Can't get steam overlay working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by General of War, Jun 30, 2015.

1. General of War

I just wanna throw money at this game, but this game will seriously not work with steam on my computer. I reinstalled steam even, and still can't get the steam overlay working AT ALL. Other games WORKS JUST FINE.
  2. user101

You don't want steam overlay working in this game -- take my word on that...! Steam will do nothing but slow you down in this game and you don't want that.
  3. Ninave

Standard debug to this has always been to turn Razer thingy off, then start Steam fresh and the game and try again. It somehow locks the overlay from interacting with the game.
  4. RainbowDash9

ive tested that and it does literally nothing to its perfomance :p as for the problem though, try turning off overlay in game, start the game, close, re-enable :p
  5. General of War

What Razer thingy?
  6. General of War

I can't edit my post.

So, I googled this Razer thingy, and turns out. I don't have ANY Razer products, OR Razer Synapses.

So that can't be the problem. It's just PS2 that the steam overlay isn't working.
  7. General of War

I think I fixed my problem, myself.

I disabled several things such as SetPoint/EasyTune/LogitechGamingSoftware/Etc

I think the one that finally did it was disabling FRAPS, I never even knew this was a problem.

Guess that fixes my troubles, whatever I did. Steam overlay is working again.