Does anyone really know why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nregroepis, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Nregroepis

I have to agree with this. The Terran Republic is almost full of players that do a spin-about or stunt before killing an enemy. Of course, It's because they're skilled, by why only this faction in particular?

Don't get me wrong, you will eventually experience it yourself and there's lots of proof out there. I have 3 characters on all three factions, I did an experiment and when I played as a TR, it seemed as if we were the most organized and experienced faction out of the two other factions, again, according to my experiment.

So, with regards to the quoted paragraph, does anyone really have a clue why this is the way it is? If you disagree, you're free to speak, but I'm dazed and confused and I really don't know why it's like this. I might be wrong, but If i'm not, why?

Thanks in advance.
  2. FateJH

You made a new thread for this reply?
  3. Dualice

Uh... not where you quoted that from but I strongly suspect the poster was being sarcastic.
  4. Demigan

... I don't see any players that do spin-abouts or stunts on NC, TR or VS. 95% prefers to sit at some chokepoint as Heavy or MAX and kill stuff. The remaining 5% doesn't do stunts, they simply work together or use their skills to do some aggressive lonewolfing. No stunting here!

Now the NC might have the least organization, but I don't have a lot of experience with it. Does anyone realize that automatic teamwork is a thing? If the right weapons easily synergize with other parts of the game, teamplay automatically forms around it. Maybe all 3 factions have the same players, only the VS and TR are much easier to synergize with eachother. Now I'm just going to speculate, but Magriders need more teamplay to overcome the enemy, and even in groups it requires little teamwork to keep out of other tanks their way. Prowlers have great firepower against both infantry and tanks, and can much more easily move up with the infantry.
    The infantry weapons could also have something similar. The VS and TR MAX's are great helps for any attack, long and short range. They bring lots of firepower and easily perform tanking or suppress/damage roles. NC MAX's need to move up with their teammates, they don't really help them until they are up close and personal, making it harder to work together as they need more teamwork to pull it off. Aside for MAX's, weapons between different classes might have similar problems. They might be too similar and leave gaps in certain ranges, they might be too different and not complement eachother etc.
  5. Chryvrius

dude i can't believe you took iridar's sarcasm and made it even better, 10/10 20/10 b8/10
    • Up x 3
  6. Nregroepis

Didn't seem THAT sarcastic to me, but OK
  7. Alan Kalane

Well, I got my own theory.
    You see I am an NC main and I consider myself a solid player, but I've tried all the three factions and... there's some truth to it.

See, when I first joined the game I was going to play lonewolf because that's how I usually play most games. Of course I picked the NC, their hard-hitting rebel theme fits lonewolfing best. And that's the problem. It attracts lonewolfs too well. The NC in 90% consists of lonewolf sniper players who never join a squad and if they drive a vehicle they take no gunners or passengers either. That's exactly the way I played the game for a long time. Later on when I realised that this is a team game and you perform best playing in an organised squad I joined an outfit and it was much better, but most NC players never leave that stage of lonewolfing.

Later on I made a TR char... but something was different. I saw multiple Libs in the Warpgate waiting for gunners... and to my surprise I even found one that wasn't squad locked. In the NC that was a rare, rare find. The pilot even added me to his friendlist, this never happened before. Later I found a lonely tank driver who didn't kick me when I manned the turret. He even invited me to a squad and we talked on the voice chat. Then I found a very competent public platoon with actual leadership using voice chat. In just the first day of playing TR. Most impressive

TL;DR
    NC attracts lonewolfs, TR attracts leaders and players looking for cooperation. That's why NC always looses alerts.
  8. Chryvrius

replace everything you said there with VS and then its accurate
  9. Peebuddy

Have you seen the cinematic intro for PS2? Every Tr you see is trying to knife someone.

Not because we're terrible but because we're so MLG and bored with killing people with guns we're forced to try and stab folks.
    • Up x 1
  10. Iridar51

100% true. Working on my second knife montage right now.
  11. ValorousBob

This is a great thread, I expect some very productive discussion to happen here.
    • Up x 2
  12. Necron

I agree with the lonewolf aspect, but really on Connery the VS are the 'dominators', the NC are the "don't cares' and the TR are the "try hards".
  13. Alan Kalane

Honestly VS wins the most alerts only because nobody wants to fight them. They always zerg one facility 96+ to 12 and spam vehicles. Yeah, all the factions zerg but VS is just legendary in this field, so TR and NC prefer to fight each other and have some fun.
  14. Crator

My theory, new players pick the NC to start with. Then, they try other empires and don't look back.
  15. Necron

That's probably at least part of it. Though I played TR first and then switched to NC.
  16. SwornJupiter

NC's generally not very good at effectively distributing their population. This probably stems from a lack of coordination, communication or a lack of leadership initiative.
    Countless times, I have seen NC deploy a 96+ force to resecure a small outpost being captured by a 12-24 squad/platoon, only to concede multiple territories on the other fronts of the continent. By the time they realise what is going on, they've lost a good 5-10% territory during an alert.
  17. Shatteredstar

NC were mobbing up something fierce in the most recent alert, it was like a MAX bonanza all the time...I'm so tired of hearing ravens >.>

But ya, I always kind of shake my head when I see anyone mention "VS zerg all the time" given how many NC were mobbing up on the TR front tonight I'd have to say no, zerging is not a VS trait.

Ended up losing the alert cause NC lost a bunch of territory to VS and we had to divert from the VS front because of the NC horde.
  18. Necron

NC have THE WORST situational awareness. I watched the NC swarm a Tech Plant on Hossin with 60 or 70 guys, but they never saw the 12 VS who back-capped the lattice link to the tech plant. I watched it all play out on the map from in-between the two bases.
  19. FieldMarshall

In my 12 years of playing Terran Republic i have not seen this once.
    Hope its worth the wait. Im super hyped.