Does anyone use a joystick (PC) for flying?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Unadude, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Unadude

I am trying to get into the flying. I have pulled a Reaver a few times.

I see the software allows for a joystick?? I am thinking of maybe going that route.

Anyone else doing this? Recommendations on a joystick?
  2. joeski

Tried a joystick for a few days but it was horrible compared to the keyboard and mouse.
    There's no getting away from the fact that a mouse is just more precise than any controller/stick.
    The stick I bought (for this purpose) was about £30 from Scan, can't remember the name of it but it came highly recommended for flight sims and had enough features and buttons to do the job.
    I'd recommend slogging at the keyboard and mouse a while longer before making my mistake.
    Good luck :)
  3. Unadude

Thanx for the response.

I was kinda mad that I went into the VR to try out the Reaver and I crashed (and exploded) the darn thing twice and the "Suicides" ended up on my Stats.

Really?? I thought this was the WHOLE part of the VR? Anything I do in VR should NOT

- Give me any points
    - Should NOT go against my K/D ratio

Of COURSE I'm gonna crash the thing. I had no idea what I was doing.

And ti top it off..I find the whole "Holodeck" looking lines to be annoying. Do they really need to be there??

Well, I can at least be in the game now and get into one and fly pretty steadily from point
    A to point B but I cannot get into a dog fight with anyone. Yet anyway. I am always getting
    fired on by Scythes. Oh well.
  4. tijolo

1- VR doesn't track stats.
    2- Why would you care?
    3- If for some reason it did and it wasn't a misunderstanding it was a bug.
    4-Dogfighting is 70% Dodging the enemy shots mostly with vertical thrusters and, of course, leading the shots enough to always hit. While the reaver has the biggest hitbox and should be the easiest ESF to hit it also has the best vertical thrusters and highest DPS last time I checked. But it is also "heavy" and it takes more effort to brake so careful for the scenery when dogfighting. I started with the reaver too and my worst enemy was Auraxis itself. :p
  5. Unadude

All I know is on my killboard it showed the 2 "Suicides" and in the VR it told me "Stop killing myself"..
    I'm in the VR. I should be able to kill myself 100 times without it showing on my killboard or the game
    telling me to quit. doing it.

Yeah, I am getting a better hang of the Reaver the more I use it. I prefer to be in 3rd person most of the time which helps.

Oh..I'm trying to get my K/D ration up..some people don't care about it. But, I would like to see mine higher.

I don't think it's a crime :)