Came back after a break and my account was fully reset/lost (EU player)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kushko, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Kushko

So apparently there was an account migration for EU players that had a deadline to do so otherwise your account was lost? The fact that this was not automatic for all accounts is shocking, but even more shocking was the lack of informing existing players that were on a break from the game as i got no email or other notification informing me that my entire account is in jeopardy.

I was a paying costumer having spent over 100€ on the game and countless hours, but now due to very poor business practices that is apparently gone. I made a support ticket only to get a cold/automated reply that having missed the january deadline, there is nothing to be done. Not only are my characters gone but account wide purchases/unlocks for which i spent real money for are gone as well.

Needless to say this is unacceptable. As support has already failed or is unwilling to help, i come here as my last hope for official help.
  2. sIcGER

there are ppl with the same problem

i can understand your frustration, but there is really nothing you can do

i think technically it should be possible to restore your chars as long as you can find them on planetside2-players - but they just dont want to

seems they are like: you had enough time, get over it!

there was the opportunity that they do the migration manually for some time after the deadline of the migration process, after you send in a ticket - but now the only answer you get is: you missed the migration process

its pretty likely that you are p.ssed now and dont want to start from scratch again - and so we lose another player who wanted to come back :(
  3. Kushko

I could perhaps stomach it if it were only the characters, but even my payed account wide unlocks are gone, like liberator weapons and soldier cosmetics to name a few.

The fact that the migration was not done automatically (especially for paying costumers) is really bad, but for them to later tell me they cant even manually reimburse anything is just shocking beyond belief. I have never in my 20 years of gaming seen such bad business practice.

I do NOT accept the "you are too late, make a new account" solution (if you can even call it that with a straight face) and will NOT go quietly in to the night.
  4. Lord_Mogul

They should atleast sent emails to that accounts , to informiert about that stuff!

It's a shame if they did not.

(since I never migrated if over to them, my account was never in the Hand of P7G, so I had no experience with them.)
  5. Kushko

I have just sent them all my payment information and asked if they could at least reimburse the lost in game currency if the characters themselves are lost for some reason that just blows my mind. I did not even ask for the double in game currency i got from SOE get double currency events so i would have still come out way worse than i was before. And yet they still refuse to render any help at all and just keep quoting the same response over and over which is that manual migration ended january 31st and any accounts lost due to it are not their problem.

I'm shocked beyond words right now. It would cost them nothing to just inject a token amount of ingame cash on my account to reimburse a portion of what i lost but NOPE, they would rather have a potentially hostile ex customer that will most likely spread the word of their very poor treatment than meet even half way and retain a paying customer.

I am currently trying to contact someone/anyone else at daybreak, because the person i am currently talking to at player support is being completely uncooperative. I wonder how he would feel if he lost an account on which he spent 100+€ and countless hours.
  6. Ninave

The thing is, you own the stuff you paid money for. They are a US based company that can't do anything without having the customer click the "Agree" due to their fear of being sued for moving the customers things around so they could not automate the migration. That's just their corporate and consumer culture.

They did sent 4 emails about the migration (although for me one was found in the spam folder).

Sorry for the loss of your stuff though.