[Suggestion] Why is the default class LA, and not selectable?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by ZZYZX, Apr 10, 2015.

1. ZZYZX

No offense to the LA fans out there, but I do not like the LA class, and I never play it. I do, however, play MAX and Engy quite a lot.

Something that's irked me from day 1 is that when you die as a MAX, you don't go back to your last non-MAX class you played...you don't go back as your most common non-MAX class...but you respawn as a Light Assault, with no options to change that. For me, it's a waste of time as I need to immediately change again to a class I actually play.

Why not create some other option for respawn after dying as a MAX? Automatically respawn as last class played would be nice. Automatically respawn as the class you have the most game hours with would be nice. Having a selection would be nice.
    • Up x 8
  2. patoman

3. Skiptrace

How can you not like LA? (Just asking)

Back to the thread at hand... It's probably a hard coded thing, probably would take some time to fix, so they haven't done anything with it. But, yes it would be a nice addition. As I play HA and MAX a good bit.
  4. baka

We have wondered about this since it all started. If they don't allow us to set a default, at least they could auto select the class you play the most. I only grab LA when I have a reason to go somewhere odd - mostly when I see a spawn beacon that everyone else is ignoring.
  5. Flamberge

I would definitely support this.

Also add something so that you can choose which continent you spawn on by default, and maybe even set up a line of succession. So when I spawn, it will try to spawn me on Esamir. If it is locked or there is a queue, it will try to spawn me on Indar, then Amerish, and then on that forsaken cesspit of fps drops, Hossin.
    • Up x 1
  6. Skiptrace

If you have FPS Drops on hossin, you must have a rock for a computer, even my toaster of a laptop gets 35 FPS on hossin... and my Desktop's lowest ever on hossin was 45.
  7. Flamberge

Nope, I don't have a rock.
    More like a small pebble.

But even if performance was not an issue, I prefer other continents.
  8. Vorpal_Spork

Agreed.
  9. Drag0

yes plz let us pick a default setup
  10. Quiiliitiila

Agreed, but this would require them actually working on the game... Which is looking more and more doubtful. :(
  11. IronMouse

It's not only about classes. It's about spawn points as well. I click the point I want to spawn to, waiting for the timer count down, and in the meantime I get "redirected" to another spawn point. I notice this most of the times, but sometimes I accidentally spawn somewhere I didn't plan to.

Also, sometimes, even if I select the right spawn-point, the game spawns me at a random location on a map. Even inside the terrain, on some occasions.

Not to mention how irritating the UI on a map screen is, depending on availability of spawn points. It contracts and expands, so when i double click on an available spawn point, it has changed in a split second at the exact moment of my click, spawning me where I never wanted to go in the first place.
  12. Maxence822

check out the updated roadmap! :)
  13. Ryme Intrinseca

We have this same problem on PS4. The only time you'll see me in the LA suit is when I'm changing out of it or getting spawn camped. Hence my LA KDR is <1 :(