[Suggestion] The directive reward knife should be better.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Iridar51

Maybe you do. Between balto, scrinrusher and jawarisin, I'm too tired of stubborn lack of intelligence and sense of humor.
  2. Scr1nRusher

What directive weapons are worth using & worth getting?

Now that is a question worth a thread of its own.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Triple person attack.
  4. Regpuppy

Whether the weapons are competitive with the other weapons are one thing. My issue is that you're suggesting a direct upgrade to previous weapons. Which runs counter to this game's sidegrade based system.
  5. Scr1nRusher

But what exactly makes the Directive knife a sidegrade if nothing is performance wise different?
  6. JohnGalt36

While we're on the subject, the vehicle directives should be something better than lumifiber. Lumifiber is horrible. At least give us a banner or something.
  7. Ballto21

• Up x 2
  8. Ballto21

[IMG]
  9. FateJH

Whichever one makes you feel proud to have gotten it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Scr1nRusher

Thats motivational poster worthy.
  11. Pikachu

Balto writes random stuff that is rarely good/interesting. One reads it to see people's reactions. Scr1inRusher writes interesting ideas and he's always so happy to defend their goodness. :) Jawarisin I'm not familiar with.
  12. Jubikus

Honestly the knife could use something not big but something most directives either reward you with something flashy thats shown however a knife is not always shown however if it is better than the origional then it should be minor not a huge jump like doubling the damage.

Also changing it to an activatable knife would deter many players from using it as theres a reason you dont see everyone running activatable knives over standard ones and thats because they are slower and have a smaller hit area than the regular knife so if all you do with your knife is use it for quick knifing making it activatable would be a downgrade for most players.

Now the idea to make it have a slightly longer range is probibly the best on in here and i mean very slightly as having a directive weapon just be blatently better than what its based on already exists my Bighorn .50M is better than a RAMS .50M in damage and bullet velocity but by a minor amount that makes little difference the "trade off" is that you show up on the map from further away which is basically negligible.
  13. Regpuppy

Please stahp changing your goal post. :p

We've already established that directive rewards only need to be competitive with currently existing weapons, in regards to the weapon categories. Being functionally the same as an existing weapon accomplishes this and being flashy/looking different accomplishes the special brag-worthy part of it. It doesn't need to accomplish anything more.

You can argue that you -want- it to do more, but there's no emphatic -need- for it, because of the nature of directives. There's especially no need for it to be stronger, especially since they would run counter to their stated design philosophy being based on sidegrades.

The whole point of directives is E-p33n, full stop.
    • Up x 1
  14. Commando235

Karma it or Throwing Knife I want it.
  15. Ronin Oni

It took a lot of "work" to get my friends to stand there with their alt's reviving each other while I grinded this POS out for HOURS!!!

Gimme OP weapon nao pl0x. I EARNED IT