How would you buff the NS-15M to compensate 0.75 ADS being removed off of it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Lets figure out some ideas.
  2. ShineOut

So it's come down to this. Well a damage buff then. It's already stable and accurate as hell, has the movement speed to compensate it's lack of damage.
  3. CorporationUSA

It's not being removed though, is it?

Aside from buying it with cash and using it on all characters, what would be the point of the weapon?
  4. FateJH

I wouldn't remove the NS-15M's 0.75 ADS to begin with.
    • Up x 7
  5. SwornJupiter

I would bump up the fire rate by maybe 30-40 rpm, ans give it 5 more bullets - to total 60 per magazine :p
  6. WeRelic

My take on this whole .75 ADS thing is that the ADS speed needs to be either removed entirely, or it should be tied to your weapon's weight/mobility stats ( not sure which it's called ), so that there is no more "class" of .75ADS weapons, they'd all be slightly different, some faster, some slower.

To humor you though:
    I would increase it's damage slightly to compensate for the CQC speed that it's losing. Not too much, but enough to be noticeable.
    • Up x 1
  7. Iridar51

They could further improve handling, like reduce/remove recoil angle and recoil angle variance, as well as horizontal tolerance if that thing even does anything. That wouldn't affect close up performance of the weapon, but increase maximum effective range, which is a boon for an LMG.

I'm not fond of how they think about changing maximum damage range for LMGs. I think all LMGs should have longer maximum damage range of 15-20m, not just a select few.
  8. Crayv

TR would love the option of another 167 damage weapon. The NC not as much (but they already have a great LMG selection).
  9. AlterEgo

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's 17 times more controllable than any VS LMG (which is "supposed" to be a VS thing, but traits don't exist in this game anymore), so why does it require anything in return?
    • Up x 2
  10. Jubikus

Im TR so i would like a 200 round magazine and a larger reserve ammo pool.
  11. Ronin Oni

It HASN'T come down to this.

Not once have I heard mentioned from a DEV that they'll be removing .75 from the NS LMG.... only the BG, Orion, and SVA-88

This is just yet another push to remove all .75 ADS from the game (when really all carbines should be given it)
  12. ShineOut

I meant the forums. It's came down to this thread, I was waiting for it, just knew it would only be soon until the next box of salt comes in.
    • Up x 2
  13. Mythologicus

This is an NS weapon. It has NS traits. If you change almost anything about this weapon or any other NS weapon at all, it may as well just be another faction clone. I don't know why you'd modify this weapon specifically to begin with, as it's not exactly the best at anything except mid-range plinking.
  14. warMOOSE

take 0.75 off the Orion then ffs...QUEUE VANU TEARS
  15. Ronin Oni

My bad, carry on.
  16. Ronin Oni

It already is being removed from all VS LMG's that have it.

It's annoying but accepted largely.

Still hoping they put all the attachment options on it the MSW-R has though since it's pretty much a duplicate on PTS now (with the standard trade of velocity for no-drop... FWIW the 25mps velocity is generally preferred IMO, but neither matters much for CQB lmg, which is why soft-point ammo is so good for them, and what new .5 ADS Orion is missing that other CQB LMG's have... and is quite a big deal indeed, arguably as big a deal as faster ADS strafing.)
  17. orangejedi829

Right, they should also definitely not implement the compensation buffs to the Orion when they remove its 0.75 ads because really, why does it require anything in return?
  18. Ronin Oni

I'd make LMG's all .5 ADS speed, all AR's .6, and all Carbines .75

SMG's should have 1.0 ADS since it's mostly useless to ADS with them anyways.

Scout rifles should have .6, any sniper rifle bigger .5 (could go .75 and .6 maybe... these are all just basic conceptions... BASRs would be .5 then though)

What am I missing... Battle Rifle? .6 Archer? same.

Set ADS speed by weapon class IMO. Balance within from there. ADS move CoF bloom is a good way to balance weapons meant to be used on the move better than others, and there are plenty of other stats to tweak.

I'd only do it this way to try to reduce all the whining.
    • Up x 9
  19. Iridar51

NS isn't a faction, it doesn't have to have traits. It's perfectly acceptable to treat on an item per item basis.
    I don't need to remind you about Valkyrie weapons, right? The AV chaingun and wireguided rocket launcher. Not exactly NS traits.
    • Up x 2
  20. FieldMarshall