Why are some people faster than others

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Aug 15, 2015.

1. rockhead101

I see this all the time. I shoot at some people and they try to dodge and I can easily follow, while others just kind of twitch around and disappear. I know your going to say lag, but why and how. It definitely gives some people a huge advantage. I've seen speed hacks and this isn't one, too many people do it.
    • Up x 2
  2. Jac70

Some weapons have different ADS movement multipliers so they can move faster than others. I know what you mean though, some people seem to be able to jump left and right 2-3m and they are near enough impossible to hit if you're not using a high RPM weapon. Maybe their connection to the server, dunno.
  3. 0fly0

When you starting to understand the game you know when you're being shot from behind it's better to run with medkit, it help you move faster. You also have players with really great internet conection and computer, they have less trouble to react, i remember fighting against guy like gyllebmf it's so hilarious, first bullet fire and he's already running away like he have absolutly no delay with the server.
    • Up x 2
  4. Scr1nRusher

You can thank the "magical" 0.75 ADS on some weapons.
    • Up x 1
  5. Gromwort

This may be a lag issue.When playing at morning on Cobolt i have no problem aiming or dodging bullets, but at evening it does get frustrating at times when i shoot someone and i feel my hits doesn't connect, or i am getting killed when i am already behind cover for 2 seconds by a guy who was few meters in front of me and there was no way i got shoot.If that's the case then get used to it.
  6. Demigan

this has everything to do with how the game handles ADAD spam (which does not mean that 0,75 ADS weapons are OP, as hipfire moves faster and there are some incredible hipfire weapons out there. The problem with the 0,75 ADS weapons is that they have a ton of great perks, 0,75 ADS is just a tiny part that doesn't make the weapon OP all by itself).

ADAD spam makes it hard for you PC and the Server to predict where you are, and you start warping around. Which is what people have been abusing a lot as it means players won't be able to predict it either and waste a ton of bullets/stop firing a moment whenever you warp.
  7. breeje

they are all using a speed hack :D
  8. Zombo

it's to a large part paket loss, especially in germany there are two routes which you can get, one of them has a packet loss rate of about 10%, which is terrible, the other has less than 1% packet loss, which is okay-ish

PS2 reacts extremely bad to sudden connection problems, just pull your cable out or cut the connection while playing, and you will see tanks flying around and people rubberbanding everywhere before the game actually gets that you have disconnected

people rubberbanding around and warping also can sometimes have a lag-switch, which lets them behave like they suddenly have a very high ping and bad connection on command, which helps them hit enemies after the lag-switch has turned off, and themselfes being almost impossible to hit during the lagswitch, due to the client-side hit detection PS2 uses

people complaining about 0.75 ADS here are on the wrong foot, i never saw someone "disappear" just because he had a 0.75 weapon xD
    • Up x 2
  9. customer548

Yeah, i'm on Cobalt too. When i am under fire, i sometimes do run at cover behind a damn wall, then die 1 second later. But i was safe, i'm sure of it.
    My internet connection shows the same ping as by the past. I really start to think that Cobalt server is not 100% effective as it had been during those 3 last years.
    Hit detection seems to be a problem too more than by the past, at least for my own experience.
  10. Gromwort

I don't expect devs will ever fix it, so i just got used to it.My latency during evening alerts show around 80 - 160 witch is not that bad but i can swear at times it's way higher then that.Not a game breaking, but kinda suck to die when i know i should get a kill and keep going.At morning things feel so much better.
  11. customer548

Latency during mornings is the best one, for sure.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheRunDown

13. Simferion

I think you are talking about different things:
    Yes there's the lag and the fact you die behind cover a lot of times or the hit detection which is screwed. I play in Miller and Cobalt and I experience these problems a lot, especially during the alerts.
    I'm wondering if some of my loadouts are broken too; that is if I equip one of them my weapon are less effective. This is not something I made myself up: I had a Reaver loadout which had problem in showing the actual number of rounds.

Then there's the ADS speed difference between the 0.75x and the 0.5x weapons.

Finally there are some players who indeed move faster than expected. It's not during the strafing or so. I have personally seen some HAs fleeing from me at a suspicious speed. If I see a LA I can think about an Adrenaline pump, but on a HA there's no rational explanaition especially after seeing them moving at a normal pace for most of the time.
    • Up x 3
  14. Utrooperx

It is extremely odd...I've equipped adrenaline on my LA, saw a Enemy HA running toward the point building, gave chase...and he easily out-ran me...even while shooting at other defenders with his shield up...he simply moved faster then my LA...sprinting...with adrenaline...could run.

Explanation? Sure, I have one...I see this all too often...it involves Notepad and a basic knowledge of coding...

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...-all-the-hackers-this-last-week.226668/page-7
    • Up x 1
  15. Zombo

this can be lag compensation if it's not about an extensive amount of time, or indeed a speedhack
    • Up x 1
  16. Shanther

I have played on and off since beta. I have 51 days played which really isn't a great deal by most BR 100 standards. In that time period I can probably count the number of ACTUAL hackers I have run into on one hand. Do they exist, yes absoutely. However it is GROSSLY overstated how many. Easily 9 out of every 10 cases of someone being a hacker are simply wong.
  17. nuclearunicorn

I've been seeing something that might be what you are talking about a lot lately and I think it is a connection/server related issue. Especially on alerts, when sniping in many instances players appear "jittery", where they are kind of bouncing around between a few step lengths like the game doesn't know exactly where they are. This makes sniping nearly unbearable but I've also noticed this in closer ranges, just much less noticeable. It almost seems like at times in closer ranges an enemy will just be missing a few frames, but still throws aim off. IIRC the jitter was an issue some time ago and was fixed.
  18. No_STG

I just got on after work for a bit on emerald and I notice a bit of jitter and odd movement overall with all players while averaging about 75ms to 100+. I'm guessing the duct tape and chewing gum holding things together is under a lot of stress. Still kinda playable.
  19. zaspacer

I don't buy it.

I think much more players are hacking, or they are using tricks/combos that just aren't widely know. Some player DEFINITELY move much faster than others, many more players have insane reaction+accuracy than there used to be (and these are not otherwise good players), some players can withstand a staggering amount of damage, etc.

If it's speed hacks, why doesn't DBG just have some check in game that flags any player moving faster than their unit's speed? And if there is some combo with MedKits, etc. then DBG *should* remove it. Nothing worse than an already overly-cryptic and non-intuitive game than to have a bunch of OP non-intuitive and lesser know tricks/combos. Frickin DBG/SOE, some things never change: leaving in broken glitches because they think it's cool, wouldn't surprise me.

Many top performing players have been known to abuse tricks/combos, glitches, and even hacks across games. And PS2 is a skeleton supported game. It is not surprising that we see much more questionable play.
    • Up x 1
  20. God Of Plutonium

sometimes yes there are speed hackers, but its minorly faster, it could just be adrenaline pump