You (dis)like Hossin because...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silversharp, Aug 3, 2015.

1. WinchesterLock

The fact that magriders are able to easily get up on top of nearly every mesa and ridge while none of the other "traditional" tanks are able to is my biggest dislike of Hossin. Although people getting low framerates on Hossin and not wanting to force people to choose between a fight with a good framerate or a fun squad is another issue I've seen.

Personally, since upgrading my computer, Hossin isn't that big a deal, but I still don't like the magrider use on it.
  2. PYROxSYCO

3. CorporationUSA

Air farming on Hossin is easier because the AA is more avoidable, but there are probably less pilots who are able to farm without hitting a tree.

I dislike Hossin because it's far too cluttered and foggy. The fog is one of the things I dislike about Esamir too. The murky greenish-yellowness of everything is pretty ugly too.
  4. Leftconsin

As many people said before I hate the fact that Hossin is littered with choke points. The vehicle play is stymied by it. The bases are designed to funnel people into tight spaces. I hate it.
  5. Matt0193

I seem to get headaches when I'm on Hossin, every other continent I'm fine but I can't play for more than 30-45 minutes on Hossin without having to step away.
  6. MasterDemoman

I love Hossin on my Emerald TR and VS alts, but despise it on Connery.
    Any Connery player probably understands why.
    noone on connery plays hossin, ever
  7. Turekson

Hossin resembles that swampy area near your childhood home. Some days you just loved to stomp out there playing adventurer, pirate or whatever - other days the mere thought of the moist plants, filthy water, frogs and stuff gave you the shivers.

It's like a giant incubator that takes your current mood and cultivates it further. You summed it pretty in your own post. Love those trees, hate those trees.

Most of all Hossin is different, and for that I love it even when I hate it.
  8. Ginjix

I like it mainly for the guerrilla warfare type fights it presents, I think it's obvious that that was the point in the layout anyway. Terrain is unforgiving for ground vehicles, but then again, it's a swamp.
  9. Klabauter8

I dislike Hossin simply because it runs like total sh*t for me. Esamir and Indar is where it's at for me.
  10. travbrad

The only thing I don't like about Hossin is that it can be pretty dead in the off hours, because apparently people want to play Indar for all eternity instead. Hossin is my favorite continent by far and has the most interesting and diverse base design IMO. I suppose it's not as good for camping spawn rooms with your tank but that's not something I want in this game.

I'm pretty sure the fog is for performance reasons more than anything. When Hossin was in beta it didn't have nearly as much fog and the performance was terrible. I'm surprised so many people still have performance issues even with the fog. It runs about the same as every other continent for me.
  11. St0mpy

You (dis)like Hossin because

not enough people play it....otherwise as long as there are significant battles there ill go, I think its an excellent continent.
    • Up x 1
  12. Eternaloptimist

I prefer larger fights than I commonly find on Hossin. And more combined arms vs the more common infantry-only fights on Hossin.

Too many bases (those construction sites?) just seem to be start-at-one-end-and-push-to-the-other layout, or opponents-start-at-opposite-ends-and-meet-in-the-middle

Line of sight is pretty limited compared to other continents which is against my preferred play style.

In other words, Hossin may be fun or not depending on how you like to play the game. For me, a fun fight on Hossin is comparatively rare.

There are exceptions, for example the base where enemy infantry fly in from a launch pad and land on a building roof. I've happily sat and gunned down 20-30 attackers when there is nothing else going on but tactics - it ain't.
  13. Pikachu

I remember the fog density to be just the same on PTS before released. The purpose of the fog is to look pretty and to hide the very short render distance of 1500m. Back on PTS it was 800m up to a week before release when they changed the skyfile (increased render distance, brighter shorter different colored nights, changed color of fog and light and sky texture).
  14. Silversharp

Forced render distance 320m:
    [IMG]

Render distance 500m:
    [IMG]

Dont know if it boosts fps for those gaming potatos users tho (including myself, still testing).
  15. Asageh

LOL, try a forced Render Range of 250m. :D:eek: