[Vehicle] Walker harraser?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by God Of Plutonium, Aug 5, 2015.

1. God Of Plutonium

I was reading up on the original planetside and saw that the skyguard was mounted on a very light, very fast buggy, that could give chase to aircraft for a short time, and i was wondering, as anyone tried relpicating that using a harasser with the speed chassie, and a walker in planetside 2? This combination seems like it could be very potent, making AA more than just a deterent, and actually able to chase after air vehicals. Before me and my freinds try this i was just wondering if anyone else has, and has any comments on it.
  2. JohnGalt36

I've heard that it's probably the best/most annoying thing you can do to Liberators.
  3. God Of Plutonium

ever actually done that before?
  4. JohnGalt36

Nope. My only Harasser experience is with a canister. I have been told while complaining about Libs that I should pull a Walker Harasser, though.

Most of the time, I'm going solo, so it usually isn't even an option for me.
  5. ronjahn

I've done it a few times and it's definitely viable. I personally don't have fun playing in an AA role so I don't have a ton of experience with it.

Here's a video I found in a few seconds of searching YouTube:

I think there are some videos of it hidden in the depths of the forums as well but couldn't locate them.
  6. Pikachu

♫ Walkrasser f*k yeah! Coming to you to save your m-f*king day now! Valkrasser f*k yeah! AA is the only way yeah. Pesky libs your game is through, cause now you'll have to answer to valkrasser! F*k yeah! ♪
    • Up x 2
  7. CNR4806

Could be very viable due to the Harasser's speed making it difficult to Lib gunners, but it's even more of a one-trick pony than the Skyguard due to the Walker's depression limit of 0 degrees.

The Walker is, after all, much less frustrating to use compared to any flak weapon due to its 1000 m/s velocity and superior accuracy.
  8. WinchesterLock

I run it pretty often. They are highly effective against base-camping liberators. They are also quite good at running off galaxies.
  9. God Of Plutonium

when you actually did it what loadout did you use? just wondering
  10. Archiadus

• Racer
    • Fire Suppression
    • Stealth
    It also helps to have your turbo maxed out.

Pros:
    • Taking down air with an Harasser is a lot of fun.
    • Hardly anyone expects you to be an AA harasser, this can easily be used to your advantage.
    • You're fast so you can usually keep up or at least track down your target.
    • There's a million places to hide and attack from.
    • The Walker does great damage if your aim is steady.
    • Galaxy pilots will often try to ram you, more often than not leading to hilarious situations.
    • Hate tells
    Cons:
    • You're driving on the ''road'', be prepared to flip over randomly.
    • The landscape can and will get in the way of your kills.
    • You're easily taken out by decent AV Harassers.
    • Galaxy crews can be your best friend but also your worst enemy.
    • If you're not that great at aiming you'll have a lot of trouble with ace pilots and their whacky movements.
    • At some point you're bound to piss off the wrong player, always be on the lookout for air-squads trying to destroy you.
    I feel proud for getting that reference. :)
  11. ronjahn

Chassis: Racer - I use this on all my harasser setups anyway, but it definitely helps when chasing air.
    Defense: Stealth - its important to stay discreet when chasing air behind enemy lines or trying to stay unnoticed from AV equipped infantry and vehicles.
    Utility: Fire Suppression, and Smoke. Use whichever you like best.

Walker: Max zoom, Mag size, as much ammo as you can afford
  12. oberchingus

Walker harassers are great. I won't bore you with why I think so too because everyone here already has. What I will do is share this Walker Ops video which my outfit did once:

And suggest you check out the Harasser subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/harasser/ for all your PS2 harasser needs.

Cheers!
  13. LodeTria

I've done it quite a few times, normally when air is being a **** and it's time for some revenge feels. Gets even better if you put an AA max in the back. It's extremely viable on esamir and northern indar, but is quite the challenge on amerish & hossin.

My prefer'd loadout on the harasser itself is:
    Fire Suppression
    Nanite Auto Repair
    Racer

Backseat max has:
    Nanite Auto Repair

Why NAR? I hear you ask. Mostly because air is going to see you no matter what with their superior vision of the battlefield so stealth isn't really doing anything for you. NAR allows you to take the minor damage ESF's are going to do to you as they come in for the kill, and once they die or dis-engage NAR allows you to keep moving and not have to stop for repairs which is when you are most vulnerable. Stealth does stop you appearing on the mini-map which is useful, but you shouldn't really be 100m near an enemy vehicle if you can help it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ronin Oni

Dual Walker sunderer's with Blockade are actually the best for cost and manpower.

Nearly as fast, but a metric ton of HP and twice the firepower with only 50% more players.

Harassers do have an advantage in being a smaller and more maneuverable target though.

For convoy protection though, Dual walker ammo and repair sundies.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ronin Oni

Yeah, I think that's the overall best for manpower actually :p
  16. LodeTria

It can become expensive nanite wise if you loose them too often, which can happen sometimes mostly from AV rassers or heavy air. Mostly because of the max.
  17. Ronin Oni

hah yeah, the MAX costs 3x more than the Harasser!

AA convoy busses can pack a couple AV HA's in them to man the guns with an engie driver in case they get caught out by armor.

2 man bus is also better than 2 man harasser, as driver can seat swap to double the AA power, even while cruising straight on a straightaway (better than full stopped if actively engaged, though obviously lacking maneuvers during the boost... but mostly when you start waiting for an ESF/Lib to enter into "kill range " while stopped, open fire, then when needed driver hops seats to start evading.
  18. Liewec123

i use walker on my harasser when air is annoying me,
    i find it so much better than flak which uselessly sprays bullets at half of the sky.

you won't be soloing any libs (unless they're terribad) but you can really chew up ESFs.

plus you don't need a gunner, just find a good spot and get shooting!
  19. placeholder22

My recommendation is a dual walker (or Walker + Basilisk - Kills Liberators just as much dead, weaker against ESFs though, but can defend itself against various ground threats without repositioning) with the stealth bubble. Needs 2 people to operate. Just park it somewhere with good view of the sky.

There's nothing that makes an ESF or Lib crew fill their pants with brown goo faster than suddenly, out of nowhere, getting DPSd out of the sky from 20 m under them. With Blockade, the Lib can try sneaking up on you and the Tank Buster still outDPSes you.
  20. Mongychops

As general AA, the best value is a double Walker Sunderer. It is very powerful,mobile, can have extra utility (AMS/squad spawn, prox repair/ammo), and hard to kill for most air.

However the big advantage of the Walker Harasser is that nothing on the ground can chase down a well driven Racer/Max Turbo Harasser, so you can go behind enemy lines safely, and catch enemy air when it is retreating.