested that Jet-pack needs to be quicker and more responsive. And while I still stand behind these words, I'd like to add that perhaps some other ways of superior mobility should be added to the class. Mobility is everything we have. And everything we need.
  2. GaveYouHermes

I agree. I think having a default faster speed would only make sense. In general, Infiltrators and Light Assaults should be fast classes, while medics are more of a middle ground (since they apparently don't have a ton of gear, with medical treatments only involving a little ray gun), and engineers and HA being the slower classes. Or for balance reasons just make engineers middle ground too. LA is mobility heavy and vulnerable in the open, only makes sense for them to get out of the open faster.
    • Up x 2
  3. Reclaimer77

Kind of silly that Light Assault has the same foot-speed as a Max unit or Heavy Assault player.

/agree
  4. IronMouse

Same foot-speed, and no MAX's HP or firepower, nor HA's shields or firepower. We do have jet-packs, but it has very limited fuel, a loud sound signature and not to mention that jet-pack is ALSO slow.

We need a speed buff on foot AND while jet-packing in order to really be able to utilize our "tools". Dual wielding is completely unnecessary, and awkward for balance/implementation. Extra speed is all the extra we need.
    • Up x 1
  5. RainbowDash9

i just want another jetpack type thats an actual jetpack. meaning i can fly up and down, side to side, hover etc. could you imagine that? lol giant bugs everywhere
  6. IronMouse

It would be useless due to low fuel tank capacity. And even if we had much greater fuel capacity, which will never happen, it would yet again be useless due to PS2 fast paced combat and our inability to fight efficiently while airborne.

Take my word for it - with more speed, LA would be "fixed".
  7. K2k4

Step 1. Equip adrenaline pump.
    Step 2. Equip icarus jets.
    Step 3. Come back to the forums to complain that it wasnt enough.

Honestly though I think that the HA and max should have a tiny penalty to movement speed. I mean the name heavy even implies that they are carrying heavier equipmunk.
  8. Heelixs

I'm thinking of two options. 1. More speed/mobility to the LA. Considering the jetpack that has been taken care of (Icarus), but they are somewhat too situational. I think maybe the adrenaline pump should do the trick. But the old adrenaline pump, I mean the old buff percentage that the adrenaline pump gave.
    2. LA is the only class that doesn't have tools. I was thinking maybe med packs. But it would be better to have resto packs. Not a whole bunch of them,lets say 1. Like having a grenade without the Bandolier mod. Okay,maybe 2 of them ;)
  9. Veolfen

Heavies have a giant slow when they use their shield.
    And one of you pointed that you had a "very limited amount of fuel".
    Same for the heavy who has 1 min reload time on a shield that can take 1 or 2 hits.

1 on 1 face to face the Heavy has the upper hand, but the LA can flank easily, find good places to have a lot of free kills etc...
    I can't understand why people are complaining so much about how LA has no tools while it's probably the best class to do solo moves.
  10. Heelixs

I am not complaining. I am just pointing out that something new can be brought to the light assault class. and I totally agree with you. LA is the best class to go solo. But from experiance,rarely someone wants a LA in his platoon. (platoon here refers to the platoons that are really nasty.)