To everyone who complains about c4 blowing up tanks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Teneth, Aug 13, 2015.

1. JohnGalt36

Also, on what planet are tanks never supposed to hold still or face instant death from infantry? Ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  2. Taemien

I want them from the Tanker's PoV. Not the LA's. I want to see what the tanker is doing that's getting them killed.
  3. FateJH

You want him to C4 his own tank while he's driving it, unaware that he's going to C4 himself?
    • Up x 2
  4. AlterEgo

Multiple times has the C4 I put on a vehicle failed to deal damage. It limits its effectiveness greatly, and I wish it would fixed so that the effect could be consistent.
  5. ShineOut

Focusing on another high possible threat I.e. other TANKS, rockets, non-rendering av, non spotting mines. You know essential stuff. Then comes jesus with his holy bricks cause lol.
    • Up x 4
  6. JohnGalt36

^This. Every tank I violated with my plasticky goodness was doing something way more important than watching the sky.
    • Up x 2
  7. Taemien

I want to see someone driving a tank and see what they are doing when they get randomly C4'd. By the number of threads that keep popping, this shouldn't take long.

My personal experience is that I get ganked by C4 when I'm doing something wrong. So I can't rely on my own experience (well I can, but no one wants to take it at face value).
    • Up x 1
  8. JohnGalt36

Like I said, next time I tank (probably Monday) I'll try to get some good footage for you.
  9. JohnGalt36

LOL, still OP.

To be clear, I am not "outplaying" these people. I am cheesing them hard. I am not even good. I want to rip my hair out when people talk about tankers being "outplayed" when they get C4'd.
    • Up x 2
  10. AlterEgo

Wut? That's some black magic, man. That was funnyXD
    • Up x 1
  11. Demigan

Why the hell did you use an ESF for that? It's a waste of nanites (and the whole 'bailer' argument is mute anyway as it happens so rarely I've never seen it happen or had it happen nearby)

Just look at your own video! These are pretty alert people for Tankers... But if you look at their vision, you'll see they only look at the frontal 180 degrees (more like 130 degree's), so any attack from behind would have worked to C4 them. This is what I mean with lack of situational awareness.

ESF bailing is a different matter altogether than C4 fairying. You pay what, 500 nanites? You can do it twice (assuming you got your nanites back by then) and then you are empty. You didn't ESF bail for a freshly spawned MBT, so we can assume he's got some new nanites. He'll pull a new one, and by the time you kill him again he pulls another one, and you are empty.

Result: They managed to farm a while with their tank (2 extreme menace kills, they shouldn't be complaining), and you just managed to get 2 tank kills and 4 kills. Whoop de doo. Oh, and while you run out of resources, they can (almost) spawn their third one by the time you kill them the second time.

Also, wouldn't it have been cheaper to get an ESF with Hornets, attack them from behind (they were open on all sides) and do the 4 second kill on them? Yeah it would, they were Anchored and wouldn't have been able to escape anyway. And afterwards... You can look for the next victim!
    So by ESF bailing you essentially shot yourself in the foot. Sure it worked, but just about anything else would have worked as well but for lower cost and the chance of a repeat for those same costs.
  12. Demigan

Wait, you did a kill on a tanker like that, who didn't even react to your Vanguard shots until the second one, and then say 'so yeah, C4 OP'?

You don't see what's wrong with that? Aside from the fact that you can use that tank again (and the fact that even without stealth that tanker wouldn't have seen you coming anyway with his situational awareness), you could have killed that guy with almost anything. It's not the C4 here that's the problem, it's the Tankers.

And so it will be with all the video's you'll show. They will show Tankers that sit still and let themselves be killed.
    Also, I would like to see you attack some Vanu as well. They move around more. Every video you'll make of them will be Magriders that sit still somewhere or barely move at that point, or other Vanu vehicles.
  13. JohnGalt36

It happens to me pretty frequently. I never ran out of nanites for more than a few minutes, either. You can engage people with your aircraft and bail C4 when you hit 500 or get too damaged. Doing this will let you play with little/no down time.

I don't understand this nanite issue. The end result is the same. They are dead because of a stupid easy weapon and I got undeserved kills.
  14. JohnGalt36

I don't know why I try to convince you, the most entrenched infantrysider on the forums. Refer to my post at the top of the page. Why should sitting still for any amount of time be a death sentence for a tank?

You really don't see an issue with the fact that C4 would have made that an easier kill than my Vanguard?
    I killed a few VS. It was marginally harder, but still cheesy.
    • Up x 1
  15. Demigan

I don't understand your entire issue with C4. It's a ridiculously easy thing to avoid except if someone pays more than your vehicle for a one time use thing. And 90% of the time you could have used something else with about the same effect but repeatedly. You can see it in every single video or 'evidence' that is posted (and there is barely anything posted at all). The tanker wasn't paying attention or placed themselves where they were easily reached.
  16. Problem Officer

I drive as Infil but with hunter, auto scout and drop motion spotters when the tank may sit around.

Trying to just use the force or something but I always get c4'd no matter the location, whenever I skip placing radar.
    NC has a great counter (vanguard shield) but you need to be in third person and kill the LA before they can wait through your shield.
    • Up x 1
  17. Demigan

wait, most entrenched infantrysider? I think we've got about the same amount of playtime in vehicles (you more in Vanguard, me more in Lightnings). Every time I use an Engineer I'm in a vehicle, and my LA and Engineer hours are about the same. The only other thing I really use a lot is the Infiltrator, which is barely AV capable except when hacking turrets or killing pilots, are you going to use that as a sign that I'm anti-Vehicle as well?

You have a wrong idea of me, and unlike you I've used both vehicles and infantry a lot. You on the other hand barely used infantry at all. You are a tanksider, I am a generalist. You only see things that have something to do with vehicles, I see the whole picture. I don't get C4red, you do. Maybe you should start looking at what reasons there are that you get C4red instead of looking to nerf C4.
  18. JohnGalt36

:rolleyes:
    You really don't see the problem with the fact that you can just pay some nanites (which are free) to kill someone in a manner which they can simply not avoid? There is ZERO counter to a C4 fairy who wants to kill you. Not a single one.
    But those would require some amount of skill/hanging around to get shot at. You can be a no-skill ****ter and drop in with C4, get a kill or two without any chance of them retaliating, and redeploy. That's not fair to the tanker and certainly not balanced.
    Jesus. Tanks shouldn't have to never stop moving or face instant death from above. What is so difficult to understand?

Anyway. I'm done trying to convince you. You have clearly made up your mind.
    • Up x 1
  19. JohnGalt36

Look how unaware this guy is. Doesn't he know he should be watching 360 degrees around him as well as the sky?
    Outplayed.
    Obvious sarcasm should be obvious.
    • Up x 1
  20. JohnGalt36

That's because a C4 fairy can drop right on top of you and never expose himself.
    • Up x 1