In case you were wondering, DBG screwed us over once again.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HAXTIME, Jul 14, 2015.

1. teks

If they don't care for the game why are they paying attention to non-official forums?
  2. SwornJupiter

NC IS THE SHOTGUN FACTION. Tell me why they have long range 100% accuracy, high DPS ravens?
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

because if they'd given us another dam shotgun, (this time for AV!) we'd have all quit the game lol.
  4. Danath

Low DPS but almost always hits>high dps but shotgun accuracy. I got the second level of "AA" directive with my VS HA using only the Lancer.
    We don't want ask for a Lancer, but a Rocket Launcher that at least shoots in the direction we are aiming
    • Up x 2
  5. Shaggath

First people need to try the actual striker to shoot ground target it's possible and i use it all days.
    This rl is actually the best option to shoot turret tank deploy sundy and mag thanks to the velocity.
    Is not totally assisted with wire **** and blind function.
    The problem come with extrem long range when we loose 1 or 2 rocket with the cof.
    This is the problem to address initial cof.

But tank and turret have to deal with ballistic and i think adding weapon to avoid that is stupid and just increase imbalance.
  6. Dalemir

Best option still doesn't mean its good. It's only reliable against stationary targets, and even then you have to chose to fire faster and miss some rockets or fire slower and become some sniper's certs.
    • Up x 1
  7. AlterEgo

The end times are here! Lady ZOE shall arrive, and shall GLOW more gloriously than ever! Hail the Overdrive! Hail!
    Come back to me, my love!
    [IMG]
    *Cries*
    • Up x 2
  8. Eternaloptimist

I could stand to give the new Striker a try out in live game before heaping criticism or praise on DBG. I got one as an alternative to boredom using other RLs available to TR and I must say it is frustrating sometimes and gratifying other times but always momentary fun to plunk out a stream of rockets. Kills are low, sure, but it frightens the willies out of attacking vehicles and I have seen the backsides of many smoking chariots busily running away after saying hello to Mr Striker. Recognising that it is a niche weapon - short range area denial - is the key to appreciating its charms (that and the plunk, plunk, plunk, plunk, plunk, plunk) .

I use the other ESRLs as well for the variety and I must say that nothing touches the Phoenix for getting kills in those hard to reach places whereas the Lancer........hmmmm. Not a fan except for that manly booming noise it makes when you fire it.

My kill rankings are:
    • 1st Phoenix (by an Auraxian mile)
    • 2nd Striker (no, really.....mostly esfs who get too close)
    • 3rd Lancer (which I find it really hard to hit moving targets with)
  9. AlterEgo

The Lancer is quite the weapon, actually. Years of using it to steal kills I had ABSOLUTELY no idea existed can mold you into that one troll no one on your faction likes.
  10. FieldMarshall

If it was any other company i would think:
    "Great, they are changing it little by little. Waiting a few weeks collecting data and see how it performs before changing it some more if it needs it".
    But since its PS2 all i can think is: "Great, so this is how its going to be for atleast another year".

I think they should make it load rockets one by one like a Baron, and faster reload.
    At the moment its one of those weapons that you use if you want to killsteal something or scare something away.
    • Up x 2
  11. Eternaloptimist

Oh yes, I hear lots of good things about Lady Lancer and I wasn't criticising it really - I just haven't learned how to get the results with it yet. I think I'll give it another go (auto hitting with lock ons or missing with your one and only dumb firing opportunity is getting a bit old again for my poor Vanu alter egos, plus the micky taking from their Striker equipped TR cousins is getting a bit annoying)
  12. teks

Its not really good on its own, except for trolling kills or getting assists. Ya gotta bring friends to really get the most out of the weapon. Once the combined alpha damage is high enough, enemy tanks can't retreat.
  13. HAXTIME

Without it, you could hit infantry, and if you land all 6 shots on a non-nanoweave armor opponent, it might die. Also, you could hit stationary targets further than 50m. That would be game breakingly overpowered. At least that's what they seemingly think.
    • Up x 1
  14. HAXTIME

More like we sometimes deliver 1 or 2 rockets at those ranges from a full mag.
  15. Eternaloptimist

Yeah well....CoF is a pain but I see the argument about needing someting for balance, like the other ESRLs - the horrendous number of misfires on the Phoenix and the long charge up time on the Lancer.
  16. Stormsinger

If you look closely enough, you will see that the Ravens themselves are weilding tiny shotguns with armor penetrating rounds.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dalemir

How about striker low burst damage and long exposure time ?
  18. Dargadon

[IMG]
    Really? Like, REALLY?
    • Up x 1
  19. omfgweeee

I dont understand why you think the community "desires" are the best balanced option, because by default most peoples are stupid which means if most of the peoples have said they striker to be long range AV wep doesnt mean its ok in balance point of view!
  20. Dalemir

OK, it might not be long range AV, but it should do what other ES launchers do:
    - be safer to use. (lancer has it's range, phoenix can be launched from behind cover)
    - able to combat other faction MBT - be able to reliably hit (most likely based on player skill) magriders and have some burst damage against vanguards. (lancer have burst against vanguards and can outrange prowler, phoenix can be steered into magrider and can be shot from behind cover against prowler)