ZOE idea

Discussion in 'MAX' started by deathix12, May 17, 2015.

1. deathix12

when taken on the vanu i aways had the idea that they went for more reach the RPM or DMG so should'nt there MAX do the same ?

do you guy think it would be a good idea insted of the ZOE system increasing DMG maybe it should increase accruccy instead so there MAXs' have more of a role then just crashing ?

i dont know much about the Vanu MAX cuz i dont play it, but iv fought them enough times to see were they lack

P.S in know that thay were OP awhile back but it dont really know what made them OP in the first place
  2. Leivve

But aren't their weapons already really accurate? Just change out ZOE with a Iron Man style laser beam.
  3. Colinljx

They weren't OP in terms of damage output vs resistance reduction, just more massive used compared to the other two because of the speed boost. Bonus damage together with added mobility for a max to be able to do more hurting and chase down escaping targets was too much to handle for some players, and abuse by 4th faction players made it worse.

Personally, I'd prefer to see the PS1 jump jet instead of ZOE (whether pre-nerf or post-nerf).
  4. Steza

Second jump jetting max's we're all about mobility give us the ability to be super mobile. :D
  5. coldguy111

Make it so that the max gradually loses health overtime as a consequence of the zealot overdrive engine instead of taking more damage. Increase the damage range tweak the speed minisculy. Add a mechanic the longer the zealot overdrive engine is used the faster the health loss but damage increases with its loss. A delay in switching off zoe. Engineers can't repair the max while zoe is active. A timer before zoe can be used again. Once zoe is turned off the player has to start from square one.
  6. Quiiliitiila

ZOE was only useful back in the days when it gave an OMNI directional speed boost. The damage boost has never been useful, it generally only equates to one less bullet to kill and then it's only within a certain range. The only thing we liked about ZOE was the speed and extra agility we got out of it, the current form of ZOE gives us really nothing.

The forced up-time and added cool down was just unnecessary. ZOE is without fail the worst of the three ES MAX special abilities. Anyone trying to argue against that probably isn't playing the same game. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  7. Moggram

I 2ed this
  8. Moggram

This just pop in my head, what if they turned ZOE into cloaking ability?
  9. Quiiliitiila

The whining would probably be endless, though it would be a cool idea.

I still much prefer the old Jump Jets from PS1, but the devs said they were too OP (coincidentally without letting it be player tested on PTS) and instead made the first iteration of ZOE. We all know how that turned out. Then they let us have that admittedly OP ZOE for MONTHS before nerfing it into what it is today. It's hilarious to think they even believe this ability is balanced in the slightest bit. It's even funnier when I see some sod actually using the thing.
    • Up x 1
  10. Quiiliitiila

I failed to mention the Devs HAD made JJs for the VS MAX unit, but only ever used them on their internal server before scrapping the idea and making the failed ZOE.
  11. Moggram

>Devs HAD made JJs for the VS MAX unit
    be nice if they let us test on the PST.. T.T
  12. Quiiliitiila

My sentiment exactly.
  13. Quiiliitiila

Like I get the arguments against MAX JJs, but it would've been nice if they at least let us toy with the idea for a bit, with community feedback I'm sure a decent medium could be reached so that everyone was happy.
  14. Moggram

My bug thing about MAX JJs, in PS1 it was ok, but now its not.... Y!?