To everyone who complains about c4 blowing up tanks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Teneth, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Demigan

No no you misunderstand, I'm being C4red only under buildings because anywhere else my situational awareness and movement is more than enough to defend my tank.

But please record your absurd situations, I want to see them.
  2. ronjahn

I'd have to agree with this. It's pretty ridiculous sometimes where out of ******* nowhere I'm instakilled by c4.

But then I think of all the ridiculous ways I have c4ed tanks that had pissed me off and realize that it's not as ridiculous as I thought. If a tank pisses me off enough, and I speciailly go out of my way to get it, there isn't much that is going to prevent me from c4ing it, regardless of how long or far out of my way I have to go.

While I wish c4 wasn't as powerful, I've given up arguing for changes to it because infantry minded players are more abundant and get way to worked up when this topic is brought up. When they Nerfed it on the test server, this community tweaked the **** out.
  3. JohnGalt36

I C4 fairied a couple tanks during the last few minutes of an Amerish alert today. It was hilariously easy, especially since I already knew which ones I was going to hit.

Look how tough that was! That guy totally stood a chance! :rolleyes:

To be honest, I felt pretty bad about doing that, but I wanted to see for myself how easy it was.
    • Up x 2
  4. FBVanu

Even proxy radar is not helping on that approach.... sad to watch you do that to one of my fellow Prowlers... :(
    Infantry will not admit that C-4 is too easy.. (not the approach.. but too easy to get a OHK..on the most armored vehicle in the game)
    • Up x 2
  5. JohnGalt36

Here's a nice video illustrating why you always roll stealth. You put yourself at a disadvantage to other tanks by using Proxy.

Though, FBTerran got me while he was using Proxy today. I was sneaking up as an engi, trying to put tank mines behind him.

What's also really funny is that if I came upon this same tank as an LA, it would have been a quicker kill than a FREAKING VANGUARD. I still had to hit the guy 3 or 4 times. An LA could have just dropped C4 and hit a button.
    If that doesn't illustrate how ridiculous C4 is, I don't know what does.
    • Up x 3
  6. FBVanu

Again, sorry about that one today...
    • Up x 1
  7. JohnGalt36

LOL, I was pretty much just messing around for the last few minutes. I had some really great tank runs, but decided to try to sneak tank mines under Prowlers.
  8. JohnGalt36

... and that is the problem with C4. If you want a tank dead, you pull a drifter with C4 and an ESF. There is absolutely nothing that can stop you from eventually destroying that tank.
  9. ShineOut

Hey look, another thread. " Eats popcorn "
  10. XenoxusPrime

First off I am not going to waist stealth for proximity radar unless i am using an AI load out. Second whether or not there are ways to combat C4 users it still does not change the fact that it is still the most powerful consumable in the game by a large margin. It makes no sense that a little John Rambo with C4 is the best option for taking out vehicles with tank mines close behind, both having the ability to insta-gib almost any vehicle they touch. Also whether or not you have good awareness it does not take much for a drifter jet fairy to float above you without being caught and drop the bricks of death on your vehicle.

P.S.- I mentioned tank mines in this post but i also forgot to mention the major bug going on with them where they glitch under the ground with no way of combating it.
    • Up x 2
  11. JohnGalt36

I am playing as a C4 fairy right now and it is hilariously cheesy. I'm just going to post a video compilation when I'm done if the cheese doesn't clog my hard drive.
  12. ShineOut

Should be there at hollowing with jump pads when there are parked prowlers in the middle of the field. 1 man army much?
    • Up x 1
  13. XenoxusPrime

Paqu did a couple videos of that and the majority of his kills involve taking out two tank at once, a couple clips shown him kill 3 with just TWO bricks of C4.
    • Up x 2
  14. JohnGalt36

LOLOLOLOL, C4 is hard, guyz.
  15. Crayv

You do realize that you spent more resources than the MBT was worth right? You are going to run out of resources before he does, especially if it's an MBT where the gunner and the driver both have certed out MBTs and just take turns pulling them.
  16. JohnGalt36

Does that even matter? They died, I got two kills, I don't track my resource/kill ratio.
    • Up x 1
  17. JohnGalt36

Well, I got a good 11 C4 kills and more vehicle kills (it's hard to tell if they're occupied) on that little run. I'll put them all in a video to showcase the cheese.

I felt bad, many were just rolling through a deserted plain. Suddenly, a wild C4 fairy appears, he uses RMB RMB LMB, IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!
    • Up x 2
  18. Dennisz125NC

Think you have a problem with c4,talk to the guys who play bf3 and bf4(mainly tankers) and CoD

I'm a bit surprised, out of all my gameplay in ps2 including beta,no one put 2 c4s(150 Nantes) on flash(50 nantes) or turbine (150 Nantes) and drive to amorer vehicle (250-450 Nantes)
    Jeep stuff anyone
  19. Taemien

I'd like to see one of those videos. I've asked for this in other threads based on this topic and usually the topic dies as they have nothing to show. In reality I think they do, but are disinclined to show it due to what it actually shows.

The way I see it, if I get blown up by C4 from 600m up and they nailed me while moving, accounting for the trajectory and server latency.. they deserve the kill. This has rarely happened to me however, if ever. All of my C4 deaths in a vehilce have been because of 1.5x zoom and sitting a little too long.

Aka -MY- Fault.
    • Up x 1
  20. JohnGalt36

Once I get a good video from my tank's perspective I will post it. I nailed quite a few moving targets today without them ever seeing me. It's really not hard with drifters.