Rework the VS and TR arsenal

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Aug 4, 2015.

1. UberNoob1337101

The title says it. These two arsenals lack variety either in their general purpose arsenal or in their ES arsenal. Also a wall-o-text warning.

THE TR

The TR's general purpose arsenal is perfectly OK, but the ES arsenal is complete trash and leaves TR players at the mercy of armor zergs.

STRIKER

The community yelled and talked so much about making Striker long-range AV but what we got was a marginally less useless Striker that doesn't do much. I would still pull a G2A launcher because it is better and for the same exposure time I shoot one high damaging rocket that is almost guaranteed to hit instead of few missiles flying about and doing barely any damage and being really really red.

I'd like if it got a revamp, but I think that is rather impossible at the moment. So in order to make it viable, tighten up the CoF when hip-firing, remove it completely while standing still and ADS, significantly reduce it if you ADS and move and maybe also buff the velocity a bit from 220 to 250, so you have an easier time actually hitting stuff with it.

FRACTURES

How did they stay this broken and useless for this amount of time is beyond me. Simply buff their damage, give them no projectile drop, improve projectile velocity drastically and give them a coyote effect that tracks ground vehicles. Sounds OP? Ravens have insane DPS and 100% accuracy while Vortexes have sniper rifle velocities with great damage.

T4 AMP

TR has got solid sidearm options but T4 AMP is an useless downgrade to the Repeater. Give it identical damage, recoil, CoF bloom and reload and bump it's magazine size to 24 rounds or leave it the same 21 rounds. This way it trades accuracy for faster TTK.

CRAP-M1

It hasn't got a buff when the Burst-fire buff happened. Just buff it's recoil a bit, so it is more controllable and make the 2x burst fire worth using.

MOSQUITO

Yes, it is completely inferior to the Scythe and the Brick (a nick name of the Reaver). Nose cannon TTK is much slower in comparison to the Scythe and the Brick, A2G nose cannon (over-nerfed banshee) is trash and there is no real redeeming quality about it.

LOCKDOWN

Makes you stand still and generally extremely vunreable for a benefit that is rather meh. Revamp it into something useful please.

Everything else in the TR arsenal is perfectly fine or can use an extremely minor dakka buff (because more dakka).

THE VS

Even though the ES arsenal is fun to use and overall really good, the general purpose arsenal (ARs, Carbines, SMGs, pistols, LMGs) is trash. Too many guns share too many similarities with each other (Ursa and Flare, Pulsar LSW and SVA-88, VX6-7 being super identical to Serpent in the way they are used, Cerberus being a copy-pasted downgrade of Rebel, Manticore being a copy-paste of Mag-shot, Terminus is a copy-pasted Carnage AR and HV-45 is a copy-pasted GR-22, CME is a copy-pasted and weaker NS-11A)

...While others are just crap (Corvus is in every single aspect worse in comparison to Reaper DMR, Cerberus is worse than Rebel, Eridani being crap in comparison to Cyclone and Farmistice, CME is worse in comparison to NS-11A, ZOE is trash.

In the end, this is the summary:
    All VS Carbines are perfectly usable and don't feel or play like downgrades, but VX6-7 and Serpent are too similar to each other.
    3 out of 5 VS full-auto Assault Rifles are usable and aren't downgrades, while only 1 is unique.
    3 out of 6 VS LMGs are perfectly usable and don't feel like or play like downgrades, while there is only one LMG that is actually unique/different from all others (Including other faction equivalents).
    Eridani is completely inferior to Farmistice and Cyclone while Sirius is a copy-pasted Blitz.
    3 out of 4 VS pistols are perfectly usable but 2 out of 4 are unique.

Conclusion : VS LACKS VARIETY!

Remove the Scythe, remove the Swagrider, remove the MAX and about 3/4 out of all guns are usable and aren't downgrades, but less than 1/2 out of all VS guns are actually unique and different, a great example being LMGs, where only the Lasher is actually unique and different than other LMGs (I'm not counting Orion or SVA-88 because they are getting their 75% ADS removed), the Carbines are an exception where almost all are different and all of them are useful.

So, DBG, how do you explain this state of affairs? VS is practically a one/two-gun faction while TR has almost no way of dealing with enemy armor at any range beyond 40m and has next to no interesting weapons.

It's why I've stopped fighting and playing VS, because outside of the Orion or Pulsar VS1 or Beamer/Spiker or Sirius or all carbines you have an arsenal full of trash and weapons that are completely inferior to their counterparts unless you exclusively use the good stuff or punish yourself for a directive weapon that is better than 90% of the arsenal. When fighting them, I constantly use the same tactics because they all use the same guns and end up farming VS easier than NC.

It's why everybody uses the Orion, because it's the only good LMG in comparison to alternatives, it's why everybody uses the Pulsar/Terminus/HV-45, because other options are trash, it's why I've personally only used the Beamer and occasionally the Spiker, because other options are copy-pasted NC sidearms with one of them being inferior (Or I just use the Commissioner/Underboss) and it's why every single VS MAX uses charge, because ZOE is less useful in every single way (by making you a glowing cert pinata with less health).

I don't care if you nerf the Orion/Betelgeuse and SVA-88, it's not even an issue for me, 0.75 ADS for LMGs is silly in general, but until you make the entire (or at least most) VS general purpose weapons unique and effective and give TR ES weapons the buffs they need and some unique mechanics to them, I'll just stick with all the stuff that is underpowered, because it needs to be shown that it is worthless and needs to be cared for until it's usage and quality has reached an adequate level.

/EndRant, and before any of you NC scrubs say #VanuOP or in extreme cases even #TR OP, please take a look at your arsenal and then look at theirs.

Thanks for reading?
    • Up x 1
  2. Eternaloptimist

I think the Striker is pretty OK since the buff but I won't question the other TR suggestions.

As to VS, well, I find the Solstice carbine pretty good (never played enough engy/LA on VS to want to change). The Orion is universally recognised as THE go-to LMG and recently I have been well impressed with the Polaris for the way its bullets stay closer together for longer than the other VS LMGs (is that Cone of Fire or Bloom? I get mixed up). Sure, they all look pretty similar but..meh.
  3. UberNoob1337101

Striker is pretty OK, but it feels a bit like a downgrade from the lock-on launcher.

VS Carbines are all good and interesting, while in all other categories it's pretty true.

Except for Orion, SVA-88, Ursa or Polaris I haven't found much use for the others and had to force myself trough one or two meh weapons that don't do much and feel like downgrades in comparison to what I've already used.

They don't just look like each other, they literally play like each other. Pulsar LSW is a downgrade in comparison to SVA-88, or take Flare and Ursa, Flare is less effective in comparison to Ursa and plays too much like Ursa. Or the cross-faction examples which there is too many of. Orion is literally MSW-R after the removal of 75% ADS move-speed, while Terminus is a re-skinned Carnage AR and HV-45 is a re-skinned GR-22, same goes with Cerberus being a copy-pasted downgrade of Rebel, or Polaris, T16 Rhino and EM1 being the same guns.

I could talk for ages, but VS has very few original and unique weapons, which is the main issue with VS IMO. Most things feel like they are taken from TR or NC with a different palette choice.

Thanks for the reply though.
  4. Elaan

Most of the VS arsenal is serviceable. Their crutch weapons are obscuring their objectivity.
  5. Goretzu

6. \m/SLAYER\m/

Monthly Vehicle Deaths > ESFs
    Vehicle Suicide - 155738
    Vehicle Collision - 34430
    M18 Needler - 24252 (12416 / 11694)
    Saron Laser Cannon - 19416
    M20 Mustang - 19231
    Friendly Collision - 16756
  7. UberNoob1337101

Except that vehicle deaths/KPH/SPH/KDR are most inaccurate stats in general. M18 Needler TTK is slower than both Saron LC and M20 Mustang and M14 Banshee is worse than both Light PPA and Mustang AH.
  8. Goretzu

The Needler peforms fine:
    M18 Needler | Q4 KPH | Daily Average: 12.07
    M20 Mustang | Q4 KPH | Daily Average: 11.77
    Saron Laser Cannon | Q4 KPH | Daily Average: 12.25

I cannot see how you can have any complaints there realistically.

The AH is worse than the LPPA, but equally the Banshee was seriously outperforming them both for YEARS - that's not to say I think "revenge balance" is a good idea, but equally the current Banshee is underperforming closer to the current AH than the old Banshee overperforming to the AH. The LPPA is has always performed well.

Old Banshee:
    M14 Banshee | Q4 KPH | Daily Average: 66.54
    Light PPA | Q4 KPH | Daily Average: 62.25
    M30 Mustang AH | Q4 KPH | Daily Average: 47.74

New Banshee:
    Light PPA | Q4 KPH | Daily Average: 55.68
    M30 Mustang AH | Q4 KPH | Daily Average: 46.55
    M14 Banshee | Q4 KPH | Daily Average: 32.13

It does need some sort of buff, just so long as it is not back the old ridculous days.
  9. Isokon

Cone of fire describes the spread of your projectiles at any given moment, bloom determines how fast the CoF increases (per round fired).
    The Polaris has identical initial CoF and bloom to the other VS LMGs in the 143 dmg tier. The reason you might feel that it's more accurate is likely because it also has a slower rate of fire, so the CoF blooms slower over time. On the other hand, the slower RoF makes it deal less damage over a certain period of time.
  10. dngray