How _exactly_ does the Point Control Directive work?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coldbeers, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Coldbeers

Sometimes it seems I get credit for just standing around A, B or C without there actually being any fighting in the zone, other times I swear I get no credit at all?
    1. Is there a hidden counter?
    2. Do my kills, friendlies' kills affect this?
    Just trying to get this Directive done. It's kinda bugging me.
  2. cyb_

You get points for being near the control point while it flips to your faction and while guarding it during the time it takes to actually capture the base. Also resecuring a capture point and waiting in its cap radius for the base to be 100% back in your factions hands will give you points.

PS: Dark grey on black, seriosly?
  3. Eternaloptimist

If you hang around a capture point while your faction is counting down to a cap you should get regular little screen prompts saying what point control bonus you get. I believe these are the things that count towards your directive when you get enough to earn a ribbon. I think kills near a cap point earn you bonus xp for the kill rather than anything else but I'm not the expert on that.
  4. Coldbeers

Thanks. No clue how the font happened. I posted the same question on reddit earlier (couldn't seem to log on to these forums at home, said cookies not enabled - they were, on both Chrome and IE) and copy/pasted when I got to a hotel - where mysteriously I could now log on to the forums.
  5. Regpuppy

Copy/pasting from certain sites can cause some weird formatting. Sometimes I have to post it into a notepad and copy/paste that for it to format correctly.
  6. Flamberge

If pasting from a different site on chrome, I always right click and select [Paste as plain text].

Makes it much easier.