[Suggestion] NS MAX weapons?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Keidranex, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Keidranex

As every other class and some vehicles have common pool weapons, and aside from the bursters MAX units don't, so I was thinking that they should have a NS alternative for AV and/or AI, even if it's a heavy assault rifle mounted on either arm.

The main reason I was thinking about this was during a fairly short killstreak as an NC MAX unit, which was put to an end when I found myself quite honestly buggered due to the very short effective range of my pellet spreaders. You could make the argument of slugs, while a valid option, may not be the preferred option for many players, and still doesn't change the fact there are no NS weapons for the MAX unit (excluding bursters).

I apologize if little or none of this suggestion made sense, as my eyes are burning and I've been up for more than the healthy amount of hours for any sane person.
  2. I_can't_find_a_name

I would like a combination AK 57 oozie radar laser triple-barrel double-scoped heat-seekin' shotgun. In all seriousness, I'm sort of adapted to life as an NC max...you know where you are useful and where you don't belong. I think I would rather have a utility that automatically duds tank mines before I am close enough to see them, teleports them back in the pouch of the enemy engineer that placed them and set them off in his pocket ! :)
  3. Scr1nRusher

The MAX NS HMG is en works.

The MAx Grenade launcher is on hold, but definitely could be balanced to be similar to a Fury.
  4. TeddyMan56

I wish the MAX flame thrower would come back, it always put a smile on my face even in the darkest of times...
    • Up x 1
  5. Dargadon

And it is so heartWARMing...
  6. TeddyMan56

Iol, i love jokes like these....
  7. Eternaloptimist

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

The only problem I can see is that most weapons in the game don't kill as instantly as their real life equivalents or the game would be very frustrating to play, sooooo........how did a flame thrower work in Planetside before without being OP? Was there a defensive shield agsint it like nano for bullets and flak for explosions? was there a downside (apart, I assume, from range and or low ammo count)?
  8. Quiiliitiila

I for one want SOE or Daybreak or whatever they're calling themselves nowadays to STOP MAKING NS WEAPONS! I mean c'mon, every new NS weapon is another nail in the faction uniqueness coffin. When was the last time we actually got any ES specific content? The pistols? Oh boy, spoil me.

We got cheated with the Harasser, which was originally going to be ES and then more recently the Valkyrie which there was talk of it being ES as well. Why? Because it's cheaper to make one model than three.

But PLEASE no NS MAX stuff. The MAX units are the last bastions of unadulterated ES weapons and abilities in the game, untouched by the NS plague (aside from bursters, but that can't be helped).