[Suggestion] Phasing out 0.75 ADS overtime.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Bearlover

Would be a good idea but , they probably have to replace current directive weapons , as directive weapons will always be an upgrade ( somewhat) of the default starter weapon.

Like an LSW with a heat mechanic
    Or a t9 carv with .75 ads
    Or gd22s that can shoot shotguns that shoot more shotguns
  2. Bearlover

In time you can, yes. Only the best fps player or any game for that matter can adjust their playstyle and still be able to drop targets easily.

If no, maybe cuz one refused to adjust, and cry all and talk crap all day in their tanks bragging their kdr cuz 420quickscopeyoloswagMLG4lyfequickscopexxxx
  3. ATRA_Wampa-One

I do well with well balanced weapons.

The Zenith is not a well balanced weapon, the Jaguar is but they're both 0.75 ADS weapons, and yes I have them both auraxed.

The Serpent is not a well balanced weapon, the lynx is.

My favorite VS LMG is the Flare although that is in no way a well balanced weapon, I would much prefer if it was turned into a GD-22s because god god that thing is amazing.
  4. Scr1nRusher

I think your problem is that your conception of balance is abit flawed and you think everything else is bad compared to a few "goods".

Also you think everything VS has is bad when its actually not.

But going back to the Question......

Without 0.75 ADS can you do well? Yes or No
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

Only if the weapon I'm using is balanced around not having 0.75 ADS.

Also, there are several things that the VS has that are good/great, but there are also several things that the VS has that are bad.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Theres several things about each empire that are good/great and some that are bad that need to be improved.

Also you didn't directly answer the question. It was a simple yes or no.
  7. MarkAntony

I can. it doesn't matter when all you have to do is shot the mans in the head until the mans are dead.
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

No one stat makes or breaks a weapon though, plus you have to know where and when to use something to ensure it's effective. Take for example the Lancer, or even the hated Phaseshift. They're both amazing when you use them when a very narrow range of conditions exist but outside of those very narrow conditions literally anything else will be better.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Can you just answer the question?

Can you do well without 0.75 ADS or can't you do well without 0.75 ADS?
  10. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yes I can provided the weapon is properly balanced around not having 0.75 ADS.
  11. MarkAntony

according to his stats yes he can. his performance is consistent across his used weapons.
  12. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yeah, and if you notice I've only really used weapons that are in the decent to good category on VS.

Also... F.U. man, I'm godlike with the Phaseshift while only slightly above average with everything else.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Then he(and others) shouldn't be stressed at all about 0.75 ADS being removed because 0.75 ADS doesn't even matter to them.
  14. MarkAntony

if it doesn't matter then why is it a huge imbalance that needs to be removed? not.making.any.sense.

I want to keep it in game cause it adds variety. just like different CoF,RoF and damage models/tiers. All that adds variety.
    what I meant is that your stats are always consistent. no matter if you have 0.75 ADS or not.

and not to dampen your mood: your accuracy is indeed good with the Phaseshift. but your KPH is lacking.
  15. ATRA_Wampa-One

For the record, I don't care if 0.75 ADS is taken from the Orion/BG/SVA.

What I care about is the VS not getting a ZOE/PPA in exchange for loosing 0.75 ADS on those weapons which is what is currently happening based on what I've tested on the PTS. Also, because there aren't any solid alternatives to fall back on like charge or the fury/kobalt when it comes to LMG's (except for the NS-15m) it's a huge issue for me.

Not only that, but all stats have pointed to 0.75 ADS being fine... and if it's not broken then why fix it?
  16. Saokeh

As a farm mechanic yes, having endless ammo would suffice playing as defensive as possible. But that does not negate the usage of it with stats. Being able to farm "Bads" doesn't exclude how accurate the thing is in CQC and Mid range with the ADS. K/d yes, that would skew it slightly, but I would say only a select few of BG users benefit from said Heat Mechanic rather than using the Orion until you die. As you wouldnt need to be tethered to an Equip term or ammo with any other gun. My point being the accuracy level the BG is pretty much near the top of the list. The only true difference being that it has 0.75 ads tied to it. Making your survival go through the roof and farming Much much easier.

I can't stress enough the overall stats of the Orion with new players using it. The T9 Carv having Forward grip the recoil isn't as bad as the Butcher. But yet Orion accuracy hsr and k/d are all better than it even though it shares the same rpm and damage profile. ADS speed boosts survivability ultimately letting a player play as aggressive and defensive as theyd like since aggressive mostly means cqc (more opportunity to boost accuracy) defensive (able to boost k/d)
  17. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS + HA shield on and ADSing is broken.

Also The VS LMG's are far from getting a bad deal.
  18. MarkAntony

and why is that?
  19. Scr1nRusher

When a HA with a 0.75 ADS weapon ADS's with the shield on the HA shield movement speed penalty is mitigated.
  20. MarkAntony

and that is "broken"? lol. so what if it is mitigated? they still move like snails. easy to headshot them all day long.