Watch this dude soak up 3,005 damage!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by orangejedi829, Jul 30, 2015.

1. orangejedi829

Yay HA + Overshield + Medkit spam!

I know, my shooting is terrible here. But of the 48 bullets I fired, exactly 15 of them hit (I went through frame-by-frame and counted) and I knifed him for good measure. Assuming bodyshots only, that's a grand total of 3,005 damage! Wow. Such Heavy. Many MLG.
    -_-
    • Up x 1
  2. Joexer

Cool. But you should have had a counter and a "ding" for every hit you got in.

On a more serious note the medkits are a bit ridiculous and the shield is rather good compared to other abilities.
    • Up x 1
  3. orangejedi829

Good idea, but i was too lazy to do any serious video editing on this, lol.
  4. CorporationUSA

You probably should have used your classes' ability to your advantage. If you meet a heavy at the ground level, you'd better at least be more accurate than that.
    • Up x 5
  5. Demigan

he's got a resist shield and there was never a critical hit so there weren't any headshots.
    resist shield does 45% damage reduction, so 1652,75 damage remains. One medkit during your hits and his health would have regenerated more than 600 health. So it's not medkit spam, it's a single medkit that (could have) helped him survive.
  6. ATRA_Wampa-One

Not VS, Not OP
    • Up x 3
  7. orangejedi829

Not the point. Based on the indicated number of hits, he still should have died. A few times over at that.

Wait what? Resist gives you 1600 effective health, and one medkit gives 600+0.45*600=870 health. So that's around 2400 effective health if he was at full health initially, if he used one medpack, and if I scored only body shots. So he still should have been dead by more than 600 damage, based on what was on my screen.
  8. UberNoob1337101

Welcome to the medkit miracle effect. The problem is that either poor coding or a bug allows them to overheal over 500 health, especially with the resist shield. The way medkits work is that as long as your health isn't full, they'll still heal you. So assuming that your sustained DPS is high enough to maintain the medkit effect but low enough so you don't kill him, it worked. He had a resist shield too.

And you should've stayed on high ground, you would have an easier time scoring them precious headshots.
    • Up x 1
  9. Foxirus

Medkits are a bunch of crap right now. You can literally spam them for immunity from any shot that hits that isn't a headshot. Its stupid.
    • Up x 1
  10. Plastikfrosch

for every medkit he uses he gets 900health with the resist shield (500/1-0,45 = 909,1). You should have engaged him from above and not going down at his level. But yes, the medkit needs a cool down.
    And by the way, i watched the video 3 times and i cant see a hitmarker for the knife so you were "only" dealing 2505 damage and he could easy survive that with 2 medkits.
    But you are playing HA yourself. No try to understand how you feel as an cqc infiltrator/stalker or someone with a 30round carbine. It can be a pest if those guys keep spamming medkits until you will run out of ammo. Its a bad joke.
  11. Liberty

Let me ask you a sincere question.

With your self admitted terrible aim (and complete lack of CoF control) do you feel that in a competitive (read player versus player focused) game you should be rewarded for spraying randomly in the general direction of an opponent while diving into the middle of at least 3 enemies?

If yes, do you believe that having the skill bar set so low to churn out a reward is healthy for lifespan of a game rather than setting a higher bar and giving players something to work towards and thus boosting retention times?
    • Up x 7
  12. zaspacer

It's like the ESF vs. ESF duel. Get hit, dodge, Fire Suppression, turn and engage, player with better Aim (and Dodging) wins.

If DBG is gonna keep the bullet dodging meta in the game, they should embrace it: add Matrix/Equilibrium/Aeon Flux animations to the dodging players. Make it look full on gun Kata.

Is there any special way in which I should be using the MedKit in these cases? Right now I just keyboard select MedKit, mouse click to activate, then keyboard select gun... but it's very slow. Do people have it macroed? Or is there some timing that makes the execution better/best?
  13. FateJH

I can't unhear Scr1nRusher's voice, which is bizarre as this medium doesn't lend itself to an aural component.
    My personal answer is: not always, but you shouldn't automatically lose either.

Also,
    You don't mention it but your knife didn't register.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ballto21

Ive heard scrins vice and squadded with him before.

Its deep and smooth, with the general eccentric malaise that the genius possess and the insane lament
    • Up x 1
  15. Mootar

The issue isn't HA shields or medkit spam, the issue is your self confessed horrible aim and the fact you basically just mag dumped in his general direction and hoped for the best while exposing yourself to every other enemy in the area.

No nerfs, adjustments or changes can help you, the only person who can prevent this ever happening to you again is you.
  16. eldarfalcongravtank

at 0:09 he looked like he charged up a Kamehameha for a moment
  17. OldMaster80

For the very first time today I started to think we really have a problem with that. Today I met a HA Vanu stuck behind a bulding, between the wall and the rocks: he was trying to jump to climb and he couldn't basically move left and right. I was only 2 mts from him: I fired at his BACK (he hadn't seen me coming!) with my TORQ Assault Rifle and I was 100% sure to get an wasy kill. He managed to turn and kill me. I took away like his shield and maybe 10% of his hp.

Is it possible that we have a bug where the shield absorbs more damage than it should?
    • Up x 1
  18. CorporationUSA

167*15=2505. Where did you get 3005?

Assuming nanoweave doesn't stack with resist shield(which I don't think it does), that means you dealt 1377.75 damage. If he used a resto kit, he could have gotten an additional 425 health, so that would bring his total health to effective 1425. Leg shots also deal 10% less damage, so they would be ~150.

edit: oh I forgot about the knife slash. Does resist shield work against knives?
    • Up x 1
  19. Demigan

Look at the title and the OP. He claims he dealt 3005 damage because of 15 hits and a knife hit. But the HA has a resist shield, which means he received 'only' 1652,75 damage.

From what I always heard, a medkit heals you to full health, if you get hit in the meantime this is healed as well. So if the guy popped a medkit at the right time he can more than 600 health and survive on one medkit, 2 if you couldn't use it.
    • Up x 1
  20. Liberty

Remember leg hits do reduced damage as well and there were a few of those involved when the dude jumped. Even if the med kit didn't over heal, he wouldn't have done enough damage to kill the guy if he just popped one med kit.
    • Up x 1