[Suggestion] Battle Rifles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Craazycanuck, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Craazycanuck

Devs can you please fix the balance between the factions for Battle Rifles. Currently the VS battle rifle has 30m/s less velocity with no gains anywhere else to offset when compared to both the NC and the TR. The VS Directive Battle Rifle suffers a similar fate.

TR and NC are the same stat wise other then the Warden also gets a faster reload.
  2. Pikachu

Venu battle rifle has no bullet drop.
    • Up x 7
  3. Demigan

Vanu Battle rifle has no bullet drop, and has a markedly higher headshot-kill ratio than the other two Battle Rifles. This means that despite the lower velocity, it's performing very well.

In fact, of the non-auraxium Battle Rifles the Vanu score the highest in KPU and KPH
    • Up x 1
  4. Craazycanuck

**** forgot all about bullet drop in my sleep deprived state. Thanks gents.
    • Up x 1
  5. Imp C Bravo

Also, Vanu don't have a lot of great guns, so BRs are more viable simply because of the lack of alternatives ;)
  6. teks

archer, vx6-7, pulsar C, shotguns, and SMGs. Vanu isn't shy in the carbine department. We ain't VS medics.
  7. AlterEgo

Yeah, Eidolon is pretty decent.

!Fact: First gun I bought in this game!
    • Up x 1
  8. Erendil

Me too. I think I bought it within the first 5mins of my character's creation on Launch Day. :cool:
  9. AlterEgo

*Gasp*
    Haxor alert!
    Haxor alert, class!
  10. Stormsinger

While I am usually one of the first to claim that no-bullet drop doesn't matter, the VS battle rifle is one of the few exceptions. The Eidolon is superior to either of the other factions' battle rifles at long range, allowing for a much greater degree of precision when attempting to headshot. Over short range, lack of bullet drop has absolutely zero effect, at 150+ meters, I feel it very slightly, and at 200m, I have to compensate slightly. With a suppressor, however, that changes - this is where the Eidolon shines - silent, nodrop, accurate rounds are awesome, especially since they begin dropping at a much lesser distance then non-suppressed rounds.

Fun facts, since I looked it up after reading this post...

Suppressors really suck the velocity out of rounds, battle rifles would fall into the -40% category, making the no-drop all that more valuable (Since, logically speaking... shots drop the same amount over time, but less velocity = dropping sooner)
    • Up x 1
  11. AxiomInsanity87

Does HVA offset the silencers velocity loss?.

I use that on my cougar and it seems to work but i can't tell if it actually is or I've just used that setup so long that i've forgotten lol.
  12. Stormsinger

Unfortunately, it doesn't really offset it entirely, but it does help.

From: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/High_Velocity_Ammunition

The Cougar gets 15.38% velocity increase from HVA (And 10% more vertical recoil) , and the Suppressor reduces velocity by 35%.

With 520 base velocity, the HVA will bring it to 600m/s. Adding a suppressor drops it to 390m/s
    With just the suppressor, and no HVA, you are looking at 338 m/s

In the end, using both suppressor / HVA nets you 52 m/s, which doesn't seem worth it, given the extra recoil. (I personally avoid HVA on almost everything, save for stuff I want to use in single-fire mode, like the Eidolon. )
  13. AxiomInsanity87

Woah i didn't know silencers reduced velocity that much.

Damn, i'll be removing that hva from my silenced cougar then lol.