"Game Is Starting, Please Wait" Forever

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bobmarkusbob, Jun 30, 2015.

1. bobmarkusbob

When i hit "launch" the "Game is starting, please wait..." thing pops up and stays up but nothing else happens. I left it like that for at least and hour to no avail. I have tried doing a fresh restart with no background programs running, and i have switched from the steam launcher to the daybreak launcher but nothing works. Help?

[IMG]
  2. Ninave

1. Have you whitelisted every *.exe in the game installation folder to your anti-virus? - It needs to start many things to get online and is regularly flagged as false positive if not specifically whitelisted.
    2. Is your windows 64bit? - 32bit is no longer supported as of this month.
    3. Do you have any proxy settings anywhere? - Can't have those, google how to reset internet settings in your windows.
    4. Try validating files from the Launcher (not STEAM, it'll download un-updated installation version!) wrench icon. - Something could have gone wrong at some point.
  3. bobmarkusbob

1. Yes i tried that, i even tried disabling my firewall and antivirus but to no avail.
    2. Windows is 64 bit.
    3. Cleared proxy settings.
    4. Validated my files from the launcher because i downloaded the game directly from the site

thanks for the help though : )
  4. Ninave

5. Try going to folder LaunchPad.libs and remove the cache folder in there. - It sometimes tries to connect wrong addresses as a priority and deleting those makes it refresh it again.
  5. bobmarkusbob

Tried this as well but to no avail, same problem
  6. bobmarkusbob

I AM SO HAPPY I FIGURED IT OUT!
    For those in the future who have the same problem:
    Try running launchpad.exe, planetside2.exe and awesoniumprocess.exe in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatability mode.