Cert Farming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DannyCrowbar72, Jul 17, 2015.

1. DannyCrowbar72

I know this has been asked many times, but I want a direct answer. What are some of the best/fastest ways to farm certs? My goal is to get 1,000 certs in a week or less. I'd prefer to not have to spend money, as I don't have a whole lot of that, or I wouldn't be having this issue, honestly.
  2. CorporationUSA

Do you fly an ESF? Using the anti-infantry nosegun or rocketpods will get you loads of kills. But you'll have to buy one of those weapons to do that.

There are so many ways to farm in this game. Pick HA, find a good infantry fight, snag a good spot, and farm everyone. But how well this works hinges on your ability to get kills and stay alive.
  3. Pikachu

Gunning vehicles. Jump into a mbt and shoot the halberd. Get lots of xp from destroying vehilces and sniping infantry.
    Reapir sunderer
    Maxed engineer ammo. Has wide radius to fill everyones guns with bullets.
    Medic. Stand in a crowd and turn on your heal aura. Throw revive grenade in choke points.
    Flash with fury and radar. Shoot people at close range, inside buildings at entrances. The scojt radar gives xp when team mates kill the enemies hou detect.
    MAX. Kill stuff.
  4. EV0_sentient_

try to go to alerts and try playing medic and engineer mostly. (get the shield generator on medic). Try and always spawn a sundy, as well as keeping it alive.
    I would advise using engineer until you get enough certs into your med tool.
    Every 250 xp (i think) gives a cert. So getting a service ribbon is worth 250 xp and gives you an automatic cert, as well as any bonus certs. You get ribbons for doing tasks over and over. like giving ammo, constantly repairing, healing, capturing points, and so on. It's also good to note using the same weapon gives you medals.
    10 kills = 2 certs (bronze)
    60 kills = 10 certs (silver)
    160 kills = 20 certs (gold)
    1160 = 2000 certs (aruaxiam)
    You should probably switch to a different weapon after gold for a more efficient way of farming, and leave going aruaxiam for a big pay day.
    Destroying vehicles is good at getting a bunch of certs at one time, and you should always hit harassers, esf's, and Valkyries as they take small arms fire and you can get assists just for hitting them.

But remember supporting your team is the best way to get certs without effort and time. buying support items on your vehicles and gadgets will cost you, but will pay for itself in the future, and then some.

Look up wrel on youtube, he is the best for planetside 2 info videos and such. Koolaid is pretty good too.
  5. CorporationUSA

That's a good point. I auraxiumed the Gauss Saw in a weekend. And considering I had an XP boost and a membership at the time, I was swimming in the certs. It was ridiculous.
  6. Cham

I can farm 1,000 certs in a day. However I'm a subbed player using a boost. Easiest way to get certs is in a tank setup to take out other vehicles.

ESF farming is rough in heavy fights due to the amount of AA in the game.
  7. Thardus

Probably not the fastest method, but I was doing pretty well tonight by just going to large fights and spamming recon darts in all directions, dropping mines as I went.
  8. FBVanu

Join a squad, get squad boost
    join the alert fight, preferably on the underpop faction, as they will have many more targets to shoot at
    gun for a good MBT driver, or Liberator pilot.. every time they kill something, you get XP from their kills.
    be an engineer, repair the vehicle every chance you get
    this should earn you your daily 5 bonuses.. plus the squad xp increase
    plus the alert xp
    it adds up fast

stick with it.. , if you are a decent gunner, befriend the vehicle driver/pilot.. offer to gun for them every time
    (caution: if it is a suicidal driver/pilot.. you won't earn much.. make sure they know how to stay alive for a while)

after a few hours that driver / pilot will be looking for you..

then you can live happily every after.. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  9. JobiWan

I thought Auraxium gave 200 certs, not 2000
  10. n0pax

I have to ask because I am super curious about how it works but have never tried it. How does the shield generator generate exp? Also another question, is it an ability for the medic? If I destroy your shield gen, do you need to resupply to get another one or do you get a new one when your ability bar regenerates?
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

• HE tank (default Viper Lightning is best) at a tower/base fight where your faction attacks
    • repairing Maxes in a Biolab fight as Engineer
    • healing/reviving as Medic in a large base fight (preferably in a Biolab shield room where your teammates step out to attack, get killed and get revived/healed by you immediately after)
    • (takes more skill and initial investment) ESF with AI nosegun (Banshee, PPA, Airhammer) and/or rocketpods at an infantry fight or Biolab landing pad
    • (easy but less rewarding) deploying Sunderer AMS module assists in a large fight or motion sensor/spotter assists in a large tower fight
  12. Mootar

If you are half decent then killing is the best way to farm certs, so just choose your class/vehicle of choice and go kill crazy.

If you are not so good, just medic revive in huge zergs, gun other peoples vehicles or if all else fails play SMG cloaker.
  13. FieldMarshall

I think you should go Engineer while playing repair AMS in the side for farming certs. Its a bit boring but very effective.
    Medic is also nice, but you have to compete with fellow Medics for revives, and it relies on teamates dying, which doesent always happen.

Drop ammopacks near chokepoints while also running around repairing everything (preferably MAXes) as much as possible.
    When you see that you dont get any more XP from your ammopack, you can type /suicide and die to reset the cap (or wait a minute)
    Dont do it unless there is a medic nearby though. Its not worth /suiciding if you have to go all the way back to spawn.
    Also drive your AMS around repairing things, and deploying it in good spots.

You will get the most XP from assaulting Biolabs, when you can stand in the teleporter room constantly repairing MAXes while also getting ammo XP.

Also, cert out your ammopack.
    If a level1 ammopack lies next to a level2 ammopack, only the person who deployed the level2 ammopack gets XP.

Running a deployed repair sunderer i was getting spawn XP, sunderer repair XP, repair XP and ammopack XP then this happened:
    [IMG]
    ^
    (From when i completed my Engineer repair directive. I think i was subbed)

If 1000 certs a week is your goal, then its totally possible =]
  14. bl33ping

repair sundy farming (maxed out prox repair) with a squadmate is probably the fastest/easiest way to rack up certs. i've gotten myself to #1 monthly score across all servers from doing that. remember that it only works with two sundies at a time. factor in membership + double xp weekend + boost and you'll be swimming in certs.
    • Up x 1
  15. EV0_sentient_

so
    rry ya 200 my bad
  16. TDawg302

Medic. Just sit and revive people from around a corner. You get the same XP as if you got a kill and you don't get shot!
  17. MetalCotton

Kill more people.

If that's not good enough advice: Acquire a MAX, if you're NC you've got the best one. Then, find a nice corner in a busy base with AI weaponry. Proceed to skillsuit your way through 1000 certs and earn the ire of everyone ever.
  18. HadesR

Find a Tower or Biolab fight ... something with loads of MAX's

Then play Engi, dropping ammo packs and repairing as you go ..
  19. SamReye

Go into dense fights as HA with some kind of easy-to-use weapon, that tends to work well. Biolab stalemates are cert piles if you have good positioning at one of the doors, and just shoot anyone on the other side willing to look out. Anywhere where there are 48+ people tends to have easy farms in the area I've found.
  20. DannyCrowbar72

I'm very surprised at how many replies I got in such a short amount of time! Thank you so much, these tips have helped quite a lot!