Bandit attachments

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Heelixs, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Heelixs

Hi all.First of all thank you for your time to read this thread and thank you for helping me (in advance). So. I'm a casual player,playing Planetside for 2 years. Just for the fun of it,me and my pal discovered it and we like it a lot. I've bought and tried a lot of guns but the special one for me is Bandit. And yeah,I play light assault. For about 96% of whole game time.Back to the topic. Yeah, guns. Bandit. Bandit is just great for me. I like it's higher ROF than Merc's (which i didn't like at all),0.75 ADS movement speed and it's vertical recoil which is perfect for head shots etc. I have all the attachments but what I really need is your advice and opinion which attachments should I use. I want to create a perfect gun. Well perfect for me.
    Thank you again! :D
  2. Heelixs

Oh yes,and I'll be using 2x reflex sight (because I'm half blind. for real :D). And SPA which is definetly mandatory :D
  3. Iridar51

No barrel attachment - all of them have downsides, and usually it's better to keep the weapon versatile.

I'd recommend 1x reflex scope - easier to control recoil, and more versatile in close quarters. The only downside - a bit harder to make out targets at range. For an experienced player it should be no problem to see enemies even if they seem small because of the distance. But since you're "half blind" - yeah, probably better to keep using 2x.

SPA is a no brainer.

Forward Grip vs. Advanced Laser Sight - is a bit tricky. For Jaguar and Zenith, a player can go either way, but for Bandit I recommend the laser sight. Out of the three 75% ADS carbines, Bandit has the least horizontal recoil, and its damage drops an additional tier.

At close range, Bandit is accurate enough as it is, and at long range it it doesn't do enough damage per bullet to be effective even with Forward Grip.

ALS on the other hand will allow to easily nail those scary 3 headshot kills in close quarters with hip fire. And it will help bridge the gap where it's too close to aim with the 2x reflex you're gonna be using.

I often hear "use forward grip if you're mostly ADS", but in my opinion it's better to learn to play properly rather than sink deeper in vices.
    • Up x 2
  4. Heelixs

Yeah,I've tried with flash suppressor,it's okay but without ALS is a bit tricky to get a hip fire kill. And suppressor... I mean its good not to ping on the map but 35% decrease in bullet velocity plus 5% decreased bullet velocity from spa..... I found very difficult to track shot even in CQC.. Thanks,actually I was thinking between forward grip and ALS. First I was using forward grip hence that I ould call myself an ADS player but that 150ms equip time just killed me every time i tried to pull a knife..
    well thanks bro,a lot :D see on the battlefield!
  5. HORNYBOSS

My advice for you is to use medkits instead of C4
  6. Corezer

I normally run 1x + grip to push its range out but I have 20/10 vision, for you I would stick with the 2x and run a laser for close range.

I would also use C4, if it were a more controllable weapon with a tighter moving cone like a solstice or lynx, I would run medkits and down maxes with the carbine from range (this strategy also works better when half the maxes you are facing get gimped by partial cover from rooftops etc rather than having more accurate weapons) but with a bandit you will hurt your ammo supplies bad shooting steel and thus you need the anti max capabilities of C4

I use a flash hider on my bandit, I find it does in fact make a noticeable improvement due to the particular weapon's flash, and due to the extra level of damage drop the gun is pretty **** at ranges where you would notice the extra bloom anyway.

SPA cause SPA, the only time I don't use it is the lynx...
  7. Heelixs

I've been practising with 1x reflex,and without any scope at all. it better than 2x but like you said its hard to find targets at distance. but since i'm playing close quarters that doesn't matter.
    i've also tried all combos of attachments and the best working for me is: 1x reflex sight,suppressor,forward grip,spa :)
    thanks all for the info and your opinions.
    just one quick question. Should i go for the Fortuna? I've seen a lot of videos and it seems fun. What my question is. Should i take the fortuna over Bandit? THanks in advance!
  8. Corezer

For me the GCS with a laser sight, comp, and SPA is better than a fortuna. way more controllable for 23rpm, and the UBSG is a non-factor for me due to inconsistency. I'm irregular tho...
  9. Iridar51

Power of self persuasion, man. GCS has vertical recoil of 0.45, same as AC-X11. Compensator reduces that to 0.38, hardly "way more controllable" compared to Fortuna's 0.4.
    And GCS has worse horizontal recoil at 0.175 / 0.2 vs 0.175 / 0.175 of Fortuna.
  10. Corezer

vertical recoil becomes about the same with the comp, but the slightly lower rof makes a difference without changing TTK too much and visual changes a ton, and the hip difference after laser sight is negligible.
  11. Iridar51

So basically by using GCS with mentioned attachments you get the same gun with downgraded RoF... You could just use Razor.
  12. UberNoob1337101

1x Reflex of choice. Don't run 2x reflex on a CQC carbine, I did it 3 times, all 3 times I had nightmares of using them and Vietnam flashbacks.

ALWAYS SPA.

Adv. Laser is better, slower firing weapons benefit more from laser sights due to not having to deal with as much bloom and you need less shots do kill people, your hip-fire is already SMG class, equipping a adv. laser means that you can even hip-fire at mid range to some effect and your hip-fire becomes spot-on accurate.

Keep the barrel clean, all of them have down-sides considering the weapon has great accuracy for a close-range carbine and the barrel attachments hinder your head-hunting and make your 3-shot headshot kill almost impossible, but without barrel attachments your weapon's accuracy and damage over range is on line with the Mercenary and head-hunting is super easy.
  13. Corezer

You could, if you wanted to go from slightly lower rof for slightly more control to significantly lower rof for significantly more control. I just feel you push different roles rather than blend them at that point.

and holy Toledo, people use razor too.
  14. Iridar51

I was talking about you specifically, not "people". Without the utility of underbarrels GCS is a downgrade from Mercenary / Fortuna. Your argument is "it's lower RoF so more controllable" isn't convincing. 550 vs 577 vs 600 difference is barely there.
  15. Heelixs

Adv. Laser is better, slower firing weapons benefit more from laser sights due to not having to deal with as much bloom and you need less shots do kill people, your hip-fire is already SMG class, equipping a adv. laser means that you can even hip-fire at mid range to some effect and your hip-fire becomes spot-on accurate.

Keep the barrel clean, all of them have down-sides considering the weapon has great accuracy for a close-range carbine and the barrel attachments hinder your head-hunting and make your 3-shot headshot kill almost impossible, but without barrel attachments your weapon's accuracy and damage over range is on line with the Mercenary and head-hunting is super easy.[/quote]

I don't use adv.laser because I honestly rarely hip fire. Thats the thing I'm just not good at it and somehow i always ran into heavy face to face. And i always lose,so i tend to evade hip firing as much as possible Besides i've maybe killed hundred players with hip fire.
    As for the barrel attachment, I totally agree that both attachments have sevear downsides,but i play as a stealthy LA and suppressor is doing the trick. Without barrel attachment the is indeed more versatile but players always tend to find me. Do you get me? Well,there is an option that i am not so skilled to not be found :) state your opinions :)
  16. Heelixs

The first two sections were supposed to be a quote :O from Ubernoob1337101
  17. _itg

If you like using suppressed weapons, the bandit probably isn't the optimal choice for you. It has poor velocity and unusually bad damage dropoff, and the suppressor will seriously compound these drawbacks.

For close-range stuff, a suppressed Cyclone would be pretty much a straight upgrade (higher DPS, better hipfire, faster reload, larger mag if you run ext mags, etc.), and the GD-7F should also be better, although less of a direct comparison. For medium-range stuff, a high-velocity carbine like the Razor will do a lot better with the suppressor, because the penalized velocity is still workable, and HVA offsets the suppressor's damage penalty. The Bandit has sort of an odd niche where it's in between true CQC weapons and all-rounders like the Mercenary, but with a suppressor, I think it's just a slightly subpar CQC weapon.
  18. Heelixs

Nice point there mate! :D I've tried Cyclone but to be honest I dont like SMGs. Cyclone is really good but I didn't find myself in that weapon. I am using Razor for the mid-long range in the open fields and open bases.
    Surely, there is a better option than a Bandit but the truth is. Of all weapons for the LA,except the shottys,I ve found that the Bandit is the best working wepoan for me. I'm truly in love with that weapon. I honestly dont know why but....It gives me love back all the time :D
  19. Heelixs

I stand corrected. Iridar51 and Ubernoob were right. I was testing/playing yesterday whole day with ALS and without barrel attachment and it proved to be better attachment option than mine. Truly,even I rarely hip fire,ALS helped me to close the gap. I've found that forward grip is really unnesecery since the Bandit has a really small horizontal recoil which I can easily control without the forward grip.
    And for the barrel attachment. I really like suppressor but since I'm playing mostly big battles there is always "a bigger fish" that spots/kills me. So it doesnt matter if i ping or not. Since I'm not infiltrator :)
    Thank you all for your opinions and help.

See you all on the battle field! :)