[Vehicle] So... We're not getting new ES secondaries...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

Well I'm not sure what I expected, I haven't seen anything new since the ranger came out (all the good it does for the 4 people that use it) and tanks have only been nerfed since...

I have no idea whats in this september "re-release", but for gods sake show tanks some love.
  2. Ianneman

Meh, the Prowlers Harrasser-style Vulcan niche will get ****** if NC and VS get similar weapons.

They won't be adding ES guns, they will be removing the niches and evening everything out across the board. Everybody has Sarons, everybody has Enforcers, everybody has Vulcans, just with different names and animations.
    • Up x 3
  3. Liewec123

sure this will make vanguard the CQC god of tanks, but prowlers (which are already the long range rulers) will become the long range gods when they have a saron/enforcer equivalent :D
    • Up x 2
  4. xSalt

It is a mistake to make re-skinned versions of the ES weaponry. Plain and simple, a mistake.
    • Up x 5
  5. Zombo

i mostly don't bother with the Magrider right now anymore, just yesterday was in a zergplatoon, a squadmate jumped into my AI magrider into the PPA and instantly left

recked up about 20-25 kills with the PPA on a solo mag, so jokes on him, but i'm just going Viper lightning/Skyguard/AP Lightning from that on, faster, lower profile, and decent AV and AI capability with the viper, so basically no downsides compared to the slow lumbering "hit me" sign that is the magrider
    • Up x 3
  6. FieldMarshall

They should stop beating around the bush and just make everything available to everyone.
    It seems to be what they are eventually going for.
    • Up x 1
  7. 0fly0

They are going to delete the air gameplay, all the tank in the world are going to be free!!!
  8. Quiiliitiila

Magrider's going to have their insane speed and strafing nerfed, their main gun velocity is going to be lowered and the Saron will get bullet drop and higher CoF bloom.

Why? Because the Magrider is clearly out preforming the other tanks, and because reasons.

;)
  9. JohnGalt36

I'm pretty indifferent to the new MBT secondaries being added or not, I just don't want them put on harassers, and I would like the Vulcan fixed on the harasser.

PS2 Logic-
    Problem: Vulcan-H OP
    Solution: Give everyone a Vulcan
    • Up x 5
  10. JohnGalt36

I use the Ranger! I don't get many kills with it, but it's great for annoying ESF's who try to be funny by diving down straight on top of me. I pretty much only pull it when I'm solo, but my outfit-mate got quite a few Mossy kills with it last night when I accidentally pulled Ranger instead of Halberd.
  11. Scr1nRusher

They are being worked on.

Also the Main reason why the Vulcan H has been OP is because its damage model is the exact same as the Prowler Vulcan.

The Vulcan H should really be doing instead of 167 damage, 143 damage.
    • Up x 2
  12. Mythologicus

• Up x 1
  13. WetPatch

Can i interest you in a Hat? Because that's the only content this game is seeing. I've a nice NS one in the back that should be your size.
  14. Mythologicus

Damnit, I just edited my post since I recalled myself (and my friend) had been much more articulate in the past. Oh well.

Y'know, that'd be fine with me. I don't really want anything changed, 'cause despite what people think things are pretty alright for balance. :p

Except for Galaxies. They're freaking OP.
  15. WetPatch

I understand where your coming from, im just in the boat that we havent had anything game chaning in such a long time that i just want anything at this stage.

Can i gets a hug lol.
    • Up x 1
  16. Deffington

That's not true. They both have same damage on very close range, but Vulcan on Harraser is useless after few meters. I don't know why are people whining about it. We actually have to get close to you and then empty the whole mag - please stand still for all that time.

Also TR got only close range weapons, Marauder being very close to Fury. On the other hand, you can use Enforcer and Saron on any range with positive result.
  17. JohnGalt36

Top LEL. A harasser can sneak up behind an MBT and melt through his rear armor before the tank can pivot and land three shots on him. Sure, there are easy to beat harassers, the ones that just park behind you and hope for the best, but there is simply no way to counter a good Vulcan harasser in a tank despite the fact that tanks should absolutely annihilate a stupid buggy up close. A Harasser should do just that, harass. It should have to be mobile and harass from a distance. It currently is a small tank that can go toe-to-toe with any other tank in the game. That's not "harassing."

As for "standing still all that time," you realize how slow a Vanguard is, right? There is no physical way you can move or turn out of the way before the Vulcan dumps its whole mag. If properly approached, there is no counter.

Drive a Vanguard against TR for a while and tell me Vulcan-H isn't broken. It is the most absurdly broken thing in the game. I'd say they are even worse than libs, and they are what, half the cost? All TR needs is two Vulcan harassers to completely clear out any number of enemy armor.

I would actually be OK with leaving the Vulcan-H and adding more ES secondaries with the Vulcan's damage model, as long as harassers' HP reflected the fact that they are a mobile buggy. They should be on fire after an AP round and dead after two, regardless of armor.
    • Up x 3
  18. Scr1nRusher

Compare the stats

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/G30_Vulcan

Also The Harasser variants of both the Saron & the Enforcer do less damage then the MBT counterparts.
    • Up x 2
  19. 0fly0

Don't care about es secondary or thing like that, i just want hp buff or reducing air damage, i'm ******* tired of getting instakill by skillberator.
    Btw if good tanker see this if you have advice for avoiding liberator and thing like that i'm listening, i have absolutly no problem against infantry and tank but the air gameplay just piss me off so much.
    For now i just stick with a lot of players around me, avoiding the low pop fight.
  20. JohnGalt36

1) Hear Lib approaching from rear
    2) Apply LibLube™
    3) Bend over
    4) Get rekt
    5) Pull another tank.

Liberators are broken. Nothing you can really do other than stay under cover or among tons of flak. Even then, though, they can generally pelt you with Daltons and fly away unharmed.
    • Up x 2