When is the Striker coming? I'd love to help.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by HAXTIME, Jul 2, 2015.

1. HAXTIME

The question pretty much says it all. Might I please get a feedback on when should the Striker changes be expected on the test server? I'd be more than happy to test it out and give feedback. I've been a long-time spammer of this weapon in both its current and previous design iterations.
  2. SW0V

Was literally just about to post an identical thread. I want to see what they've done since they opened that dev topic a few weeks ago. I'm itching to know what they're leaning towards doing or what they've decided to do.
    • Up x 1
  3. xMaxdamage

Same here, news plz :)
    • Up x 1
  4. Ryo313

still no answer? >.>
  5. OldMaster80

It's online now I've tested it extensively (if we can call extensive tests on pts, considered the low pop).
    It's slightly better against aircraft due to faster rockets but it might still happen to miss all the rockets because esf are very fast.
    The best part imho is the damage against ground vehicles that now seems to match the other rocket launchers.
    But still remains a dumbfire so hitting fast stuff like harasser will be hard.
  6. Ryo313

[quote="OldMaster80, post: 3228499, member: 60873"]It's online now I've tested it extensively (if we can call extensive tests on pts, considered the low pop).
    It's slightly better against aircraft due to faster rockets but it might still happen to miss all the rockets because esf are very fast.
    The best part imho is the damage against ground vehicles that now seems to match the other rocket launchers.
    But still remains a dumbfire so hitting fast stuff like harasser will be hard.[/quote]

(fml double quote bug?)
    the new striker isn't online yet. and it still shows me the old striker on the PTS... how can you test something thats not there?
    or do i have to download another pts client?
  7. OldMaster80

(fml double quote bug?)
    the new striker isn't online yet. and it still shows me the old striker on the PTS... how can you test something thats not there?
    or do i have to download another pts client?[/quote]

Maybe I'm drunk but rockets on pts are way faster than what we have on live. And it seems to deal more damage... how many rockets do you need on live server to kill a lightning from behind?
  8. Ryo313

ok let's see...
    Live Server VR : 12 rockets
    PTS VR : 12 rockets

don't see any difference there just tested it out in the VR against a lightning from behind same distance.
  9. OldMaster80

Ouch I'm such a loser :(
  10. Ryo313

nah everyone is allowed to make mistakes thats what make us humans

we have still ~2 weeks to go tho
  11. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

Striker changes are on PTS now. - Thanks for testing already!
  12. Ryo313

since when? can you send me a link where it clearly says that the new striker is on the pts? i haven't heard nor read anything about that .
  13. Ryo313

ok the new striker is there but the changes didn't adress the needs...

• Increased damage to ground vehicles
    • Increased initial speed from 50 to 60
    • Increased max projectile speed from 180 to 220
    • Increased projectile acceleration from 0.75 to 1.25
    • Vehicle stealth no longer prevents rockets from seeking
    2 less rockets to kill a Lightning thats about it .
    it feels slightly faster but not sagnificantly to make it a long range AV weapon that was needed.
    as for air... can't really test that one out ( and i don't want to because TR needs a long range AVRL not AA).
    RoF and CoF are still the same.
    it doesn't even have nearly the same range as the phoenix (300m) or lancer (500m) due the fact that the rockets are still going everywhere.

all in all i'm disappointed with the changes i hoped the devs were listening to the community but they didn't :(
    • Up x 1
  14. Shaggath

Try to crouch and trigger each shoot not hold you fire.
  15. Shaggath

The quality is bad but you can see when you are crouch and you tap fire you have pin point accuracy dangerous in short range but for long shot is useful.
  16. Ryo313

to have an even longer exposer time nty the stirker has already the longest exposer time out of all 3 ESRL (pheoneix can be shot from cover so its exposer time doesn't really count)

besides that this doesn't adress the problem the current striker has .
    • Up x 1
  17. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

if a QAA like me says it's there now, you can trust me, no worries.
  18. WarmasterRaptor

The Striker is coming, it's called the NS Swarm :)