MAXes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bekja, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Kulso

So, you want to be able to annihilate entire platoons with a skillsuit?
  2. bekja

[IMG]
  3. DeadlyPeanutt

I play engie main and put down tons of tank mines in the path of max crashes. Rarely do i get a max kill from them. Mostly they are detonated by grenades prior to the rush, or by enemy players who pop them with small arms fire.

I have an archer on one character, TR I think, but I rarely use it, because, as has been pointed out, it takes a primary weapon slot, does little damage to infantry or armor. I don't see other engies using archers either.

Summary: Neither the archer, nor the changes in tank mines will significantly effect maxes. I don't see any changes are necessary.
  4. I_can't_find_a_name

Absolutely...all while engaging the enemy at point blank range so my shotguns are at all effective...dodging or eating their no-scoped rockets, C4. grenades, multiple machine guns pecking me to death from beyond my weapon's effective range (sometimes across a long room), being slow, loud, a large target getting shot during my 4 second reloads...and now looking out for tank mines and NS Archers. It's very situational and fun when you are in your element, not much fun when you aren't. Now being effective with a max suit is only all the more worth 450 nanites. I'll be honest, as a max I can tell in a second if I'm up against skilled players or not. The tank mine is a cheap way to die as a max, being beaten by a skilled player has some honor...
  5. FateJH

*thumbs up*
    I am going to repeat something I said once to a self-proclaimed Skyknight on the forums once before, him complaining about Flak being cheap and interrupting him during his dogfighting. "I don't care about your honor duels. I'm here to defend my allies."
    The only thing that interests me at the moment is giving AT mines a reaction time at the point of deployment. They're far too effective as a reactionary implement otherwise.
    • Up x 1
  6. I_can't_find_a_name

Very noble...
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

mmmmh i LOVE my Archer so much. i remember the times when i killed a Max from 500+ meters away. or when i killed four NC Maxes in a row in a biolab fight who just stood there thinking their shield would protect them against headshots...well Archy says otherwise :3

other infantry weapons may be all-around more effective and flexible. but no other gun in this game can pull stuff like this off, killing Maxes so reliably and unexpectedly.