Need Help Finding a HA Weapon (Vanu)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kerros, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Kerros

Hey all, I've been trying to figure out a good weapon for my HA which has been something I've been putting off in favor of upgrading my lib with dalton, walker, tank buster etc. etc.

Title says it all. My PERSONAL idea as far as i can figure, is debating the SVA-88 vs N5

But i'm open to other suggestions and appreciate it. If you could, tell me why the gun your suggesting in question, is a good one.

Thanks
  2. Shatteredstar

Probably better to ask in the HA forum really since that is more dedicated to this sort.

The NS-15m is one of the most controllable LMGs you'll ever have the pleasure of using (to quote wrel) but it suffers in fire rate so is not great for close engagement.

Orion is a solid contender in CQC but myself I hate the gun.

SVA is kinda middle range decent gun and isn't a bad choice and plays a good mix of roles.

Ursa is alright, looks nice and isn't a bad gun but more a support fire weapon to lay down fire and not get in the thick of it.

Those are the ones I use when I'm running around on VS.
  3. Thardus

All Lasher, all the time.
  4. IberianHusky

Orion OP. Otherwise, try the SVA-88. The NS-15m is great too for learning how to shoot heads.
  5. QQmore

Use the Orion, it's your starter gun. If you want something gimmicky use the Lasher. Don't forget to unlock your G2A launcher as well.
  6. placeholder22

The absolutely first thing every HA needs to unlock is the G2A launcher. It replaces your standard launcher, but it is more accurate (less drop) and can lock on to air targets, making it the only sane way of fighting air without spending resources.
  7. Noooooch

These are my personal favs for VS Heavy Assault, until I unlocked the Betelgeuse of course.

Orion, 1x, laser sight - close quarters
    Orion, 2x, forward grip - close quarters/medium
    SVA-88, 2x, laser sight, high velocity ammo - close quarters/medium
    NS-15M, 3.4x, forward grip, compensator, high velocity ammo - long range

I disagree. Medkits, nanoweave/advanced shield capacitor, adrenaline shield/nanite mesh generator are WAY more important than the g2a rockets. Max out your armor slot and heavy shield first before splurging on weapons.
  8. Xiad

G2A lockons ought to be considered more of a tool than a weapon, since engaging air isn't something infantry can do all that effectively. If he already has a second Burster, then it becomes less relevant. For everyday outdoors business, it's a great general option for a launcher, as well as being able to threaten ESFs in a pinch. I don't know what it costs now, but anyone that DIDN'T recommend it back when it was 250c didn't know what they were talking about. The more people lumbering about with AA, the better.

I'd argue that personal buffs with armour/shield slot become more valuable when you have the experience to utilise the relatively fine margins of benefits they give. A G2A launcher, even in the hands of a new player, will instantly be effective and give benefits to their entire team in the area. You may personally feel that your maxed upgrades are more valuable to you, but most players won't be up to your standard and won't utilise the same tactics that augment given loadouts. I don't make much use of my G2A now (come to think of it, I barely use HA at the moment), but that's because I focus my efforts into certain methods; either shooting infantry using suitable tactics, or blasting air with a MAX, for instance.

Also, I don't really understand the recommendation of a 3.4x on an NS-15M. I know it's personal preference 'n' all, but in my experience, either you're using the magnification to see targets clearly (in which case, you ought to be using a proper long range weapon) or they are close enough that the burst recoil is still manageable (then a 2x will suffice, unless you enjoy the hilarious jittery recoil). I know it's an excellent weapon at range. One of my favourite LMGs in fact. It's just that 3.4x seems like you are trying to make it do what it wasn't designed for.
  9. placeholder22

Sure get a resto kit, optics, a laser for the orion, and blow 100 certs on Nanoweave and the overshield, but certainly don't max that stuff before getting the G2A. The first *unlock weapon*, before SVA-88 or Polaris (my favorite) or Lasher or Lancer (both useful but situational) should be the G2A Launcher.

If you say any different, I question your sanity and integrity, and call you either crazy or a Mossie pilot slash vanu hating disinfo agent.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ballto21

I i do not play heavy often, even on my apparently god tier VS main.

I would recommend to you the NS-15M. It has a faster reload than most VS lmgs that i can think of, 5 more rounds, slightly lower dps than most, but it is probably the most controllable weapon ive had the pleasure of using, right up there on my list of favorites with the solstice and ns11a/c.

The reason id take it over an orion or SVA, is yes, orion has faster dps and is a very good weapon, but it's very jittery even with a grip i find. The SVA is also really good, i like it, but the FSRM is insanely high and i find it also jitters a lot, even when bursting your shots. Of course, you have to burst your shots with almost any gun, but the NS15s almost non existent recoil allow for larger bursts at range and an all around easy to use weapon for all ages.
    • Up x 1